What are the odds that Jiri decides to go grapple heavy against Pereira?

What are the odds Jiri tries to grapple fk Pereira?

• 100%

• 75%

• 50%

• 25%

• 5%

• You're nuts; never

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Jiri just always flows to wherever the fight takes him. I presume he will want to stand and trade until he takes a shot that really affects him, I don't see him just going in and spamming TD attempts or even really having intention to go there. Perhaps if he saw an opportunity that was advantageous, I suppose, but Jiri is a true fighter, he's there to do damage, kill or be killed.

Jiri is worser on the ground by far. Got mounted like 5-6 times against Glover who is now Pereiras coach.

Glover is a world class MMA adapted grappler, one of the best of his generation at light heavyweight.

I cannot believe I'm actually typing this out.

I think he will probably mix it up, he will do more striking but if there is a good opportunity to take him down he will

I think there's actually some chance of this happening....

Jiri has been out for a long time... he won his last fight by submitting Glover and being grapple fked by Glover for like 3 rounds.

So... we have someone who is out for more than a year. Won his last fight by submission, while also getting worked by Glover on the ground until he turned it around...

Dude could legit either fall in love with grappling because he subbed a great BBJ guy, or decide that his grappling was too weak because Glover took him down and controlled him a lot, so he trains the breaks off it.

While... also in terms of game planning, we have Pereira, who's greatest weakness (although improved a lot) is still grappling. If you are game planning for Pereira, you'd think you'd focus on takedowns.

What do you think are the odds that we see Samurai Jiri turn into NCAA-All American Jiri?

50% chance as Jiri is a mixed martial artist and isnt afraid to mix it up ...he is willing do what works given the opportunity

Vs

Alex which will undoubtedly be keeping it standing..

Jiri went life and death with a 50 year old Glover. Grappling is his only hope.

Question is, how good is his take downs? Glover felt safe on the ground (and also was safe for the most of the fight) and got taken down, I think Alex will stop the TD and KO him standing.

Jiri is a huge LHW, his size alone will pose problems.

Jiri bout to get his face split with a right shin to it. When he reaches for that low kick again

Back