What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about picking up Wolfenstein II and/or Dishonored 2 from the PS store sale going on until 19.1 – any thoughts from dawgs who've played either? Both are currently in the 20-30€ range and have piqued my interest upon first glance. I'm also curious to know how many hours in general one's start-to-finish experience was.

I know this doesnt answer your question but give resident evil 2 remake demo a shot, its a 30 minute demo, and goddamn am I so excited for this game.

I cant wait till the 25th, Capcom has been smashing it out the park recently with the resident evil series.

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - kawaii anime girls having watergun fights and getting their bikinis blasted off

b86f452fb6f84984ac53071352b4957c.jpg

Kind of a new low in my life but it's actually pretty fun. I just wanted to support XSeed and all the badass localizations they're putting out on Steam

On that note I'm also playing Ys: Memories of Celceta

I know this doesnt answer your question but give resident evil 2 remake demo a shot, its a 30 minute demo, and goddamn am I so excited for this game.

I cant wait till the 25th, Capcom has been smashing it out the park recently with the resident evil series.
Cheers, Jo. Will do tonight. I've been demo'ing Dishonored 2 since having posted and cool bits aside, not sure I'm feeling it. There are so many good games coming out soon that I feel a bit froggy and ready to jump.

Thinking about picking up Wolfenstein II and/or Dishonored 2 from the PS store sale going on until 19.1 – any thoughts from dawgs who've played either? Both are currently in the 20-30€ range and have piqued my interest upon first glance. I'm also curious to know how many hours in general one's start-to-finish experience was.
Love the dishonored games. You can really tailor your playing style to not killing a single enemy to killing them all, and the way the game unfolds is based on those decisions. It's industrial revolution mixed with mysticism, the artwork in the game is great, like a combination of a modernist and art deco painting.

Playing through Halo 5 atm. Pretty good game. Really just starting to get into it. Anyone got this we can do a Legendary play through if you want?

Playing through Halo 5 atm. Pretty good game. Really just starting to get into it. Anyone got this we can do a Legendary play through if you want?

Pretty sure I have it and never played it.

I guess I forgot to ask... did you play the first Dishonored?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Picked it up for $9 at Best Buy. I guess this game didn't sell very well.

Anyways, it's pretty damn good, although it's a little too familiar and not exactly a big step up from HR, which is a bit disappointing. I was expecting a lot more interactivity with the NPC's and getting tons more side missions, and a bit more freedom in how missions can be tackled. Most of the NPC's you come across are just set dressing, and barely react to anything you do, which breaks the immersion quite often. For instance, I knocked this guy out and dragged him through the city in front of everyone. Not one reaction. They just went about their business.

The gameplay still boils down to guns blazing, or find the vents. Still works well, but I was hoping for some more "Hitman"-esque tools to get the job done, like camo that can disguise you as a guard, or something, and more options to talk your way into a base. It's a little annoying that when you see a restricted zone, you got two options. Ghost it, or kill everything, with ghosting being the most preferable, since going all Rambo is pretty tough and you can feel the game fighting against that choice.

Story is tight though, and keeps you going. I like the new dialogue system in certain key situations, where you can actually talk your way through it. Even if the system tells you exactly what you have to say through an aug, it's still pretty fun to debate some of the main players in the game, and reason with them. The few side missions I have played, have been pretty good too. Graphics are nice enough, but again, not a huge step up. The cities look great, when you stop to appreciate the sights. Lots of detail, but it's something you don't really notice when playing. One of those games that looks great from a distance, but a little plain when close up. Rooms are pretty basic for instance, with not much detail. Every citizen has the exact same computer, the exact same wall safes, the same TV's, etc, etc. Character models are a little weak too. Like high quality last gen character models.

All in all though, it's more Deus Ex. A little too familiar, and not a great looker overall, but solid nonetheless.

8/10

I guess I forgot to ask... did you play the first Dishonored?
First one for me. I've now done the first two missions and the name-dropping is real, lol. They mention cities or capitals and I'm like say wha' from where? I dig holding chokes and the balance-throwing blocking mechanic, as well as other little things but I'm also burnt out on mission-structured games ATM; I feel I've done too many of the kind lately. I liked your explaining the 'setting' or world internal because I was getting a steampunk vibe but couldn't put my finger on it. The art direction is definitely cool. How different is the story or attacks available between choosing Emily or Corvo? The moment I chose Emily, Corvo got petrified. Sorry, big bopper – peace! ha

Wolfenstein II gels really well with my coming off Sniper Elite's WWII Nazi narrative so I'm going to demo that in addition to the Resident Evil 2 remake for Jo and make some decisions.

