Well, I done don got Covid

I don't believe it's ever been claimed that vaccinated people cannot then catch covid. The vaccines are meant to reduce the severity of the disease, to reduce the burden on the health system, less people dying etc.
Ah yes, the new "special" definition
The one that defies logic

I hope not, I was hoping this would be more of a diary as opposed to a debate.

So people can see what the reality of Covid is for a 41 year old, 6’2, 115kg family man who now doesn’t lead the healthiest lifestyles these days (though was a gym rat for approx 20 years).

There are a lot of people who have been scared senseless by this pandemic, the media has dramatised the whole event. I would like to think a detailed diary of someone who has Covid may help.

Same. Former powerlifting gym rat that got Covid before I got vaccinated. At 48 I was worried, but soon stopped when it only felt like flu.

Ok, it’s just after 21.00 on day 3 and I am becoming very light headed and getting breathing problems.

It’s difficult to write now.

I have asthma, these symptoms are not like asthma. When I have asthma it feels as though my pipes are closing, this isn’t.

I can breath, I can take decent breaths but my head feels like there is not enough oxygen getting to my brain. My hands and feet are having pins and needles as if oxygen is not reaching them.

I think the best solution for this is not to panic and keep the heart rate steady but it does not feel very nice. All the aches, pains and sensitivity are still there - though the symptoms have now progressed to breathing. I was hoping I would get away with this part.

The hot water bottle is replaced with an electric blanket and I am going to spend some time on an oxygen/breathing machine we bought when my wife had Covid sometime ago.

Fingers trembling so ending here.

I’ll keep you posted.

Best of luck. Get rest and you’ll be fine. Everyone in my household had it but me. We laid off of the cough sweets though.

Ok, it’s just after 21.00 on day 3 and I am becoming very light headed and getting breathing problems.

I have asthma, these symptoms are not like asthma. When I have asthma it feels as though my pipes are closing, this isn’t.

I can breath, I can take decent breaths but my head feels like there is not enough oxygen getting to my brain. My hands and feet are having pins and needles as if oxygen is not reaching them.

I think the best solution for this is not to panic and keep the heart rate steady but it does not feel very nice. All the aches, pains and sensitivity are still there - though the symptoms have now progressed to breathing. I was hoping I would get away with this part.

The hot water bottle is replaced with an electric blanket and I am going to spend some time on an oxygen/breathing machine we bought when my wife had Covid sometime ago.

I’ll keep you posted.

Geez. Hang in there man.

I’ll keep you posted.

Dude, go to hospital.

I’ll keep you posted.

Call 111 if you need advice.

Don't skimp out on medical attention. They're there to help you.

On the oxygen and feeling better. Just lying still.

Although I am isolating my wife calls me regularly on FaceTime so she’s keeping an eye on me.

Oxygen levels are back up to 92% so no need for concern. It’s the feeling which is unnerving.

My oxygen levels are creeping up having been at 85% earlier today. Blood pressure is absolutely perfect as is heart rate.

It’s just the sensation of not being able to breath, while actually breathing, which is crazy.

It’s a horrible sensation to be honest, but keeping calm (having been an asthma sufferer my whole life) has certainly helped. I can see why some people would panic, it’s seems quite torturous.

Also coughing more, though no phlegm.

On the oxygen and feeling better. Just lying still.

Although I am isolating my wife calls me regularly on FaceTime so she’s keeping an eye on me.

Oxygen levels are back up to 92% so no need for concern. It’s the feeling which is unnerving.

My oxygen levels are creeping up having been at 85% earlier today. Blood pressure is absolutely perfect as is heart rate.

It’s just the sensation of not being able to breath, while actually breathing, which is crazy.

It’s a horrible sensation to be honest, but keeping calm (having been an asthma sufferer my whole life) has certainly helped. I can see why some people would panic, it’s seems quite torturous.

Also coughing more, though no phlegm.

Sounds horrible.

I may have had something similar after my second vaccination. It only lasted a night though.

Call 111 mate.

Sounds horrible.

I may have had something similar after my second vaccination. It only lasted a night though.

Call 111 mate.
We called 999 when my wife had Covid.

She got to this stage and we all panicked, the pins and needles enveloped all of her legs and arms. She couldn’t move.

999 said take her to hospital which we did, pronto, and when we got there they admitted her took all her vitals and 3 hours later they sent her home.

Unless the vitals decline, there is no point in going to hospital.

That’s why I am measuring everything.

I didn’t create this thread so people would feel concerned for me or spread concern.

