Weidman lost 20lbs of muscle because of broken foot?

I believe he said he quit drinking alcohol in the lead up to the fight in an attempt to slim down. My advice would be to train with Raging Al "The Motel Room Destroyer" Iaquinta full time for the rematch.
wat, mod

:eek:

Use some god damn logic.
Chris slimmed down because of the IV ban and because he wanted to have better cardio . This happened before the broken foot .The thing is, when you fracture your foot, you cant put pressure on it too much, meaning you cant do much cardio.
So,the injury basically canceled his benefit of coming in lighter .

In an interview before the Vitor fight, Ariel brought up testosterone levels between him and Vitor before he even said Vitor's T levels were surprisingly high- Weidman had this guilty incriminating look on his face like "what... what did the test results show??" and was hesitant to speak until Ariel detailed it out and then Weidman started talking shit about Vitor.
never saw that, or didnt realize at that time

link to the video and possibly timestamp?

As a Weidman fan, I am not trying to start rumors. But he mentioned at least twice comments about his wife that left me a little concerned. That could be one of the personal issues he had going into the fight. Also she could have weakened his legs to the point where he lost 20 pounds of lean mass.
ha, what exactly did he say about his wife

In an interview before the Vitor fight, Ariel brought up testosterone levels between him and Vitor before he even said Vitor's T levels were surprisingly high- Weidman had this guilty incriminating look on his face like "what... what did the test results show??" and was hesitant to speak until Ariel detailed it out and then Weidman started talking shit about Vitor.
Oh no,he had "guilty incriminating look" ?!?
Well,this settles it then.

I love how every sher-bro in the world is an expert on who is or isn't taking steroids, and how they affect your body and your performance.

Before the fight, Weidman said he was 100% going on to the fight and was ready to break little boy Luke
Do you expect him to say he was injured? Give a little heads up to Luke? Maybe tell him where to hit. Thats a great strategy.

No man who feeds his family with his body and physical abilities is above taking roids....no man.

rFCKW1Ag.gif

Feel free to post it and time stamp what you're talking about.

Victor, Machida, Weidman, .... many guys have lost muscles recently ...interdesting.

ha, what exactly did he say about his wife

In the couple weeks leading up to the fight, he was doing a bunch of interviews, as usual. Unfortunately I don't remember which interviews and there would've been so many interviews to sit through that I wouldn't be interested in finding them. He didn't come out and explicitly say that they were having troubles. But he did hint as indirectly as possible that she would not approve of certain things. It seemed like he was trying to conceal his frustration but also let a bit of it out but again, I don't want to misread and distort what he said so my original post can be disregarded. Except for the part about her causing his leg weight loss and weakening his legs.

My guess is that Weidman lost muscle intentionally so that his weight cut was easier and so that he was faster. Cardio and speed were always two of Weidman's main wreaknesses. Makes sense to work on them.

he DIDNT break his foot

thanks @Dart Feld , haha

I believe the foot problem was during the camp not in the fight / after it.

Also think it wasn't that bad like a 100% fracture or he would have pulled out.

Maybe he underestimated Luke and he went in there.. and the weight issue maybe a combination of IV ban, injury, new diet.. also he was more around 195 lbs and Luke also wasn't as big as usual so him around 205 lbs (IV ban and he also had some issues).

I believe both fighters used to come in fight night at around 210 lbs before there last fight (of course I'm not in there camps with a scale so its all speculative).

Don't like that (and I'm a fan) Chris always talks after his fights using "this was the worst training camp ever" its a habit at this point.

As a Weidman fan, I am not trying to start rumors. But he mentioned at least twice comments about his wife that left me a little concerned. That could be one of the personal issues he had going into the fight. Also she could have weakened his legs to the point where he lost 20 pounds of lean mass.

I didn't hear the wife comments care to elaborate please ? or any idea where to find them ? thanks in advance.

Edit: just saw your top comment hmh strange I tried to look for them but no luck so far.

Last edited:
I believe the foot problem was during the camp not in the fight / after it.

Also think it wasn't that bad like a 100% fracture or he would have pulled out.

Maybe he underestimated Luke and he went in there.. and the weight issue maybe a combination of IV ban, injury, new diet.. also he was more around 195 lbs and Luke also wasn't as big as usual so him around 205 lbs (IV ban and he also had some issues).

I believe both fighters used to come in fight night at around 210 lbs before there last fight (of course I'm not in there camps with a scale so its all speculative).

Don't like that (and I'm a fan) Chris always talks after his fights using "this was the worst training camp ever" its a habit at this point.

I didn't hear the wife comments care to elaborate please ? or any idea where to find them ? thanks in advance.

Edit: just saw your top comment hmh strange I tried to look for them but no luck so far.
34:50: "I'm not a control freak. My wife's a control freak." Again, this isn't proof of anything, but he made this kind of indirect point 2-3 times in the press conferences and interviews leading up to the fight, which I distinctly noticed when I heard each remark.

The Chris has to go back to being the 'All American', you know, drinking booze every week, going full out during BBQs and putting Mayo on everything.

Broken foot doesn't stop you from lifting with your upper body.

Someone above said it but it's likely a strategy to be faster than Luke and/or to avoid any ill effects of the IV ban. Either way I think it was on purpose... this whole broken foot thing. I don't buy it one bit.

Think about it. The guy has never thrown a spinning back kick in the ring before but he decides to do it with a broken foot?

Back