1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Werdum has submitted the two greatest HWs of all time

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RedDevilFedor, May 14, 2014.

1. Jesse James Chastity Belt

Agree....TS apparently doesn't understand what a GOAT is!!:icon_chee

2. Jesse James Chastity Belt

I think he's stupid!:icon_chee

3. FEDORRULEZ Black Belt

he is not beating cain . stop dreaming

4. ManyJudgesGuess Blue Belt

Werdum is a great hw. If he beats Cain, he has beat 3 OF the greatest hw's ever, not THE 3 goat hw's.

Beating Fedor was amazing. Losing to Overeem in a safe way was smart. Beating Nelson was decisively crucial to his level of UFC fan interest.

When Big Nog lost, he was supposed to lose. Defeating the prospect Browne was a huge victory. If Werdum beats Cain, he needs to defend the belt more than any hw has ever defended it, to be considered the g HW oat.

Personally, I would consider him the goat if he beat Cain, avenged his loss by FINISHING JDS, and then held a highly active, dominant hw reign. Then he'd be goat b.c. let's be honest, MMA was more brutal before, but it's harder now (and still pretty damn brutal).

P.S.- UFC needs openweight and superfights, but they keep peddling TUF for exposure in marketable countries...

5. Space WR GOAT Banned

Yes, it does, because that's grammatically correct, and the current accepted usage in MMA is not.

Besides, "submit" has some odd, homosexual undertones, but that's another discussion.

6. MusterX Titanium Belt

You are stirring a massive hornets nest when you say Werdum > Fedor

7. myjohnson9 GOAT

I think a lot of the people down playing Nog's ranking didn't follow mma back then. He has some great wins and was in some wars which is why he's slowed down today. Man is a legend in this sport tho.

That said I think werdum has a couple good wins before he's brought up in the hw goat talk

8. Gametheory Brown Belt

Yes, beating today's top fighters is way more impressive.
    I could have listed 10 fighters too, and they're better than the fighters the other guy listed.

9. Gametheory Brown Belt

Lesnar would still beat any Nog, and I say that as a Nog fan who never cared about Lesnar.
    And no, not in the last 4-5 years.

What do injuries have to do with being the greatest?

10. MusterX Titanium Belt

I don't either, any more than GSP was afraid to go to the ground with anyone or Fedor was scared to go to the ground with Nog. The greats tend to be that way.

11. Jesse James Chastity Belt

"Closing in for me" ?? Who the hell are you....? Fortunately you have no standing or credibility to decide "who" OR "who is NOT" GOAT...and they're are a least a million Fedor fans who would disagree with you....Werdum a goat because he beat a "burnout Fedor", because he beat Overeem a juiced up LHW (Have U seen his record?)....settle down youngster it's plain to us oldsters that U don't know jackshit!:icon_chee

12. RedDevilFedor Banned Banned

Not how it works. He beat the top fighters at the time, he didn't get a chance to fight todays top fighters in his prime. You aren't making a fair and realistic comparison.

13. MCS Show mercy to those sheep

recently scrolled through his fights, and had forgot how many good fighters he's faced and beat.

His entry to the top tier was when he upset Erikson, and from there he went to beat GG twice (first wasn't as good as the 2nd), Alex, Overeem (not a great win back then), BF and then Fedor, Nog (albeit past his prime, though the sub win gets him props) & Browne.

IDK about GOAT, and he's, sadly, 36, but he's generally seen as worse than his record suggests as far as all-time goes.

14. Karp Black Belt

If he beats Velasquez, I would certainly consider him amongst the best heavyweights of all time, but his frequency of losses doesn't put him very high on the goat list imo.

15. Sirwastealot Silver Belt

If he beats cain, which is very unlikely, i think that puts him in the top 10 of all time. Even if he did beat fedor on the downside, he did beat him. And he has a lot of top wins now.

16. Enigma87 Red Belt

I have a strong feeling he won't be able to submit the 3rd best heavyweight ever in Cain though

17. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

I hope you mean of all weight classes, he's already a top 5 HW all time.

18. MusterX Titanium Belt

GOAT's hold belts, and usually for a long time. There is no way around that when it comes to Werdum. To be the GOAT he needs a belt and he needs to hold it for an extended period.

19. MusterX Titanium Belt

Cain

20. ManiacTroll Brown Belt

[​IMG]