Were you an A Grade Student?

Pretty much this for me as well. Although, I don't think I've ever gotten anything but an 'A' in a math course. I chuckle when people tell me that being a good math student somehow translates to aptitude in the Sciences; every science course but Physics might as well have be a literature course for me.

giphy.gif

I'm interested to see how grad school goes for me.

I suspect it's the structure of learning. Early in your educational career it's very important to be submissive and to follow instructions and later it becomes a lot less important. By late undergrad it was more important to be a hard worker who can grasp and solve abstract problems which was absolutely irrelevant, unless you didn't do your work/study, until mid-way through college for me.
If you know how to buckle down, you’ll be fine.

Pretty much this for me as well. Although, I don't think I've ever gotten anything but an 'A' in a math course. I chuckle when people tell me that being a good math student somehow translates to aptitude in the Sciences; every science course but Physics might as well have be a literature course for me.

giphy.gif

I'm interested to see how grad school goes for me.

I suspect it's the structure of learning. Early in your educational career it's very important to be submissive and to follow instructions and later it becomes a lot less important. By late undergrad it was more important to be a hard worker who can grasp and solve abstract problems which was absolutely irrelevant, unless you didn't do your work/study, until mid-way through college for me.
Jelly of you young bucks getting your money's worth out of your schooling. I was trying to be a pro athlete , or at least a navy pilot...and my 3.4 University GPA reflects my efforts there. Plan C didn't work out either and I'm on fookin Plan Z now...lol.

Point being, learn all you can and don't burn any bridges, cuz you never know where the hell you might end up! :)

Yea, I barely used math in most of my science classes.

I mean, it suggests you have good analytical and problem solving skills, but still.

Mostly A's in university, a few B's and C's.
High school I was mostly C's because I didn't give a shit until my final year and kept getting expelled.

Not until college, after 1st semester freshman year.

A’s in high school
A’s, B’s, and a few C’s in undergrad

A tale of two students.

Graduated 2nd in my class in high school. Went to college and flunked out. It’s funny what introducing alcohol into the mix results in, lol.

Jelly of you young bucks getting your money's worth out of your schooling. I was trying to be a pro athlete , or at least a navy pilot...and my 3.4 University GPA reflects my efforts there. Plan C didn't work out either and I'm on fookin Plan Z now...lol.

Point being, learn all you can and don't burn any bridges, cuz you never know where the hell you might end up! :)
I feel like a poser to be honest. I'm surrounded by people with graduate degrees and physic's pHd's and I'm treated like I'm coming off the same type of educational success they had when that's pretty far from the truth.

From puberty to 25 all I cared about was kickboxing, bjj, and partying; and occasionally striking out with the the ladies.:oops:

I've never scored below the 99th percentile on any test i've ever taken
including Stanford Binet IQ twice (that's how they tested for GATE/Seminar in elementary when i was younger, before developing their own test)
CTBS every year in elementary school
PSAT
SAT
SAT II
5 on all AP tests (no other way to differentiate at that pt)
GRE
GMAT
ASVAB

Barely passed HS. Matured and waited to go to college, went in and got straight As.

I've never scored below the 99th percentile on any test i've ever taken
including Stanford Binet IQ twice (that's how they tested for GATE/Seminar in elementary when i was younger, before developing their own test)
CTBS every year in elementary school
PSAT
SAT
SAT II
5 on all AP tests (no other way to differentiate at that pt)
GRE
GMAT
ASVAB

Yea, well I was employee of the month at walmart twice.

Just kidding. They wouldn't hire me.<2>

That's actually Engineering. Almost everything in Engineering reduces down to a set of differential equations, one of my friends noted that he was basically doing 6 different courses a year on applied calculus. Whether it's a Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Electromagnetics, or Kinematics course, you're just putting your Calculus skills to work and solving a bunch of differential equations.

I was below average in middle school and above average in highschool except for in math and science. In college I had a piss poor GPA and it took me way longer than it should have for me to graduate. I didn't really give a shit.

Freshman and sophomore year b-c’s

Junior-senior straight a’s

‘Twas court persuaded to be above c average so I could get emancipated from foster homes.

I dove in and for the first time in my life had confidence.was a good feeling, won student of the month :)

I had to drop out end of senior year so I could work two jobs.

That really sucked :(

Back