What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have multiple accounts, so the first time, I played taking everything in, didnt eve finish. The next time I finished and the last time, just experimented with the zombies etc. Day 1 buy for me. Capcom is smashing it out the park here, and RE7 was the last entry. That was a 9/10 game.

Played Evil Within 2.

It was decent. I feel like the first game creeped me out a lot more.

I think they were on to something doing a horror game in more of an open exploration style with set pieces you can just happen on, it just needed to go a lot further - more to explore, more items to collect, more objectives etc.

Also, the frequency and timing of cut scenes and general interruption of the flow of the game was quite irritating at times.

Played Evil Within 2.

It was decent. I feel like the first game creeped me out a lot more.

I think they were on to something doing a horror game in more of an open exploration style with set pieces you can just happen on, it just needed to go a lot further - more to explore, more items to collect, more objectives etc.

Also, the frequency and timing of cut scenes and general interruption of the flow of the game was quite irritating at times.

Man I need to get on EW1 and 2, RE4 is one of my favourite games of all time, and even if EW1 does look like a budget RE4 with TLOU elements, I still need to experience it.

Next Friday cant come soon enough, Im itching for Remake 2.

I had been waiting for Injustice 2 to drop in price and picked it up in the Steam sale so I've been digging into it. The story mode may be the best I've experienced in a fighting game, in fact I like this story mode better than recent films put out by DC. Still need to go through the other modes just wanted to blast through the story first.

Jo, the demo was slick. Loved how responsive the camera and environmental interactions were – and boy, was I happy to run into Marvin, lol. My handgun however seemed criminally underpowered; one biddy took what seemed 6-7 headshots before her wig saw splitteth. Audio was killer as well and I noticed the reflections in all glass-panes were spot on; I mean, eerily good.

Was I to board up the broken window in the hallway following the reception area? The 30 mins. just flew by and though it cut me off mid-exploration, I did feel in the final moments a bit stuck. I believe I'll order but I need look into it being all indoors or not; I don't want to be trapped in small spaces for hours on end.

Thanks again, dude.

@jojoRed

Jo, the demo was slick. Loved how responsive the camera and environmental interactions were – and boy, was I happy to run into Marvin, lol. My handgun however seemed criminally underpowered; one biddy took what seemed 6-7 headshots before her wig saw splitteth. Audio was killer as well and I noticed the reflections in all glass-panes were spot on; I mean, eerily good.

Was I to board up the broken window in the hallway following the reception area? The 30 mins. just flew by and though it cut me off mid-exploration, I did feel in the final moments a bit stuck. I believe I'll order but I need look into it being all indoors or not; I don't want to be trapped in small spaces for hours on end.

Thanks again, dude.

@jojoRed

That happened to me aswell, I didnt even realise the time was up. Youre meant to learn that its just easier to pop the zombies in the knees and drop em than try headshoot all of them, not enough ammo. Its action survival horror, the pistol is damn weak (and sounds weak but thats by design), but you couldve gotten the shotgun if you picked up the weapon locker card and boy is that fun, close range, aim at the head and its bye bye. You shuld definitely explore everwhere because there are clues and puzzles which give you new map pieces or, a new weapon etc. Sometimes a bit of environmental storytelling. The zombies this time are gonna be tanks, so you gotta be smart.

2019 Is gonna be stacked. I believe REmake 2 will be a contender for GOTY and a top 5 game of the year. 2019 is the most stacked year in gaming in a long bloody time.

P.S At the start you could exit the police station and go outside, with the rain falling.

Decided to replay RE1 Remake after playing the RE2 demo. About half way through, I stopped to grab a bite to eat and saw an ad for a remastered version of Onimusha which released yesterday. It's gonna be a great two weeks of gaming nostalgia playing all three of these classics.

Sup, ma dudes.

Finished Sniper Elite 4 today. What a ride. Melee kills while creeping about are incredibly violent and satisfyingly so. Can I interest monsieur in a side of spinal severance with his throat slam? Started out as more a nester while booby-trapping about me but ended in proper commando fashion with baiting in addition to playing tag with my knife – and everyone was it.

Total game time including DLC and time spent on-range was approx. 45 hours. Is the DLC worth it? Yes. It boasts hands-down some of the most challenging and beautiful areas of operation in the game. It comes in four parts and each part – in practice, a mission in and of itself – will cost about 7€ per; that being said, each mission can take some 4-6 hours to complete so you're essentially paying roughly 1€/hour, which is a steal, IMO. Deathstorm 3 alone, for example, kept me busy for 8 hours. There are also two hidden main-campaign missions (Overwatches) and a multi-environment Survival mode versus AI that proves a super fun way to rank up, reinforce gear, unlock goodies, and ultimately git gud; I'm still hitting Survival as I type this. Game-wide, goings-on are mixed up nicely and unrepetitive while there's a clear narrative unfolding in the months of 1943 here. A robust save system is also at your disposal. None of the online trailers or images do it justice – it really pops on the television with rich colour and beautiful depth.

