Weidman possible cardio Issues

He was so gassed he knocked Anderson Silva the fuck out!

He was so gassed he knocked Anderson Silva the fuck out!

This might sound crazy to you. But did you know you can knock someone out even while gassed? Sounds crazy right?

Go watch any Chris
Leben knockout he was probably gassed at the time

I don't know why people have a problem admitting that Weidman slowed down noticeably. It was either him gassing or a major adrenaline dump put he DID slow.

I had money on him to win and I was delighted when he KTFOd Silva but his cardio is the one thing that concerns me for the rematch.

I don't know why people have a problem admitting that Weidman slowed down noticeably. It was either him gassing or a major adrenaline dump put he DID slow.

I had money on him to win and I was delighted when he KTFOd Silva but his cardio is the one thing that concerns me for the rematch.

I know right. I don't get why some people are in denial.

I look at things objectively and he looked gassed. I have nothing against weidman infect as a gap fan I was cheering for him vs Silva.

I know right. I don't get why some people are in denial.

I look at things objectively and he looked gassed. I have nothing against weidman infect as a gap fan I was cheering for him vs Silva.

You only have to look at the difference in the speed of his double leg shot at the start of the fight and the takedown he attempted just a few minutes later. They were night and day. His first takedown super quick, on his second TD he looked extremely lethargic.

1) The find won't last long so no worries about gas playing a factor
2) His gastank is fine
3) LOL @ the guy saying Munoz would win in a rematch because he was depressed and out of shape in their first fight

1) The find won't last long so no worries about gas playing a factor
2) His gastank is fine
3) LOL @ the guy saying Munoz would win in a rematch because he was depressed and out of shape in their first fight

Munoz might actually pull it Remember Weidman said that he got his inspiration because he wants the tittle cause he is hungry and well all know Munoz is one angry and hungry man.

Munoz might actually pull it Remember Weidman said that he got his inspiration because he wants the tittle cause he is hungry and well all know Munoz is one angry and hungry man.

Weidman is better than Munoz at everything, though. At least in my opinion. Anyone can land that one punch, sure, but I'd put my money on Chris every time.

I'm no Munoz hater of course, I'm betting on him against Machida so he better win that one.

To me it was clear that he had an adrenaline dump in the Silva fight. Cutting 32 pounds in 10 days to fight Maia isn't going to help your cardio.

I think he got a little emotional and it being a big fight vs the supposed GOAT and P4P king this early in his career probably didn't help.

Despite looking a little wigged out and apparently "gassing" he executed his gameplan and knocked his opponent out.

Dude has fantastic grappling and improving stand up, he was coming off a year(?) of inactivity in that title fight too.

Weidman is better than Munoz at everything, though. At least in my opinion. Anyone can land that one punch, sure, but I'd put my money on Chris every time.

I'm no Munoz hater of course, I'm betting on him against Machida so he better win that one.

Oh yeah... I see Munoz as sort of one dimensional, I was merely making a Joke about Munoz gaining weight when he lost to Chris, hence "Hungrier".

I don't hate Munoz but its just Chida and Chris are really bad match ups.

The gassing issues are arising because Weidman gave up on his takedowns and fell into Silva's standup game. I hope he wasn't tired. Either way - he needs to take andy down or get tko'd.

he said he was getting tired - but im sure silva was too

Chris said after the fact that he knew it was possibly going to be a 5 round-affair and was simply pacing himself.

a shit load of fighters would be happy to be gassed like him after a few rounds with Silva .

To me it was clear that he had an adrenaline dump in the Silva fight. Cutting 32 pounds in 10 days to fight Maia isn't going to help your cardio.

I agree. Huge PPV main event and his first ever off long layoff. Fighting his idol, loud crowd, high emotions, first huge event.

We've never seen Weidman in the championship rounds. If he has cardio issues, he won't last long as champ

Well let's look at his UFC fights:
Sakara: Weidman takes the fight on 2 weeks notice with a fractured rib. Loses the first round, then proceeds to beat on Sakara for the last 2 rounds. Seems odd to me that a guy who gassed in the first would lose the first and win the last 2
Bongfeldt: Full training camp, first round finish
Lawlor: Full training camp, first round finish
Maia: Took fight on 10 days notice, cut 32 pounds in that time. He didn't have a training camp, he had a weight cut, and he still won all 3 rounds.
Munoz: Full camp, Weidman dominates the first with his grappling, knocks Munoz out in the second.
Anderson Silva: Full camp, BUT Weidman was coming off of surgery, hadn't fought in a year, and lost his house in hurricane Sandy. Weidman wins the first, wins by Knockout late in round 2.
I don''t think someone who gasses after 1 round would regularly win fights/rounds after the first.

Did Chris gas? No, but he did slow down and looked to be getting tired. I think Anderson has a better chance than most are giving him. To me it's like 50-50.

If Anderson protects his chin in the rematch, I could see Chris getting tired towards the end of round 2 or in round 3 and that's when I think Andy could land some laser shots that could put Chris down or out. If Anderson protects his chin, I don't see Chris knocking him out again. I also acknowledge that Anderson didn't land much on Chris, but I also acknowledge that all it takes with Anderson is one well-placed shot, which he is definitely capable of delivering.

Anderson was stuffing Weidman's takedowns in the 2nd round if I remember correctly, so if the fight plays out similarly to the first, but with Silva protecting his chin this time, I see a close standup fight, where Anderson eventually lands something devastating and finishes Weidman.

He may have tank issues or he may just pace himself even in the Monuz fight he was slower than he should have been in the second. I do think people are right though he probably had a adrenaline dump vs Silva.

Doesn't matter much Anderson gonna get dat belt back.

He may have tank issues or he may just pace himself even in the Monuz fight he was slower than he should have been in the second. I do think people are right though he probably had a adrenaline dump vs Silva.

Doesn't matter much Anderson gonna get dat belt back.

it is impossible to read what you say when you have such an Avatar dude

:icon_lol:

Back