What are Nate's chances of submitting Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheReigningDefending, Feb 25, 2016.

1. TheReigningDefending

TheReigningDefending White Belt

As we all know Conor's only losses have come by submission whilst Nate is known for a strong submission game. Both have great chins so a submission on Nate Diaz' part comes to mind as a possible outcome.

Will Nate actively pursuit a submission? Will they just stand and bang? Can Conor survive an ground battle?

It is quite impossible to know since a lot of factors play a role here (new super sized mcgregor, the stage Diaz' cardio is in, etc). But oh well fire away Conor boys vs Diaz fans

Fight To Win likes this.
  2. Fight To Win

Fight To Win Red Belt

I would say statistically that it's his best shot at winning

3. BigPapaShango

BigPapaShango Green Belt

If it goes to the ground there is a strong chance, I have only ever seen McGregor in Holloways guard, Nate's is a different story.

The Hound and Zarra like this.
  4. Jimmy jump

Jimmy jump Brown Belt

It would be fair to say that Diaz has a better ground game than Conor so if the battle went to ground for an extended period he would definitely have a chance of subbing him.

The biggest question is whether Diaz would actively pursue a grappling based strategy. I can see him having good success in the stand up as his boxing is good and Conor isn't hard to hit.

5. sidecheckkick

sidecheckkick Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

There's a huge discrepancy in skill when it comes to the mat.

6. HDKIKR

HDKIKR Purple Belt

I will let Nate answer this one himself...Nate?

'It's whatever'

7. Croo67

Croo67 Purple Belt

He didn't seem to want to talk about it in the press conference, so I imagine he's seeing it as his main chance.

McGregor too didn't want to talk about it, as he awkwardly howled in laughter at Nate's next answer to avoid the conversation going back to ground games.

8. TheReigningDefending

This comment entails Nate's stubbornness perfectly, which is his strength but in this fight could be a weakness as well. Would just seem a shame if he wouldnt attempt to grapple much.

Zarra and HDKIKR like this.
  9. pride_rules

pride_rules Green Belt

do you have a gameplan nate? yeah, fight..

10. jumasterflex

jumasterflex Purple Belt

Well Nate has tapped out 3 black belts In the ufc so I'd day IF it hits the ground Nate has a pretty good chance of tapping him out

Zola and The Hound like this.
  11. Arne Rud

Arne Rud Brown Belt

Keep distance and pittypatt box him

12. HDKIKR

HDKIKR Purple Belt

Seriously though I would say that Nate's chances would be good at submitting Conor, however he will not be able to get Conor down and keep him down for long enough to do so.

Conor's movement is too good and his ability to stuff or immediately pop up from takedowns is very good. Nate is no wrestler. Also I believe that Nate will want to keep it standing and prove that he is not afraid to get into a fist fight with McG and that his left hand 'ain't shit'.

Unfortunately for the Diaz Bros' records they do not always do what is in their best interest in and out of the ring.

Fortunately for we fight fans the Diaz Bros' do not always do what is in their best interest in and out of the ring.

They are damn sure entertaining!

13. Xplosive-Viking

Xplosive-Viking Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

conor isnt hard to hit? Lol thats stupid. he only gets hit when HE engages and open himself up to it, but while doing that he ALSO connects.. Conor hits way harder than nate, so that wouldnt count for shit.

its conors strategy that makes him open to getting hit, not his defence. Everybody who goes forward like conor does will get hit, everyone.

14. Naos

Naos Green Belt

I'd imagine Nates chances at submitting Conor are much higher than Conor submitting him or him KOing McGregor.

Probably the only point in the fight I'll be a bit worried if I'm honest, if it goes to the ground.

15. steliokontos

steliokontos Nunchaku Suspenders

He has good Sambo/Judo throws too, I have a feeling Conor wont know how to defend them.

16. Team Sleep

Team Sleep Black Belt

If it hits the ground, he's going to be doing some spinning shit. Spinning around and taking Conor's back... Spinning a limb off his body... Spinning this opportunity into a pot of gold.

17. Jimmy jump

Jimmy jump Brown Belt

So you agree he isn't hard to hit then...... OK thanks.

18. steliokontos

You think Conors strategy involves letting his opponent hit him in the face? Sure he wants him to engage so he can slip and counter but the reason he gets hit is because his defense is shit, not because its part of his game plan.

If you think Conor is letting his opponents tee off on him, youre wrong. If you want to see the strategy done properly watch some early Tyson or Anderson Silva.

19. TheReigningDefending

off topic but you sir have the world's best avatar.. ever

20. steliokontos

Thanks man! For some reason on my phone avatars arent showing up, but I am sure yours is as lovely as the day is long.