Longest in-combat shot was 357 metres (e/ 379 m), testicle shot – my personal best but probably only in the decent range for top players. Longest attempted was 647 – yes, you read that right, but I lacked the skill to do it; way too many factors to account for. I never used Aim Assist and couldn't bring myself to activate it so had to swallow my shortcomings. Saw some dudes in multiplayer using Assist and thought it was heretical – why play this at all? Know your rifle or know the door.

<DisgustingHHH>

Elements I'd like to see implemented or taken to a higher level in SE5 are:
  • the inclusion of personal waypoints – big oversight to my mind, and a map more sensitive to elevation differences
  • night and day cycles – as is, they have scope glint sunlight or no and while sunrise missions are very pretty, I'd like something more dynamic akin to Witcher 3 in this regard
  • more organic jump mechanism, which is here almost an action-halting QTE
  • livelier and less theatre-like waterbodies and puddling effects
  • automobile commandeering versus only sabotaging or reducing to debris
  • more fluid loadout options for type where one can carry two rifles and a pistol without a SMG/shotgun, or then one rifle and two SMGs without any pistol et cetera
Some spoiler-free tips for dawgs who might take the leap in the future:
  1. Shrapnel – Don't be Billy Bad-Ass and watch as you fire on both objects and Nazi war instruments; if you're within 35 metres, take cover instead of ducking; it really catches you by surprise but you'll get clipped hard by airborne wheels and shards…trust me, lol
  2. Blue-scarved dudes – These are your homies and who were known as les Francs-tireurs et partisans i.e. the French resistance; don't be an idiot like me and hide from or waste time sniping them, derp
  3. Objectives – leave incomplete at least one Primary (P) if you want further to hunt hidden objects, places, or wartime documents; there's simply no indication in-game when a mission is a wrap and you're to (a) exfil, or (b) rendezvous at your leisure; it's really a mix and varies from mission to mission; leaving one P undone puts you in control
  4. Challenges – Every area of operation has three deadeye challenges called Stone Eagles (I don't remember this at all from the North African campaign but I could be wrong); they do a devilishly good job at hiding these buggers so while not hard to hit per se as they are stationary, they can be taxing to find; it's pretty fun though to scan horizons or mountainous depressions with your binoculars; there are still a few I never could discover and I'd spend an extra hour in-mission sometimes looking for my last eagle
  5. Objectives/Challenges – Some are time-sensitive but are untelling of as much until it's too late, annoyingly; if you happen upon anything to do that's 'underway' or in motion like a propaganda operation or heist/convoy, stop what you're doing and prioritise accordingly
  6. Miscellanea – most stages have obscured shortcuts or detours that are money – think poor man's Bloodborne; I recommend playing on Elite difficulty or higher and only playing Marksman (Normal) for the first mission to feel everything out – the AI are demonstrably smarter as such and not superficially so where in other games greater difficulty means simply DMG output decreased, received increased; they do a great job here and there will be no endless enemy waves or cheap-shots the kind; war gadgets and suppressed ammunitions will always be in limited supply – fight wisely and defuse various explosives to reacquire at every chance
  7. Shooting Range – use it, especially if after a hiatus from the series; it's the best way to familiarise yourself with hitboxes for all vital organs and as for specs augmentation of your babies, you'll likely need know each; you can test-drive all weapons here, even DLC goodies when you haven't the DLCs, which was cool of them, I thought; use the range to test and perfect your loadout(s) while saving actual missions for your own immersion and enjoyment (Just a suggestion here)
  8. Weapons – Don't let the spec Stability preoccupy you too much and impact weapon of choice like it did me – it's just something high or low that you'll learn to intuit so screw it; take windage very seriously at any shot over 200m and on that note, the spec Muzzle Velocity, conversely, is something you should factor into your build
Enjoy, guys, and sorry for length.

cc: @90 50, @jojoRed, @Zer

SE4 a.jpg

Celeste

Free with Gold. I love me some old school platforming, and this one is damn good. Overrated by some though(10/10 IGN? Really?). I guess all you need to put one of these retro games over the top, is include cliche "emotional" story that hits on the theme of depression, and make the main character a girl. I mean it is good, but if I'm giving any 2D platformer 10/10, it's gonna be something like Rayman Legends, which offers way more variety and depth than this game.

