• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are some examples of when the UFC champion was clearly not the best in the division?

Merab gets hit way too much. He’s tough af but eventually that’s not going to be enough. I think O’Malley times him though I’m definitely not putting my money where my mouth is. He could pull a Colby so f that. I could see Cory out mmaing Sean too. No shame in losing to either though. Bantam is stacked with talent so
Umar beats everyone

Tito Ortiz ( Chuck )
Forrest Griffin ( several fighters )
Vitor ( eye injury win over couture)
Bisping ( Romero / Whittaker)

Wishing for a different result 7 years later won't make it so. Dillashaw never won more than 4 fights in a row.

You still haven't named any names I see.
Sorry I meant to rewrite that, didn't realise I posted it.

Officially Cruz beat TJ by SD. But you can't watch that fight and think Cruz was better. He took the most hits, the hardest hits and was controlled vastly more.

So TJ.

Barao was out there defending interim champ status, in much more dominant fashion against BWs not homeless FlWs

So Barao.

I would have also favoured the top 20 to beat him while he was injured for 2.5 years yet still officially champ.

His biggest issue he was was out injured for 75% of his reign. 10 months of good activity (3 fights) followed by 30 months as a broken champion.

Yep.
In terms of accomplishments Leon Edwards is ahead, but I believe Shavkat can smash him and is the better fighter. Hopefully he gets his TS soon

Holly Holm is probably another one, who became champ and lost 3 in a row after
Even worse than Holly is the one that beat her, Misah Tate. Tate got lucky and pulled that win out of her ass, only to go on and get brutalized in her very next fight. Lol

Even worse than Holly is the one that beat her, Misah Tate. Tate got lucky and pulled that win out of her ass, only to go on and get brutalized in her very next fight. Lol
Yeah, no way is she the best when Amanda Nunes is around lol

Back