Well, I done don got Covid

pretty nuts that I never got covid in over a year and a half that I didnt have the jab. I used to hang out in crowds hug people and shake hands. I was at the freemont experience without the jab with thousands of people. I basically just used a mask to get into buildings.
You probably had it. Lots of people don't have any symptoms

The wife's smell is back but still off with things not smelling normal. She had it back in February.

She worked in healthcare and was exposed pre vaccine.

She eats super clean, takes great care of herself and gets good sleeps. It messed her up for about 10 days. Luckily no breathing issues but body aches and pains.

I was the same,

1-3 days kind of felt more tired than normal, felt slight pressure in my lungs

4-7 Super tired, unreal aches and pains felt like I was literally hit by a car (it came out of nowhere), had no cough but lungs kind of felt like they had a bad case heartburn. Nose blew up like 4x its size

7-10, extreme tiredness mixed with the stomach flu, lost sense of smell.

Day 11 felt about 80% better, and continued to get physically better over a few months, still dont have the muscle endurance I had previously.

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

Temperature was fluctuating up to 38.7 degree C (101.66 degree F), shaking, aches.

Sense of smell and taste disappeared last night which I found when trying to suck on a cough sweet. Hasn’t returned this morning, even though I don’t have a blocked nose. Seems to be a common symptom.

Day 3 - Been taking paracetamol and brought temp down to 36.1 degree C (99 degree F).

Still aching but the part I was dreading has now arrived, the shortness of breath. Coughing hasn’t really been a problem, but it is becoming more frequent.

Still painful when trying to stand up to go to the loo. Eyes sensitive to light. No energy.

Day 4 - After only 3 hours sleep still have all the aches and pains, now the cough is regular though again no phlegm.

Generally feeling pretty low. Since I’m now staying in an en-suite bedroom I have no reason to leave the room. The room is dark due to sensitivity to light. Feeling this bad, I’m missing interacting with my wife, daughter and dog, FaceTime is good but not the same as a hug. I think we are being informed that we have to self isolate for 7-10 days now. That’s going to be fun.

The psychological effects of self isolation for a human that has daily contact with others must be tough - I understand this now. Maybe it is the lack of sleep which is turning me soft.

End of day 4 it seems the worst is now over.

It got pretty hairy when the breathing issues kicked in, but now all I am left with is -
  • aches and pains
  • dry cough, no phlegm whatsoever
  • extreme fatigue
  • no taste
  • no smell
It seems (touch wood) the worst of it is over (fingers crossed).

Unless the fatigue and aches subside I’ll be taking the week off work (I can work from home btw). I think any additional stress would certainly be detrimental to recovery - so I would recommend not overdoing it by any stretch!

I’ll keep the diary going, just in case there are any unexpected twists but I hope this has been informative for some of you out there.
I’ll keep this updated.

Me, my friends, and family have all got it.

I worked with a lady who was 5’2… 230 lbs. a smoker. Asthmatic. A kidney transplant recipient who takes some immuno suppressant meds.

She was fine too.
You’ll more than likely be fine

You're turning into a vampire!

On a serious note though, it's good you got vaxxed or the symptoms could've been even worse. Good luck Sherbro!

Hey @ClubFoot, appreciate you sharing your experiences. Glad to hear you're doing better. Take care bud.

Just saw this thread, get well my fellow Shedogger. I hope there wouldn't be any lasting effects after you recover.

EDIT:
Just realised I made a typo. Wouldn't be, I typed would be. I apologise.

Last edited:
I used 111 at 3am, as severe food poisoning from a knock-off Portuguese chicken shop, left me shitting a constant stream of blood. I called them because, after letting out a tiny fart, I leaked all over the laminate, and after expelling the rest, reached up and felt something gooey that I couldn't expel.

I called them and they told me straight away to go to the hospital. So I got my girlfriend, who complained about missing work, to drive me to A&E. She didn't stop moaning about it until days after.

We sat in the waiting room, my time being spent between blowing more blood into a toilet and trying not to look at the two tweaking couple opposite us, until I was called into one of the cubicles.

I was prodded a little by a tall, dark, spectacled and oddly charming fellow and asked if I had pain in my lower body, near my groin, as I had winced. He told me that he believed that I may have had a mild infection, so he told me to go back into the waiting room.