Like I said though, it is damn good. Silky smooth controls. Great level design. Hard as balls. It's funny, I'm getting rare achievements for beating chapter 5 and up, and if you've managed to get that far, you know exactly where most people gave up. There's a part in this Temple level that is just unbelievably annoying, and spikes the difficulty up to a stupid degree. If you manage to deal with that shit, the next chapter has an even more irritating section, with a boss fight that I swear lasts for 30 screens or so of pure hell, and is just overkill. It took a lot of patience to deal with that nonsense.

Anyways, nearly finished with it. On the final stage which is essentially a gauntlet of all the levels, and it's pretty damn insane. Can't wait to see the bullshit they throw at you right at the end. If the end of chapter 6 is anything to go by, it's going to be quite the test. Ain't no quitting now, though. Take the PAIN!

8/10

Oh', I forgot about the soundtrack. Now that shit is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Sup, ma dudes.

Finished Sniper Elite 4 today. What a ride. Melee kills while creeping about are incredibly violent and satisfyingly so. Can I interest monsieur in a side of spinal severance with his throat slam? Started out as more a nester while booby-trapping about me but ended in proper commando fashion with baiting in addition to playing tag with my knife – and everyone was it.

Total game time including DLC and time spent on-range was approx. 45 hours. Is the DLC worth it? Yes. It boasts hands-down some of the most challenging and beautiful areas of operation in the game. It comes in four parts and each part – in practice, a mission in and of itself – will cost about 7€ per; that being said, each mission can take some 4-6 hours to complete so you're essentially paying roughly 1€/hour, which is a steal, IMO. Deathstorm 3 alone, for example, kept me busy for 8 hours. There are also two hidden main-campaign missions (Overwatches) and a multi-environment Survival mode versus AI that proves a super fun way to rank up, reinforce gear, unlock goodies, and ultimately git gud; I'm still hitting Survival as I type this. Game-wide, goings-on are mixed up nicely and unrepetitive while there's a clear narrative unfolding in the months of 1943 here. A robust save system is also at your disposal. None of the online trailers or images do it justice – it really pops on the television with rich colour and beautiful depth.

Longest in-combat shot was 357 metres, testicle shot – my personal best but probably only in the decent range for top players. Longest attempted was 647 – yes, you read that right, but I lacked the skill to do it; way too many factors to account for. I never used Aim Assist and couldn't bring myself to activate it so had to swallow my shortcomings. Saw some dudes in multiplayer using Assist and thought it was heretical – why play this at all? Know your rifle or know the door.

<DisgustingHHH>

Elements I'd like to see implemented or taken to a higher level in SE5 are:
  • the inclusion of personal waypoints – big oversight to my mind, and a map more sensitive to elevation differences
  • night and day cycles – as is, they have scope glint sunlight or no and while sunrise missions are very pretty, I'd like something more dynamic akin to Witcher 3 in this regard
  • more organic jump mechanism, which is here almost an action-halting QTE
  • livelier and less theatre-like waterbodies and puddling effects
  • automobile commandeering versus only sabotaging or reducing to debris
  • more fluid loadout options for type where one can carry two rifles and a pistol without a SMG/shotgun, or then one rifle and two SMGs without any pistol et cetera
Some spoiler-free tips for dawgs who might take the leap in the future:
  1. Shrapnel – Don't be Billy Bad-Ass and watch as you fire on both objects and Nazi war instruments; if you're within 35 metres, take cover instead of ducking; it really catches you by surprise but you'll get clipped hard by airborne wheels and shards…trust me, lol
  2. Blue-scarved dudes – These are your homies and who were known as les Francs-tireurs et partisans i.e. the French resistance; don't be an idiot like me and hide from or waste time sniping them, derp
  3. Objectives – leave incomplete at least one Primary (P) if you want further to hunt hidden objects, places, or wartime documents; there's simply no indication in-game when a mission is a wrap and you're to (a) exfil, or (b) rendezvous at your leisure; it's really a mix and varies from mission to mission; leaving one P undone puts you in control
  4. Challenges – Every area of operation has three deadeye challenges called Stone Eagles (I don't remember this at all from the North African campaign but I could be wrong); they do a devilishly good job at hiding these buggers so while not hard to hit per se as they are stationary, they can be taxing to find; it's pretty fun though to scan horizons or mountainous depressions with your binoculars; there are still a few I never could discover and I'd spend an extra hour in-mission sometimes looking for my last eagle
  5. Objectives/Challenges – Some are time-sensitive but are untelling of as much until it's too late, annoyingly; if you happen upon anything to do that's 'underway' or in motion like a propaganda operation or heist/convoy, stop what you're doing and prioritise accordingly
  6. Miscellanea – most stages have obscured shortcuts or detours that are money – think poor man's Bloodborne; I recommend playing on Elite difficulty or higher and only playing Marksman (Normal) for the first mission to feel everything out – the AI are demonstrably smarter as such and not superficially so where in other games greater difficulty means simply DMG output decreased, received increased; they do a great job here and there will be no endless enemy waves or cheap-shots the kind; war gadgets and suppressed ammunitions will always be in limited supply – fight wisely and defuse various explosives to reacquire at every chance
  7. Shooting Range – use it, especially if after a hiatus from the series; it's the best way to familiarise yourself with hitboxes for all vital organs and as for specs augmentation of your babies, you'll likely need know each; you can test-drive all weapons here, even DLC goodies when you haven't the DLCs, which was cool of them, I thought; use the range to test and perfect your loadout(s) while saving actual missions for your own immersion and enjoyment (Just a suggestion here)
  8. Weapons – Don't let the spec Stability preoccupy you too much and impact weapon of choice like it did me – it's just something high or low that you'll learn to intuit so screw it; take windage very seriously at any shot over 200m and on that note, the spec Muzzle Velocity, conversely, is something you should factor into your build
Enjoy, guys, and sorry for length.

