Weidman possible cardio Issues

Best

White Belt
Reaction score
Usually when a champ falls from the top after a long reign, he doesn't make it back to the top. I predict Anderson will Tko weidman in the rematch.

I've noticed weidman had gassed out in every fight that hasn't ended in the first round.

I also noticed when he fought Anderson he was gassed after 2 minutes into the first round.

To his credit he landed that punch got a burst of energy and finished it.

I think weidman could potentially have cardio issues. He's huge and cuts a lot of weight for 185. Maybe that's why?

Some guys have a very high energy output in round 1 , guys like Penn or j lau for example. I'm wondering if weidman falls into the same category.

Did you watch the same fight I watched? Weidman was not gassed in the 1st.

Your totally right TS, he was gassed after the walkout... nevermind the fact that he got totally lucky with that KO, because he was so gassed and slowed down the timing threw Silva totally off, all the training and hard work with Serra and Longo had nothing to do with the W....

To me it was clear that he had an adrenaline dump in the Silva fight. Cutting 32 pounds in 10 days to fight Maia isn't going to help your cardio.

Weidman have no issues. He is the Undefeated and soon Undisputed Champion of the World.

Future GOAT I tell ya

The gassing issues are arising because Weidman gave up on his takedowns and fell into Silva's standup game. I hope he wasn't tired. Either way - he needs to take andy down or get tko'd.

He's a massive MW but i dont think he has gas tank issues, im praying Anderson wins so i can see the Munoz rematch hopefully ASAP

if it was such an issue he wouldnt be undefeated, champion and ko'd the best.

Why do you want to see that rematch exactly?

Pretty much because Munoz keeps talking about how he wasnt fit and he was depressed and all that sort of stuff when he fought Weidman. He seems in shape after his last fight anyway and not lacking in motivation. I think Munoz wins the rematch, i think itll be a barn burner

Only time I have seen him gassed when he took a fight on short notice

I hate to put it so simplistically, but Silva a much better fighter. Weidman is good, but he's not better than Silva. What you saw in their fight is more a function of probability than anything else. Everyone CAN lose, and someone who is in the spotlight for years at a time and well-studied by hungry opponents WILL lose if they fight long enough.

I predict Silva KO's Weidman, and then I predict he retires. Nothing to prove with a trilogy; there will be another "Chris Weidman" in line even if Silva wins.

So how exactly am I trolling by giving my opinion backed up by facts

Facts? rofl.

Nothing was right in that crap OP. The only time he looked like shit was the Maia fight, and he won.

Stop trying to stir up shit dude, this thread is a mess and you know it.

Back