Weidman possible cardio Issues

it is impossible to read what you say when you have such an Avatar dude

:icon_lol:

Indeed :D

dat-ass.jpg

I've only seen Weidman gas once, that's against Maia. His entire training camp was him gassing. As far as the silva fight he was recovering from a huge injury. He was already banged up coming into camp for that fight and the face he still pulled it off is huge.

Did Chris gas? No, but he did slow down and looked to be getting tired. I think Anderson has a better chance than most are giving him. To me it's like 50-50.

If Anderson protects his chin in the rematch, I could see Chris getting tired towards the end of round 2 or in round 3 and that's when I think Andy could land some laser shots that could put Chris down or out. If Anderson protects his chin, I don't see Chris knocking him out again. I also acknowledge that Anderson didn't land much on Chris, but I also acknowledge that all it takes with Anderson is one well-placed shot, which he is definitely capable of delivering.

Anderson was stuffing Weidman's takedowns in the 2nd round if I remember correctly, so if the fight plays out similarly to the first, but with Silva protecting his chin this time, I see a close standup fight, where Anderson eventually lands something devastating and finishes Weidman.

This could very well happen If Anderson can put a pace like what he did against Hendo or the Sonnen matches he really got a big chance of making Weidman tired after all those take downs uses a lot of stamina

Your totally right TS, he was gassed after the walkout... nevermind the fact that he got totally lucky with that KO, because he was so gassed and slowed down the timing threw Silva totally off, all the training and hard work with Serra and Longo had nothing to do with the W....

Actually, it mostly didn't, but that's ok...

Yeah, he clearly has terrible takedown defense. Look how the best wrestler in the MW divison did agianst him in their second fight. Sonnen pretty much took him down at will...

Sonnen took him down and controlled him the entire 1st round.

Anderson resorted to grabbing Chael's shorts to avoid being taken down in the 2nd round.

Out of 7 rounds with Chael, he was on his back for 6 of them.

Silva won both fights, but his take down defense didn't win either fight.

Your totally right TS, he was gassed after the walkout... nevermind the fact that he got totally lucky with that KO, because he was so gassed and slowed down the timing threw Silva totally off, all the training and hard work with Serra and Longo had nothing to do with the W....

yeah the change-up is viscous in mma not only does it come much slower but theres so much less power on the punch that it surprises your opponent unconscious

lol at the common sense of anderson fans. gassed weidman kos anderson. gassed weidman also outlands anderson in a handful of exchanges while gassed leading up to the ko

anderson was clowning a gassed fighter and couldnt punch him. he kept getting hit back and eventually got ko'd

what a weird way to hate on weidman. so funny

I wouldn't say Weidman was gassed, but he looked slower and less fluid late in the first round. It could be an adrenaline dump or he did get tired.

I think Anderson best chance to win is to stay away from exchanges for 5-8 minutes.

I'm suspecting this as well....he has got tired a few times...not gassed but his stamina was down more then I expected

I think Weidman is too strong, hungry, and tough for Silva.

Weidman by tko (ground N pound)

He was definitely gassed against Silva, but that could be attributed to many things. I noticed that unlike a lot of fighters who fade, Chris works right through the fatigue and doesn't stop attacking.

Back