cc: @90 50, @jojoRed, @Zer

View attachment 506437

Good stuff bro. I'm prob starting this game next once I've finished my current shit

Good stuff bro. I'm prob starting this game next once I've finished my current shit
They just announced Trails of Cold Steel 3 for this fall.

Saw some dudes in multiplayer using Assist and thought it was heretical – why play this at all? Know your rifle or know the door.

DisgustingHHH

This gave me a chuckle.

I wish we could get a handhelds thats able to play these types of games, man the future is gonna be awesome. Give folk like us much more game time when not at home.

Is it weird the only game I am looking forward to is that Jump Force game that has a bunch of anime characters dragged into the real world to fight and shit that comes out in like February?

Since I beat RDR2 and got all the way through the epilogue I just am not interested in playing very much.

Currently bouncing between Red Dead 2, AC Odyssey DLC and Celeste.

Finished Life is Strange Before the Storm. While an interesting prologue filling in the events leading up the first LIS, it was very week compared to it.

After playing the first episode of LIS 2, that game seems to have promise.

Probably going to start TWD Final Season Episode 3 tonight.

Still playing through Halo 5, Ryse and that new GWG game WRC6.

Pretty arcadey Rally racer. No where near Dirt Rally level which seems to want to compete with. Dirt Rally is amazing but very tough on a gamepad with its very precise sim controls and dynamic physics. I am pretty bad at Rally sims, but I was whooping in WRC6. It's still fun, but it's pretty easy to control the cars, even with all assists off and in cockpit view.

I've gone back to Fez.

I was initially not really overwhelmed by it, its a good game, but i can see the % on the screen and mine does not say 100%...so its something i need to play

Sniper Elite 4 is one of the few games in recent memory I've had an inkling to Platinum. This morning I was stoked to have been trophied with my last unearned Silver – so I do some investigating and as it stands, I'm only some 4 achievements shy of a Platinum; I currently hold 1-2 Golds and these remaining are just that. Problem is the 4 are absolute ball-busters and will eat well into any fun factor I've had up to this point.

tenor.gif

I might have to circle back after Wolfenstein II because I would be elated to pull it off but am absolutely spent ATM and need a change-up.

Sniper Elite 4 is one of the few games in recent memory I've had an inkling to Platinum. This morning I was stoked to have been trophied with my last unearned Silver – so I do some investigating and as it stands, I'm only some 4 achievements shy of a Platinum; I currently hold 1-2 Golds and these remaining are just that. Problem is the 4 are absolute ball-busters and will eat well into any fun factor I've had up to this point.

tenor.gif

I might have to circle back after Wolfenstein II because I would be elated to pull it off but am absolutely spent ATM and need a change-up.

I really hate mopping up on the last few trophies of a game I really liked/loved, because it just degrades the experience a tad. I just think its a fault of the people making the lists, trying to pad the game length to make the game seem longer, but its weak shit to me.

Its like with GOW, or Spiderman platinum trophies that were the most recent platinum trophies that Id gotten, just some dumb tedious stuff left which add nothing to the game or the fun, but theyre in the trophies list just because its there to make it seem like an achievement. Theyre not though, and we suckers still go for it, because we like that tiny shitty, meaningless trophy.

I dont go for plats anymore unless I like the game, and its not too tedious. But sometimes, those that seem not too tedious, are so damn tedious.

Sorry for my rambling rant.

I've gone back to Fez.

I was initially not really overwhelmed by it, its a good game, but i can see the % on the screen and mine does not say 100%...so its something i need to play

I remember that game being amazing for the first few hours or so. Then you just get lost and bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back