I created it so I can give you all an honest account day by day so those of you who haven’t had it can see what happens to a normal person willing to provide an honest, unbiased description.

She got to this stage and we all panicked, the pins and needles enveloped all of her legs and arms. She couldn’t move.

999 said take her to hospital which we did, pronto, and when we got there they admitted her took all her vitals and 3 hours later they sent her home.

I didn’t create this thread so people would feel concerned for me or spread concern.

I created it so I can give you all an honest account day by day so those of you who haven’t had it can see what happens to a normal person willing to provide an honest, unbiased description.

Fair enough, it's a good thread to make.

All the best mate.

Id like to keep up with this thread as i too like being methodical with recoveries.

My covid trip was kinda a breeze compared to yours.

Fun question: Has ANYONE been diagnosed with this shit and been asymptomatic?

Update: So towards the end of day two it was pretty bad.

Temperature was fluctuating up to 38.7 degree C (101.66 degree F), shaking, aches.

Sense of smell and taste disappeared last night which I found when trying to suck on a cough sweet. Hasn’t returned this morning, even though I don’t have a blocked nose. Seems to be a common symptom.

Day 3 - Been taking paracetamol and brought temp down to 36.1 degree C (99 degree F).

Still aching but the part I was dreading has now arrived, the shortness of breath. Coughing hasn’t really been a problem, but it is becoming more frequent.

Still painful when trying to stand up to go to the loo. Eyes sensitive to light. No energy.

There are some medical professionals who say you shouldn't take Paracetamol because it lowers your temperature. Raising the body temperature is your body fighting the virus because higher temperatures kill it. They argue that using drugs to lower the body temperature prolongs the illness and no measures should be taken until it reaches 104 F.

https://elemental.medium.com/the-argument-for-letting-a-fever-run-its-course-e38b5f409c03

Id like to keep up with this thread as i too like being methodical with recoveries.

My covid trip was kinda a breeze compared to yours.

Fun question: Has ANYONE been diagnosed with this shit and been asymptomatic?
A guy at work was. Had to get a test to see a doctor for an unrelated thing and it was positive. His wife and 2/3 of their kids ended up testing positive and none of them had any symptoms.

I’ll keep you posted.

Damn dude, that sounds awful.

I'm just over here eating flavorless food and drinking flavorless drinks. Did notice I can tell what's salty and sweet, and can tell two different sweet drinks apart. Also sweating a lot with no fever, feeling a little stuffy, and cough some.

Will add that I was half vaccinated beforehand, drink a lot of liquids, take vitamins, and all that shit.

If I didn't know I had covid I'd think I just had a sinus infection go a little off the rails into a wider upper respiratory infection.. outside of the loss of taste and smell.

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

Temperature was fluctuating up to 38.7 degree C (101.66 degree F), shaking, aches.

Sense of smell and taste disappeared last night which I found when trying to suck on a cough sweet. Hasn’t returned this morning, even though I don’t have a blocked nose. Seems to be a common symptom.

Day 3 - Been taking paracetamol and brought temp down to 36.1 degree C (99 degree F).

Still aching but the part I was dreading has now arrived, the shortness of breath. Coughing hasn’t really been a problem, but it is becoming more frequent.

Still painful when trying to stand up to go to the loo. Eyes sensitive to light. No energy.

I’ll keep this updated.
Wishing all the best for you. Hope you recover quickly Sherbro.

My colleague got it worse the second time after being double vaxxed as well. That doesn't mean it's the same with everyone, if doctors and ICU staff are to believed there's a chance you might end up far worse without the vax.
But I'm not preaching and I really don't care who doesn't get the jab. It isn't affecting me anymore apart from having to kick a few liars out every now and again :D

The unvaccinated are causing the hospitals to be clogged up. Southern counties are transferring excess patients because their hospitals are totally full up. Theres a huge disconnect going on here. Many conservatives are just ignoring the facts that vaccinations are good and prevent serious illness from covid, and help prevent public utilities like heathcare centers from clogging up.

There are some medical professionals who say you shouldn't take Paracetamol because it lowers your temperature. Raising the body temperature is your body fighting the virus because higher temperatures kill it. They argue that using drugs to lower the body temperature prolongs the illness and no measures should be taken until it reaches 104 F.

https://elemental.medium.com/the-argument-for-letting-a-fever-run-its-course-e38b5f409c03
I had heard the same but, believe me, without something as simple as Paracetamol this would be unbearable.

The only problem is now, having taken it to get some rest bite from the aches, sweats and shakes it is giving me quick searing stomach cramps. But it’s a small price to pay when it is counteracting all the other symptoms.

Back