Weidman lost 20lbs of muscle because of broken foot?

Weidman said he was 190lbs for the Rockhold fight and mentioned he was around 205-210lbs in most of his other fights. Was it because of the broken foot that he lost the weight or some strategy?
did you assume that was all muscle he lost there?

more like because of a broken bicycle chain (if you catch my drift)

If he was Brazilian the amount of people crying steroids would have been interesting.

did you assume that was all muscle he lost there?

Did you catch his chicken legs? The dude looks like a smaller version of GSP. It is the only time Weidman has looked small, and weak, during his UFC run. I haven't watched his non UFC fights to see if it is different there.

what a diet strategy. break ur foot and loose 20 pounds instantly !!!

He lost the weight intentionally, probably because of the IV ban. Foot was unrelated to the weight, but might explain why his cardio was off.

UFC 194 chicken legs
2015-12-13T054801Z_580775829_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_MMA-UFC-194-WEIDMAN-VS-ROCKHOLD.jpg

vs Munoz

Chris-Weidman_MMAnytt.jpg

There is nearly no difference in upper body. It is his chicken legs that were very different.

UFC 194 weigh in

20151211040055_5D3_4877.JPG

Did you catch his chicken legs? The dude looks like a smaller version of GSP. It is the only time Weidman has looked small, and weak, during his UFC run. I haven't watched his non UFC fights to see if it is different there.
Oh Jesus,calm yourself down and stop exaggerating. Normally he is 205 fight night,in the Luke fight he was 197. He didnt lose so much damn weight. I do agree he looked weaker,but thats mostly due the injury I assume.

Suspect like a down low brother at a Chris Bosh house party.

Oh Jesus,calm yourself down and stop exaggerating. Normally he is 205 fight night,in the Luke fight he was 197. He didnt lose so much damn weight. I do agree he looked weaker,but thats mostly due the injury I assume.

Lol 197? He said he came in 190, 191. Stop lying.

Weidman said he was 190lbs for the Rockhold fight and mentioned he was around 205-210lbs in most of his other fights. Was it because of the broken foot that he lost the weight or some strategy?

He brought in a new dietitian who doesn't believe in weight cutting.

He was much much much slimmer in the Rockhold fight, he barely looked 185 in there, I was shocked, I was surprised that Rogan and Goldberg were not bringing it up enough. he lost a lot of weight and clearly was not the same.

When did he say that? I'm just repeating what Longo said after the fight.

Every weidman interview leading up to 194? Are you that much of a clueless fan? He even admitted he could make welterweight at the 194 weigh in if he wanted. Get a grip with your lies. He legitimately lost 20lbs of muscle, and it was either strategy or injury. If it was strategy it failed as he looked weak as anything.

Happens... I was training quite hard for about 2 months after a wrist injury, got fairly ripped and then hurt my back 2 weeks ago and now my shits all soft again and I've lost about 8kg which is about 15 lbs and yet somehow gained a belly... Pissed.

Herniated a disc... Thought they were just bulging but 1 is herniated ffs...
Change your diet, quickly. That trend will soon reverse, but in a bad way.

Every weidman interview leading up to 194? Are you that much of a clueless fan? He even admitted he could make welterweight at the 194 weigh in if he wanted. Get a grip with your lies.

Are you retarded?
He was slimming down before the fight,he had new dietitian,the idea was not cut so much weight because the rehydration without the IV might be a problem. He got to 190 a week before the fight. He still cut weigh,just way less. This man can't make WW without fuckin dying,he didnt mean it literally when he said that,he was just trying to get the point that his weight is already down.
So,he cut down to 185 for weight in,he rehydrated as much as he possibly can,got shit tons of carbohydrates and got to 195-197. Normally he gets to 205,but he couldn't because of the IV ban and because his start point weigh was less than normally coming into fight. Now,I can't be sure about the exact numbers but thats what Longo said on the Anik and Florian podcast.
Is this clear enough for you or you want me to draw it?

Change your diet, quickly. That trend will soon reverse, but in a bad way.

I eat reasonably healthy... Lots of salads, not many carbs and so on... Always had a high metabolism, but age is definitely catching up - I'm not recovering from injuries so fast and it takes longer to get in shape, and way quicker to lose it!

Are you retarded?
He was slimming down before the fight,he had new dietitian,the idea was not cut so much weight because the rehydration without the IV might be a problem. He got to 190 a week before the fight. He still cut weigh,just way less. This man can't make WW without fuckin dying,he didnt mean it literally when he said that,he was just trying to get the point that his weight is already down.
So,he cut down to 185 for weight in,he rehydrated as much as he possibly can,got shit tons of carbohydrates and got to 195-197. Normally he gets to 205,but he couldn't because of the IV ban and because his start point weigh was less than normally coming into fight. Now,I can't be sure about the exact numbers but thats what Longo said on the Anik and Florian podcast.
Is this clear enough for you or you want me to draw it?

You are an idiot. He admitted he could get down to welterweight because he could. He was the same weight GSP is a couple days from the weigh in. Of course he lost weight, GSP weighed in 197 for his shields fight too. Do some research you WWE fan.

Back