weight lifting if fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
answer my damn question boy ^^^^

what do you want when u fight? speed or power? for speed lift light. for power go big or go home. but remeber. more power u have less speed. the more speed the less power u have. thats what a guy at lifetime told me. it works well.

First... this thread is old
second, power is dependent on speed. You're confusing peak strength and power.
and C) there is no C,

Urban said:
First... this thread is old
second, power is dependent on speed. You're confusing peak strength and power.
and C) there is no C,

Seems like there was no A and B either!! :icon_chee

Anyway, yeah, this is correct. One way to look at this is look at the starting off the blocks of sprinters- they push off pretty hard and that takes a good amount of power.

Jesus! With all the pwnage in this thread, I think we can change Hamit's record to 0-2-0....

I can't think of a sport where you don't need lower body strength, except maybe pro arm wrestling.

grchrampage said:
do you lift heavy reps 8-10 or go a lil lighter and do 18-20 and also how many times a wk do you hit a muscle and which ones do you concentrate on most?

The anwser is yes.
One heavy day, one rep day.

I thought he said he won the amatuer fighter award, and his record if 0-1-0, i bet its really 0-1000-0

HULKAMANIA said:
Hamit Aktas, apparently we're not on your level. Don't you have some private, Pride-Champion message board on which you could be posting all your wonderful comments?

Between you and me, I like to fight, too. I do a lot of training on the stationary bike. It helps add some oomph to my flying bicycle kick. I also learned from Arnold and some other ex-bodybuilders how to "train my entire body equally." I learned that you have to be meticulous about all the details. I know have totally invincible serrati anterior. If anyone punches me slightly below my armpits and to the sides of my chest, they're likely to break their hands. And let's not even get into my superior pterygoidal development.

AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, thats good, i laughed like i was on crack, man that was good.

I was stoked when I read this thread thinking that Entropy and HULK were back.

Good thread.

way to bring up a dead thread re-a....

*craps in the thread in hopes that the feces will weigh this thread down to the abyss*

There is this thing where questions that people frequently asked, but I cant remember the name of it...

I've gotten advice on my training from people who has fought in UFC/Pride.
They might not train to enter "the strongest man in the world" competition. Their training is for fighting. I'm sorry, but I do NOT want advice from people on Sherdog when I can get advice from professional fighters.

I don't even know what the fk the problem is. He asked when a basic question, which I answered. I told him I train my entire body, though if I train anything less than the others, it's my legs.

Unless you are professional fighter, or if you have the same body type as me and have the same fighting style I have and have gotten advice from fighters, I won't listen to you. The way I train is put up for me specifically. It's not for you. It works wonders for me. So why on earth would I listen to anyone in here? You go ahead and think my "routine" sucks, even though my training routine isn't even listed in here. I couldn't care less.

Hypertrophy weight training is normally in the 8-10 rep range, it's all about muscle growth. Even from playing aaa hockey when I was 16 we learned the 5 rep scheme. Especially for squats for more explosiveness on the ice.

The same thing applies to fighting, or grappling now for me. Give it a try, read the stickies here and see if you notice any changes. Forums that are about learning are a good place to leave your ego at the door.

Hamit hasn't had a fight since... can't his amatuer fighter tag be stripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back