weight lifting if fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread delivered, two years ago.

Damn... I didn't even notice that shit.

I shall let it die now.

a 0-1 record is better than 0-0.

I actually agree with this.

BUT when it's a guy with a single fight and a losing record, you'd think he'd be a bit more humble instead of the ole "you don't know shit about fighting so I ain't gonna' listen" attitude.

Well it all depends grchrampage.

If you want to get stronger, do heavy weights and fewer reps, but If you want to work on your cardio and get leaner, do lighter weights and more reps.
Also when I workout a muscle I usually let it rest the next day.

Let me know if this was helpfull.

If you want to get stronger, do heavy weights and fewer reps, but If you want to work on your cardio and get leaner, do lighter weights and more reps.

*looks hopefully over at moderators*

Ban hammer for completely pointless thread necromancy?

Please?

Ian hates you

And I mean hate

What's the story with the Tudor Bomba interview?

TB: Take judo for instance. Once I listened to a presentation regarding strength training for judo. The speaker was your typical Olympic lifting coach. He went over snatches and the clean and jerk! When the organizers asked my opinion, I simply said that the whole idea is wrong because judo involves primarily the flexor muscles of the hips, abdominals, and trunk, not the extensors normally targeted by Olympic lifting moves.

Personally I'd use power cleans only for few sports such as linebackers in football and Greco-roman wrestling.

Apparently Greco-roman wrestling is fundamentally different from judo in terms of biomechanics?

T: Are there any strength-training exercises that all athletes should be doing?

TB: Certainly, especially as they target the ankle, knee, and hip muscles. Most sports performed on the ground [all team sports, track, martial arts, etc.] use knee extensors and flexors, and gastrocnemius and soleus for the ankle actions. Therefore squats, leg curls, and toe raises are very popular with most sports.

Extensors of ankles, knees and hips are (one of ) the most important muscles, but olympic lifts are overrated, because they only target the extensors of ankle, knees and hips?

This thread apparently had potential, but somehow fizzled. In any case, that dude was pwnt.

Thank you for teaching this lowly Orange belt how to PWN some triflin' ass on Sherdog.

Probably the most amazing forum maneuver in human history.

Ian, at some point you're just going to have to let it go.

I'm still just in awe that dude walks in here three years after the fact and happily offers a shitty opinion to the OP who last signed on in 06.

I see this little white dot telling me I had posted in this thread, and I think to myself, "Hmmm... I don't remember saying anything about weightlifting and fighting recently." Amazing.

I have to admit, I laughed pretty good at the douche whitebelt bumping this with a half-wit comment that was intended to be helpful.

*puts bullet in thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back