Werdum has submitted the two greatest HWs of all time

RedDevilFedor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Werdum is a legend of the sport. And he has secured his spot among the greats.
If he beats Cain, he will be considered one of the GOAT IMO.
What are your thoughts on this?
Does he deserve this? Why or why not?

mma_fabriciowerdum_twitter62.jpg

Without holding a belt for an extended period of time, no, he is not in the GOAT list IMO. The 3 GOAT's all held belts for long periods of time.

Werdum is a great fighter but not on the GOAT list even with a win over Cain.

Without holding a belt for an extended period of time, no, he is not in the GOAT list IMO. The 3 GOAT's all held belts for long periods of time.

Werdum is a great fighter but not on the GOAT list even with a win over Cain.

Fair enough. I guess he would have to hold on to the belt. But i don't think he could beat JDS.

Speaking of which, you can't "submit" anyone, but they can submit to you.

When are we going to figure this one out.

It really did blow me away when he submitted Fedor. Fedor for so long seemed invincible on the ground, nobody could submit him.

When in articles do writers ever say X fighter submitted to Y fighter?
You knew what i meant, don't be a smart ass.

Same thing as you can't "choke " someone out technically. But ppl say it all the time so no big deal.

It really did blow me away when he submitted Fedor. Fedor for so long seemed invincible on the ground, nobody could submit him.

Me too. I didn't see the fight live but when i read here on Sherdog on how Werdum turned the MMA world upside down i was in awe. Werdums BBJ is the best in the business.

werdum has a long ways to go before being the GOAT. a long ways. he needs to beat cain probably twice, avenge his loss to dos santos and then defend the HW title at least two or three times on top of beating cain twice and avenging his loss to dos santos.

i don't see all of that happening. i'm very encouraged with his showing against browne though. if he can keep fighting like that, he has a chance at the belt. GOAT isn't even in sight right now.

He's accelerating his status for sure in the long run with what he has accomplished since Pride. If he beat Cain, his title run would have to play a factor but I think he is well capable of being ranked over Mir and CC in the all-time list.

If Werdum beats Cain he will be the Heavyweight GOAT. Anyone else you could contend for that position (Fedor, Big Nog, Cain) he has beaten.

GOAT of all divisions? No way he could contend with GSP or Anderson without holding onto the belt for a long time.

But if Werdum beats Cain, they will feed him JDS and Overeem again (Big $ fights) and he will prove to you all that he is the HW GOAT.

I've been yelling this for some time now. People laughed when I said that before the Browne fight. Of course they had to. I was saying Browne was going to whoop Werdum's candy ass. And that we'll see another legend fall soon ( another cause Roy Nelson > Big Nog).

Now after that Browne fight I'll be one dumb motherfucker if I don't think he is a legend.

He'd still lose to Overeem 9 times outa 10

No, and I'm guessing you didn't even watch their most recent fight.

It was a boring fight. Werdum was looking very good on the feet the first round and probably out-struck Overeem. I only saw the fight live, and haven't re-watched it. The rest of the fight consisted of Overeem gassing and Werdum trying for takedowns or flopping on the ground and begging Overeem to enter his guard.

I think werdum has improved his striking by leaps and bounds since that fight. I would argue he could have easily won that fight had he not been so determined to avoid the stand-up. He was winning the stand-up.

To say Overeem would win 9/10 is foolish. You are a fool. Also, fools spell things like "outa"

Post prime Fedor got careless looking for the finish. If they had a grappling match I would give advantage to Fedor by being quicker. Armbar boom.

Werdum is top 10 of all time for sure though.

Back