What’s Rizin’s next move??

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both members of their androgynous super couple got embarrassed and destroyed. Meanwhile, Rena didn’t fight. Only highlight of the night was Horiguchi, but he’s not gonna bring the ratings they need.

Optimal situation is that RENA enters this K-1 50kg Grand Prix in exchange for a one off Takeru fight.

Optimal situation is that RENA enters this K-1 50kg Grand Prix in exchange for a one off Takeru fight.
Who would they have Takeru fight? Tenshin? Is that fight still valuable/marketable after yesterday?

Sign retired disgraced sumo Haramafuji and put him in with Sapp or Baruto.

Start promoting Nasukawa verses Inoue in boxing.

Who would they have Takeru fight? Tenshin? Is that fight still valuable/marketable after yesterday?

Really I have no idea how much this hurt's Tenshin/Rizin's credibility/marketability, but Takeru was the A-side before yesterday anyway.

Don't go bankrupt from that Mayweather debacle.

I actually had thought about Tenshin vs Inoue, as Inoue is closer in size to Tenshin (actually, Inoue is smaller. It’s risky though, as Inoue could be the catalyst for boxing to get big in Japan, and if he loses to Tenshin, it sets Japanese boxing back.

LW grand prix they said. Whos everyone confirmed for tournament?

Unfortunately, likely to be filled with the same cast of lightweights as every other Rizin show. Cruikshank, Yachi, maybe find some unknowns.

Chapter 7

<{you!}>

Well, we'll find out how their ratings went soon enough. If they did well, they'll keep the TV deal for the time being. Problem is, if the problems I mentioned in the OP hurt them with their primary focus (home market audience), the ratings will just dip again.For the sake of the sport and the fighters, I hope that doesn't happen. I know I bag on Rizin constantly, but I'd like to see them do better, and act more legitimately.

Both members of their androgynous super couple got embarrassed and destroyed. Meanwhile, Rena didn’t fight. Only highlight of the night was Horiguchi, but he’s not gonna bring the ratings they need.
Only highlight was goochi?

Nah. Motoya cracked Scoggins with two right hands and turned Scoggins into a panic wrestler, only for Motoya to clown him worse on the ground.

Motoya should be getting promoted like a superstar.

Motoya beat a guy who can't buy a win lately. Also, he has no it factor.He's been fighting for 8 years, and has a ton of fights. if he was going to explode, he'd have done so by now.

Unfortunately, likely to be filled with the same cast of lightweights as every other Rizin show. Cruikshank, Yachi, maybe find some unknowns.

<{you!}>

Well, we'll find out how their ratings went soon enough. If they did well, they'll keep the TV deal for the time being. Problem is, if the problems I mentioned in the OP hurt them with their primary focus (home market audience), the ratings will just dip again.For the sake of the sport and the fighters, I hope that doesn't happen. I know I bag on Rizin constantly, but I'd like to see them do better, and act more legitimately.

sakikabara on the fight and what's next

Gabi Garcia vs Floyd /w pro wrestling grandmas in his corner

I don't know what's next. 6 events are planned for 2019.

- April 21 - Yokohama
- end of July - Saitama
- mid August - Nagoya, Fukuoka or Osaka
- end of September in Saitama or mid october in Yokohama
- Dec 29 - Saitama
- Dec 31 - Saitama

Are there any young, popular sumo guys that would be good to make the switch to MMA?

Back