Well, I done don got Covid

Day 5 - aches and pains are now easing off.

The big things now are;

- a cough (which is easy enough to handle).
- slight breathlessness every now and again.
- not a hint of smell nor taste, which is a huge thing for me as I am a foody and wine drinker.
- fatigue like I have never felt before. Lying in bed for 24 hours a day would never happen before. Now I walk to the toilet and I am absolutely shattered. I am resting up until I garner some of my energy back. At the moment it’s at somewhere around 5%.

But all in all, it seems the worst has past.
Good to see you are apparently over the dangerous part of it.

From now on is just getting better and better.

The other day I was afraid I got something since my throat was feeling swollen like it was about to turn into sore throat.

Immediately took back to back 2x zinc lozenges, gargled mouthwash 1x, ate plain Greek yogurt, took chewable Emergen-C, chicken soup, drank a bunch of cold water, napped like 1-2 hrs two straight days and didn't get sore throat. I have a feeling the vaccine saved me.

Day 6 - Other than fatigue I think that’s it done.

No other prominent side effects from Covid that I can tell - other than no taste and no smell.

Sleeping has been difficult throughout this whole process averaging 3 hours a night, but last night got a full 8 hours.

Taking a week (5 days) off work so I don’t rush back and have a detrimental effect on recovery, but I think that’s it guys.

Big thing to take out of this is, don’t panic! My wife did and ended up in hospital whereas I kept calm, checked all the vitals and managed to get through it with paracetamol and a week in bed (I know everyone is different, this is just from my own experience).

I guess I got lucky, my wife was still battling a host of side effects 4 weeks in.

If I had to compare, the immediate effects of the flu are worse than Covid. But Covid certainly hangs around longer.

Thanks for all the support throughout Sherbros, it’s much appreciated.

No other prominent side effects from Covid that I can tell - other than no taste and no smell.

Sleeping has been difficult throughout this whole process averaging 3 hours a night, but last night got a full 8 hours.

Taking a week (5 days) off work so I don’t rush back and have a detrimental effect on recovery, but I think that’s it guys.

Big thing to take out of this is, don’t panic! My wife did and ended up in hospital whereas I kept calm, checked all the vitals and managed to get through it with paracetamol and a week in bed (I know everyone is different, this is just from my own experience).

I guess I got lucky, my wife was still battling a host of side effects 4 weeks in.

If I had to compare, the immediate effects of the flu are worse than Covid. But Covid certainly hangs around longer.

Glad you seem to be recovering.

I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. Thanks for sharing your journey through this.

The big things now are;

- not a hint of smell nor taste, which is a huge thing for me as I am a foody and wine drinker.
- fatigue like I have never felt before. Lying in bed for 24 hours a day would never happen before. Now I walk to the toilet and I am absolutely shattered. I am resting up until I garner some of my energy back. At the moment it’s at somewhere around 5%.

I'm on day 3, hot and cold all night barely slept, aching pain everywhere.

Fuck COVID

Fuck COVID
I feel for you bud, days 3 and 4 are undoubtedly the worst throughout the whole ordeal.

The lack of sleep really doesn’t help.

Other than paracetamol there isn’t anything else I can recommend.

Awesome!

Fuck COVID
Damn man. Hopefully you get better soon.

How are you feeling today @Phlog?

I don't really know how many days it's been, maybe 4. Spent all day in bed yesterday, boshed vit c, zinc, ibruprophen, paracetamol and felt a bit better for a few hours. Did the same before bed and although I sweated a lot I only woke up once after 4hrs to hit the paracetamol again. Slept in a damp bed but managed to sleep so winning.

Today is the first time I could really type properly, took herculean effort to do so last few days.

Had cough last couple of days, lungs are at 80%, today throat is sore but I could get up to make coffee this morning, I think it's not gonna get any worse now, have kept my smell/taste thank fuck.

I don't really know how many days it's been, maybe 4. Spent all day in bed yesterday, boshed vit c, zinc, ibruprophen, paracetamol and felt a bit better for a few hours. Did the same before bed and although I sweated a lot I only woke up once after 4hrs to hit the paracetamol again. Slept in a damp bed but managed to sleep so winning.

Today is the first time I could really type properly, took herculean effort to do so last few days.

Had cough last couple of days, lungs are at 80%, today throat is sore but I could get up to make coffee this morning, I think it's not gonna get any worse now, have kept my smell/taste thank fuck.

Vit D supplement.

The big things now are;

Protip: never self apply the term “foodie” unless you want people to cheer for your demise.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better @ClubFoot and I hope your wife is able to get past the symptoms she’s dealing with. Wishing you both the best.

Back