Werdum has submitted the two greatest HWs of all time

Without holding a belt for an extended period of time, no, he is not in the GOAT list IMO. The 3 GOAT's all held belts for long periods of time.

Werdum is a great fighter but not on the GOAT list even with a win over Cain.

Agree....TS apparently doesn't understand what a GOAT is!!:icon_chee

Really why is that?

Fedor's laurels don't let you sleep at night? Hard to dream of Aldo and Anderson when they never were or would be the GOAT...

Fedor 16 wins by submission. Werdum 9 wins by submission. When Fedor and Nog were in their prime, Werdum lost to Nog and was far too below par to fight the REAL GOAT.

So genuinely...are you stupid or are you stupid?

I think he's stupid!:icon_chee

Werdum is a great hw. If he beats Cain, he has beat 3 OF the greatest hw's ever, not THE 3 goat hw's.

Beating Fedor was amazing. Losing to Overeem in a safe way was smart. Beating Nelson was decisively crucial to his level of UFC fan interest.

When Big Nog lost, he was supposed to lose. Defeating the prospect Browne was a huge victory. If Werdum beats Cain, he needs to defend the belt more than any hw has ever defended it, to be considered the g HW oat.

Personally, I would consider him the goat if he beat Cain, avenged his loss by FINISHING JDS, and then held a highly active, dominant hw reign. Then he'd be goat b.c. let's be honest, MMA was more brutal before, but it's harder now (and still pretty damn brutal).

P.S.- UFC needs openweight and superfights, but they keep peddling TUF for exposure in marketable countries...

Yeah, lets just always say "X made Y submit to him" instead of "X submitted Y".

Makes perfect sense.

Yes, it does, because that's grammatically correct, and the current accepted usage in MMA is not.

Besides, "submit" has some odd, homosexual undertones, but that's another discussion.

If Werdum beats Cain he will be the Heavyweight GOAT. Anyone else you could contend for that position (Fedor, Big Nog, Cain) he has beaten.

GOAT of all divisions? No way he could contend with GSP or Anderson without holding onto the belt for a long time.

But if Werdum beats Cain, they will feed him JDS and Overeem again (Big $ fights) and he will prove to you all that he is the HW GOAT.

You are stirring a massive hornets nest when you say Werdum > Fedor

I think a lot of the people down playing Nog's ranking didn't follow mma back then. He has some great wins and was in some wars which is why he's slowed down today. Man is a legend in this sport tho.

That said I think werdum has a couple good wins before he's brought up in the hw goat talk

How so? Beating the best now is more impressive than beating the best then?
Or because you follow MMA now and didn't then its more impressive?
He listed almost ten different fighters, you listed four.

Yes, beating today's top fighters is way more impressive.
I could have listed 10 fighters too, and they're better than the fighters the other guy listed.

lol Cain's resume is so weak you were forced to list Lesnar and Kongo???????

:redface:

Cain is a monster and could possibly be the most skilled hw we've seen but lets not fluff up his resume to be an all-time great resume. Too little fights, too many injuries, and he's fought only 2 different guys in the last what, 4 or 5 years?

Lesnar would still beat any Nog, and I say that as a Nog fan who never cared about Lesnar.
And no, not in the last 4-5 years.

What do injuries have to do with being the greatest?

I dont believe Cain is scared to go to the ground with Werdum

I don't either, any more than GSP was afraid to go to the ground with anyone or Fedor was scared to go to the ground with Nog. The greats tend to be that way.

Lmfao at post prime Fedor. Lmfao st them having a grappling match and Fedor having any chance and even getting an arm bar on the greatest HW grappler likely ever haha.

Back on topic beating Cain would put him around #2 or #3 and beating JDS after would perhaps secure the #1 spot or put him damn close depending on how we won both fights.

Fedors 5th best win is Mark or heath and that's being kind and putting Tim at #4 so honestly in my mind catching fedor isn't gonna be that hard once someone can hold onto the belt and defend it a few times Cain is already closing in for me maybe another 2 or 3 wins.

"Closing in for me" ?? Who the hell are you....? Fortunately you have no standing or credibility to decide "who" OR "who is NOT" GOAT...and they're are a least a million Fedor fans who would disagree with you....Werdum a goat because he beat a "burnout Fedor", because he beat Overeem a juiced up LHW (Have U seen his record?)....settle down youngster it's plain to us oldsters that U don't know jackshit!:icon_chee

Yes, beating today's top fighters is way more impressive.
I could have listed 10 fighters too, and they're better than the fighters the other guy listed.

Not how it works. He beat the top fighters at the time, he didn't get a chance to fight todays top fighters in his prime. You aren't making a fair and realistic comparison.

recently scrolled through his fights, and had forgot how many good fighters he's faced and beat.

His entry to the top tier was when he upset Erikson, and from there he went to beat GG twice (first wasn't as good as the 2nd), Alex, Overeem (not a great win back then), BF and then Fedor, Nog (albeit past his prime, though the sub win gets him props) & Browne.

IDK about GOAT, and he's, sadly, 36, but he's generally seen as worse than his record suggests as far as all-time goes.

If he beats Velasquez, I would certainly consider him amongst the best heavyweights of all time, but his frequency of losses doesn't put him very high on the goat list imo.

If he beats cain, which is very unlikely, i think that puts him in the top 10 of all time. Even if he did beat fedor on the downside, he did beat him. And he has a lot of top wins now.

I have a strong feeling he won't be able to submit the 3rd best heavyweight ever in Cain though

If he beats cain, which is very unlikely, i think that puts him in the top 10 of all time. Even if he did beat fedor on the downside, he did beat him. And he has a lot of top wins now.

I hope you mean of all weight classes, he's already a top 5 HW all time.

This this this.

Sometimes I think people didn't really watch that fight or they were so high on the Reem hype that didn't notice what was really happening.
Werdum was winning most of the exchanges but he was determined to go get the fight to the ground. He could've won that fight rather easily IMO.

On topic, I do think Werdum could be the HW GOAT if he beats Cain. He has an impressive record and its amazing how much he is still improving.

GOAT's hold belts, and usually for a long time. There is no way around that when it comes to Werdum. To be the GOAT he needs a belt and he needs to hold it for an extended period.

Brock and bj?

12_you-funny-kid.gif

Back