First one for me. I've now done the first two missions and the name-dropping is real, lol. They mention cities or capitals and I'm like say wha' from where? I dig holding chokes and the balance-throwing blocking mechanic, as well as other little things but I'm also burnt out on mission-structured games ATM; I feel I've done too many of the kind lately. I liked your explaining the 'setting' or world internal because I was getting a steampunk vibe but couldn't put my finger on it. The art direction is definitely cool. How different is the story or attacks available between choosing Emily or Corvo? The moment I chose Emily, Corvo got petrified. Sorry, big bopper – peace! ha

Wolfenstein II gels really well with my coming off Sniper Elite's WWII Nazi narrative so I'm going to demo that in addition to the Resident Evil 2 remake for Jo and make some decisions.
I played the second one first as well, but I probably would have been better off playing them in order since the story is a continuation. I would have understood the second one more while playing it.

Anyways, it's pretty damn good, although it's a little too familiar and not exactly a big step up from HR, which is a bit disappointing. I was expecting a lot more interactivity with the NPC's and getting tons more side missions, and a bit more freedom in how missions can be tackled. Most of the NPC's you come across are just set dressing, and barely react to anything you do, which breaks the immersion quite often. For instance, I knocked this guy out and dragged him through the city in front of everyone. Not one reaction. They just went about their business.

The gameplay still boils down to guns blazing, or find the vents. Still works well, but I was hoping for some more "Hitman"-esque tools to get the job done, like camo that can disguise you as a guard, or something, and more options to talk your way into a base. It's a little annoying that when you see a restricted zone, you got two options. Ghost it, or kill everything, with ghosting being the most preferable, since going all Rambo is pretty tough and you can feel the game fighting against that choice.

Story is tight though, and keeps you going. I like the new dialogue system in certain key situations, where you can actually talk your way through it. Even if the system tells you exactly what you have to say through an aug, it's still pretty fun to debate some of the main players in the game, and reason with them. The few side missions I have played, have been pretty good too. Graphics are nice enough, but again, not a huge step up. The cities look great, when you stop to appreciate the sights. Lots of detail, but it's something you don't really notice when playing. One of those games that looks great from a distance, but a little plain when close up. Rooms are pretty basic for instance, with not much detail. Every citizen has the exact same computer, the exact same wall safes, the same TV's, etc, etc. Character models are a little weak too. Like high quality last gen character models.

All in all though, it's more Deus Ex. A little too familiar, and not a great looker overall, but solid nonetheless.

8/10

I never do guns blazing in Deus Ex games, I stealth and talk my way through, the games are way fun like that.

I loved MD even though the story was clearly a part 1 of 2, as it ends of a cliffhanger for the second part and felt like the game ramped up then stopped.

I also like the amount of detail. Id rather have small hub worlds with enough detail, consistent world building, nice easter eggs, etc. 1 of my favourites this gen, and the game is gorgeous to me. Maybe not on UC4 or RDR2 level, but definitely in the upper echelon, the stiffness of characters is always funny.

Id recommend it to anyone who hasnt played it, it was free on PS Plus a couple months back. Im glad I bought it day 1 but goddamn square enix on wanting every goddamn game to sell 15 million.

8/10

Make sure to do this..

Express elevator to hell.

Make sure to do this..

Express elevator to hell.

Cool stuff. I haven't even invested in the "Typhoon" perk yet. I'm doing a no kill run. Although I found something just as effective. That OP'd shock projectile is just plain silly. Heat seeking up to four targets, and able to freeze those mech suit guys for a quick take down. It's my panic button. It's hard to resist the temptation to combine it with the stealth camo, and just walk through the game. I try to take my time in each area with the tranquilizer gun, but when shit gets hairy....

th

Jo, I can't find the Demo for RE 2, sadly. What in-store search should I be running? The European platform pushes RE Biohazard on me and then Preorder options for your remake as well as a Deluxe option; says it drops 25.01, iirc. I'm down to hit this but would like a test-drive first; seems it's all locked up.

I've decided on picking up Wolfenstein II no matter what but would like to walk away with 1-2 more titles before the sale ends. The Surge is some 10€, lol.

@jojoRed

Jo, I can't find the Demo for RE 2, sadly. What in-store search should I be running? The European platform pushes RE Biohazard on me and then Preorder options for your remake as well as a Deluxe option; says it drops 25.01, iirc. I'm down to hit this but would like a test-drive first; seems it's all locked up.

I've decided on picking up Wolfenstein II no matter what but would like to walk away with 1-2 more titles before the sale ends. The Surge is some 10€, lol.

@jojoRed

Weird, if you go to the games section on the Psn store and then demos, it shuld be there. I dont have an xbox, but im sure it should be there. Its called the one shot demo.

Its so damn good, I hope you play it today.

Weird, if you go to the games section on the Psn store and then demos, it shuld be there. I dont have an xbox, but im sure it should be there. Its called the one shot demo.

Its so damn good, I hope you play it today.
Found and downloading now. Cheers, mate. I'm excited. Weird but if searched via an RE query – nothing; like you said, via '1-Shot Demo' however and boom, it's centre-screen. It reads I have 30 mins until I get the boot so I'll make sure to begin when I can kill the lights and have undisturbed play. I'll hit you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back