What’s Rizin’s next move??

Are there any young, popular sumo guys that would be good to make the switch to MMA?
no sumo practitioner will be good in MMA, it's not a good base for this sport
Gabi Vs Grandma

Rena vs Hamasaki
RENA isn't doing very well now, RIZIN needs to build her up again by giving her a few warm ups next, they should bring some foreigners to face Hamasaki, maybe Invicta champ Frey for a rematch

Sign retired disgraced sumo Haramafuji and put him in with Sapp or Baruto.

Start promoting Nasukawa verses Inoue in boxing.
Harumafuji was my favorite sumo wrestler back when I actually followed the sport for a minute, I'd totally watch him and Baruto throw hands for shits and giggles.

I actually had thought about Tenshin vs Inoue, as Inoue is closer in size to Tenshin (actually, Inoue is smaller. It’s risky though, as Inoue could be the catalyst for boxing to get big in Japan, and if he loses to Tenshin, it sets Japanese boxing back.

Perhaps.

Also, I'll squash my own idea by saying it is probably too soon to do it after the demolishing by Floyd. Tenshin is at an amateur level and needs more experience. Plus there's the issue with the boxing association with Nasukawa not being able to do kick boxing in Japan if he professionally boxes in the Land of the Rising Sun. If Nasukawa does it anywhere else he is allowed to do both.

Are there any young, popular sumo guys that would be good to make the switch to MMA?

I don't know.

I just remember that one in particular and would think there is some notoriety to capitalize on. There was the popular Mongoloian sumo about 10 years ago, Asashoryu (another yokozuna) who was kicked out of sumo for a similar reason, punching someone out in a drunken brawl that would have been a huge boost to JMMA; he was even forming an MMA camp and everything. He's 38 now and it never materialized.

Harumafuji was my favorite sumo wrestler back when I actually followed the sport for a minute, I'd totally watch him and Baruto throw hands for shits and giggles.
Harumafuji is a bad ass mofo.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to stop posting in the Heavies. Jesus Christ.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to stop posting in the Heavies. Jesus Christ.
It's so easy to get sucked into the toxicity there. My posts there are markedly different than my posts in the worldwide.

It's so easy to get sucked into the toxicity there. My posts there are markedly different than my posts in the worldwide.

I lose brain cells posting and replying there.

Motoya beat a guy who can't buy a win lately. Also, he has no it factor.He's been fighting for 8 years, and has a ton of fights. if he was going to explode, he'd have done so by now.

At one point I legit thought he was gonna be the next japanese big thing

Guy is skilled though

Could they get Fedor later on in the year ?

Well leading up to this it was said by Sak that more or less they need to get the ratings up to keep on going.

So I guess we'll see how this event did. They didn't bring in Mayweather or even Caldwell to a much lesser degree because they thought what they had would do good enough in the ratings. We'll see how it plays out but I'm not holding my breath. If all is good it seems like they are locking in the LW Grand Prix.

Well leading up to this it was said by Sak that more or less they need to get the ratings up to keep on going.

So I guess we'll see how this event did. They didn't bring in Mayweather or even Caldwell to a much lesser degree because they thought what they had would do good enough in the ratings. We'll see how it plays out but I'm not holding my breath. If all is good it seems like they are locking in the LW Grand Prix.

I am hearing rumors on this forum the ratings were bad but attendance was good. I hope their PPV buys were good.

Holly Gucci vs mighty mouse Johnson is the fight they need

Inoue would sleep Tenshin. this is the reality 10 yrs from now, too.

throw money at Vitor. cont. dredging random gyms -- weightlifting, MMA -- in order to find an opponent for Gabi.

i think i've seen enough of erson. i know he's part of a packaged deal, but he can't compete against this level of comp. it's killing his career/bad matchmaking.

Floyd vs that internet guy that boxed recently

Things I'd do:

1. Collaborate with K1. Make Takeru/Tenshin ASAP.
2. Give Rena her own division. Crush some cans before running Rena/Miyuu II.
3. Run Kyoji vs Takeru in kickboxing before Takeru/Tenshin. Kyoji to lose again.
4. Build Kana Asakura up again but do not promote around her. Limit her and Hamasaki to co-mains.
5. Novelty fights - tag team, 3 v 3 MMA, kickboxing and grappling
6. Celebs if affordable
7. Promote Erson better

Back