What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Dedicated. The top-down shooters always seemed like throwbacks to me but Hyper showed me a game called Ruiner last year that had me see the style in a new light. Unique to this project though is clearly John Woo and Nicolas Refn's lovechild at the helm. :p
I own Ruiner as well. Quite a fun game! Never got around to completing it, though.

Also, no kidding about Woo and Refn :D It's a beautiful style.

Just been tearing up Rocksmith. Learning some Iron Maiden and got 94% on Fear of the Dark at 80% speed on my second try.

I saw R6 Siege and Wildlands are only $15 now. Always wanted to try siege but don't want to play with randos and not big on competitive shooters. Wildlands was kinda fun but didn't totally tickle my pickle when it came out. Maybe I'll give that another shot.

Observer

This is one of the best bad games I've played in a while. It's essentially a narrative driven cyberpunk/horror game, that forgets it's a NARRATIVE driven game, and puts some stupid insta-kill gameplay elements into it from time to time, that really takes you out of it.

First things first, it makes no bones about it's "Blade Runner" influences, as you're greeted to an identical text scroll from the classic flick, and it's main character is voiced by Rutger Hauer, and it's all about future cybernetics run amok. It's shameless, really. It's well done enough though, and carves out it's own identity as you play.

The game is a bit of a murder mystery that hooks you immediately with it's investigative gameplay that has you methodically checking every drawer and cupboard for clues, and using your cybernetic implants to scan for clues, ala Deus Ex. That's the long and short of the actual gameplay. For the rest of it, you'll pretty much be walking around in corridors, knocking on every door, talking to the sparse amount of NPC's, and generally being lead by the hand to your objectives. Where the game shines is in it's art direction, which slowly takes the regular apartment building you're walking around in, and morphs it into a mind trip horror landscape. The little tricks this game uses to keep you on edge, are very effective, and it's the game's main strength. It keeps you going just to see what tricks it has in store for you.

It would be a great little horror experience, if not for a few glaring problems. The big one being these seldom, but still very irritating insta-kill stealth sections, that has you avoiding a monster, or in a very frustrating part, avoiding spotlights from flying saucers. The problem is that you're just not equipped to deal with it. The gameplay mechanics simply don't work, because the character you're controlling was not designed with these elements taken into consideration. It would be like throwing Commander Sheppard from Mass Effect, into God Of War. He just wasn't designed to deal with the fast paced action. Same here. It's a character that was built to walk around and look at shit. Not stealthily sneak around and avoid detection. If you've played the game, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It shouldn't even be a big deal, because these moments are so few and far between, but they're just so infuriatingly frustrating, that they can really ruin the experience.

If you can get past that, it is a very solid experience, with some really trippy visuals, and a great atmosphere. The flaws such as the above mentioned, and some really terrible technical issues, like frame rates dropping down to single digits, hold it back quite a bit though.

6/10

The pop in fucking sucks so hard in Forza horizon 4.

Looks like I literally drove into a Jedi.

Oh and I did this in Ryse :)
6e074245-a68c-4562-82f4-08dd1cd38d5a.PNG

The pop in fucking sucks so hard in Forza horizon 4.

Looks like I literally drove into a Jedi.

Oh and I did this in Ryse :)
6e074245-a68c-4562-82f4-08dd1cd38d5a.PNG

I don’t get it, what are we supposed to be seeing in the Forza footage?

I don’t get it, what are we supposed to be seeing in the Forza footage?

How I went from over 200 mph to like 20 mph in a second. The game lagged out and I hit an invisible wall cause it has major draw in issues.

Playing Assassins Creed Odyssey. It’s a bit repetitive but the thing that gets me is the FUCKING pause music where some witch screams woooooooo in a loop.

They should patch it.

Boom problem solved.

My household literally hates when I play it and go for a piss or whatever because she starts going woooooo ooooo oooooo woooooo wooooo ooooo ooooo

And it’s not a good woo

Never settle for bad woo woo.

How I went from over 200 mph to like 20 mph in a second. The game lagged out and I hit an invisible wall cause it has major draw in issues.
Ah, you had said “pop ins” so I was waiting for another car to magically appear and run into you or something.

Thought you had slammed on the brakes or something.

That would be annoying.

I need to play it more only played it a little with the kid so far.

Okay, I'm officially done with NBA2K 19. DONE! I gave it good go, but fuck it. I don't care about the micro transactions, and all the other bullshit people are complaining about. I simply just don't get it. I guess I suck. I can't get any sort of consistent flow with this game. There are no rules to this thing. Game by game, it changes. In fairness, that might be good for some folks who appreciate the sim like quality to it, but for fuck's sake, is it too much to ask that I hit a consistent jump shot? The "shot meter" is a piece of finicky garbage from Hell, and I can only assume that anybody who has mastered it, has no less than 1000 hours of play time put time put into it. It's bullshit. You gotta be perfect, or fuck right off. I can't take it anymore. Open shot with near perfect meter...swish. Next play, open jump shot with near perfect meter...clang. There is no reward for for breaking the defense in this shit. It's completely random, unless you're perfect green on the meter 100% of the time, which is damn near impossible.

FUCK IT!....FUCK IT!...

th

Starting E3m1 right now on ultimate doom.

Just finished E2, doing 100% on ultra violence the whole game, so I have to do a few levels over a few times to 100% them since I don’t remeber them like I used too.

Doing it on Xbox so the map screen doesn’t show kill count and secrets etc so I can’t just view it to check completeness before hitting the exit.

Sometime I remeber to save before hitting exit and can reload and go looking for stuff I missed, sometimes I forget or think I got it all and have to replay the mission lol.

I started at E1m1 and I’m gonna 100% every doom on ultra violence from there all the way to 2016,

This might take a while.....

Any of you guys going to get FC New Dawn?

It's only $40 and I'm a sucker for FC games so I'll probably get it. Plus I do like post apocalyptic scenarios.

Any of you guys going to get FC New Dawn?

It's only $40 and I'm a sucker for FC games so I'll probably get it. Plus I do like post apocalyptic scenarios.
Hell yes. And I liked 5, FTR. Great music. Hopeless County here I come.

I’m on E3M6 now, and I haven’t been conservative enough with my plasma a rockets in earlier missions.

I’m not as good at strafing with a controller as on a pc and getting big groups to infight is pretty tough on m6 ,

Punching barons and cacodemons is getting old lol.

I recently finished BOTW, it may be my favourite game of all time, definitely top 5. Up there with RE4, Bloodborne and TLOU. The fifth is always changing but UC2 has a place there atm.

Im playing REmake 2 right now, and you'd think any game I play after BOTW is gonna be a step down, but holy shit, Im enjoying it just as much as RE4 atm. Just gonna keep this flowing.

I've been playin ReCore on Xbone.

Sweet merciful balls! Whomever designed those jumping puzzles should be force-fed from a dumpster fire! I want to go into that developer's campus and fill an entire BUILDING with uppercuts!

Bioshock Infinite - Still at the very beginning of it. Seems super-mindfucky.

Blade Symphony - Just bought it for half a dollar. Currently downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back