I'm sick of writing this novel, so long story short, after going into another room, an attractive Filipino nurse shoved a drip into my left arm and then a short, fat Muslim woman stuck her fingers up my arse. I was extremely sore, swollen, bloody and dirty up there, so I winced and moaned and held my breath, during the unpleasantness.

I was treated for dehydration, given antibiotics and Anusol, and I was cleared within the following two days.

I'm glad that it was a woman's fingers. I didn't have any hair to pick out afterwards.

111 is a good service. It's always good to call them before 999, or going to hospital. I'd get an ambulance for Covid-related issues. They won't be happy if you showed up at the hospital out of the blue, all infectious-like. Give them a heads up so they can prepare and get you.

Glad TS is doing better.

Sounds like a Hollywood movie with all the diversity. Glad you recovered from the food poisoning as well.

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

Temperature was fluctuating up to 38.7 degree C (101.66 degree F), shaking, aches.

Sense of smell and taste disappeared last night which I found when trying to suck on a cough sweet. Hasn’t returned this morning, even though I don’t have a blocked nose. Seems to be a common symptom.

Day 3 - Been taking paracetamol and brought temp down to 36.1 degree C (99 degree F).

Still aching but the part I was dreading has now arrived, the shortness of breath. Coughing hasn’t really been a problem, but it is becoming more frequent.

Still painful when trying to stand up to go to the loo. Eyes sensitive to light. No energy.

Day 4 - After only 3 hours sleep still have all the aches and pains, now the cough is regular though again no phlegm.

Generally feeling pretty low. Since I’m now staying in an en-suite bedroom I have no reason to leave the room. The room is dark due to sensitivity to light. Feeling this bad, I’m missing interacting with my wife, daughter and dog, FaceTime is good but not the same as a hug. I think we are being informed that we have to self isolate for 7-10 days now. That’s going to be fun.

The psychological effects of self isolation for a human that has daily contact with others must be tough - I understand this now. Maybe it is the lack of sleep which is turning me soft.

End of day 4 it seems the worst is now over.

It got pretty hairy when the breathing issues kicked in, but now all I am left with is -
  • aches and pains
  • dry cough, no phlegm whatsoever
  • extreme fatigue
  • no taste
  • no smell
It seems (touch wood) the worst of it is over (fingers crossed).

Unless the fatigue and aches subside I’ll be taking the week off work (I can work from home btw). I think any additional stress would certainly be detrimental to recovery - so I would recommend not overdoing it by any stretch!

I’ll keep the diary going, just in case there are any unexpected twists but I hope this has been informative for some of you out there.
I’ll keep this updated.

Are you over it yet?

How'd it go?

(No I didn't read through the thread, to lazy)

Are you over it yet?

How'd it go?

(No I didn't read through the thread, to lazy)
Day 5 - aches and pains are now easing off.

The big things now are;

- a cough (which is easy enough to handle).
- slight breathlessness every now and again.
- not a hint of smell nor taste, which is a huge thing for me as I am a foody and wine drinker.
- fatigue like I have never felt before. Lying in bed for 24 hours a day would never happen before. Now I walk to the toilet and I am absolutely shattered. I am resting up until I garner some of my energy back. At the moment it’s at somewhere around 5%.

But all in all, it seems the worst has past.

The big things now are;

- not a hint of smell nor taste, which is a huge thing for me as I am a foody and wine drinker.
- fatigue like I have never felt before. Lying in bed for 24 hours a day would never happen before. Now I walk to the toilet and I am absolutely shattered. I am resting up until I garner some of my energy back. At the moment it’s at somewhere around 5%.

Good, ill bet the worst is over.

One thing i took away was knowing how it would affect me. Going in, i was scared cuz, ya know, you wait to see if youre gonna be a serious case. Now though? Youll know what to do if it happens again without the fear.

Reminds me of a flu I once had. You'll be ok, unless you're in your upper 70's and have four or more comorbidities.

Best of luck OP. Sounds like things might be turning around for you.

A friend of mine finished an 8 day stint at the local hospital due to COVID. He feared that he might die. They gave him monoclonal antibody treatment. He's been released and is free to return to work.

He's in his early 50's, unvaccinated, and a smoker with a fairly shitty diet.

The big things now are;

Wow! Bummer. I must've lucked out I didn't lose taste, (or maybe never had it to begin with)
Hope the recovery will start steam-rolling in the direction of normal soon.
That fatigue stuff sounds awful.

Back