Werdum has submitted the two greatest HWs of all time

Who are the two greatest heavyweights he submitted? all I can think of is Fedor?

I wonder who the Russian mafia had money on in the fedor- werdum fight? I bet the odds were juicey.

Fair enough. I guess he would have to hold on to the belt. But i don't think he could beat JDS.

Frankly I don't think its very likely he will beat Cain. Anything is possible in a fight but Cain is not Travis Browne.

No, and I'm guessing you didn't even watch their most recent fight.

It was a boring fight. Werdum was looking very good on the feet the first round and probably out-struck Overeem. I only saw the fight live, and haven't re-watched it. The rest of the fight consisted of Overeem gassing and Werdum trying for takedowns or flopping on the ground and begging Overeem to enter his guard.

I think werdum has improved his striking by leaps and bounds since that fight. I would argue he could have easily won that fight had he not been so determined to avoid the stand-up. He was winning the stand-up.

To say Overeem would win 9/10 is foolish. You are a fool. Also, fools spell things like "outa"

If Werdum simply shot in after throwing combos instead of falling on his back to guard, he would've won the scorecard. I'm an Overeem fan and it still drive me crazy to believe he didn't do that and instead chose to fall back. He was winning the exchanges. Overeem covers up on the initial combo, waiting for a chance to counterstrike but the drop to guard always negated it. By doing a takedown attempt, it would've been seen as Werdum winning the exchanges and also racking up so offensive wrestling as well. Edgar did this to Penn in their first fight.

Because he was old or because he isnt #2 HW of all time?[/QUOTE

First of all he's not even that old just been around for a long time and 2nd I don't consider him the 2nd greatest heavyweight of all time. Maybe you do and that's great but to me he just isn't number 2

Beat after their primes. No where near GOAT. And he has no chance against Cain.

Genuinely one of the worst posts ever.

Really why is that?

Fedor's laurels don't let you sleep at night? Hard to dream of Aldo and Anderson when they never were or would be the GOAT...

Fedor 16 wins by submission. Werdum 9 wins by submission. When Fedor and Nog were in their prime, Werdum lost to Nog and was far too below par to fight the REAL GOAT.

So genuinely...are you stupid or are you stupid?

Speaking of which, you can't "submit" anyone, but they can submit to you.

When are we going to figure this one out.

Yeah, lets just always say "X made Y submit to him" instead of "X submitted Y".

Makes perfect sense.

The win over cain would mean way more, only because cain is in the peak of his career it was very clear fedor and nog were not the same as they once were when he beat both of them.. nog more so then fedor

I think werdum has improved his striking by leaps and bounds since that fight. I would argue he could have easily won that fight had he not been so determined to avoid the stand-up. He was winning the stand-up.

To say Overeem would win 9/10 is foolish. You are a fool. Also, fools spell things like "outa"

This this this.

Sometimes I think people didn't really watch that fight or they were so high on the Reem hype that didn't notice what was really happening.
Werdum was winning most of the exchanges but he was determined to go get the fight to the ground. He could've won that fight rather easily IMO.

On topic, I do think Werdum could be the HW GOAT if he beats Cain. He has an impressive record and its amazing how much he is still improving.

then who is?

Cain, JDS, Overeem etc. have all accomplished more in MMA.
Being there from the start doesn't mean you're the greatest.

Also, who cares about ''greatness''. I only care about who's best.

Back