1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Weidman clearly a better fighter than jones

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ilwab, Jan 5, 2015.

1. JDB Brown Belt

Hilarious post TS.

2. killacali Yellow Belt

Man you an idiot I wish Segal would put you in his wrist lock and keep you from typing stupid shit.

3. KR811** Blue Belt

So if I use your logic basically everything you said about how Weidman is better than Jones is also void too?

Also from reading your posts again you actually think Seagal invented or trademarked the aikido wrist lock? Only on the Internet.

4. Reffson Brown Belt

Weidman's only two inches shorter but has a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage. The length of Jones legs and his ability to kick from outside Chris' range also must be considered. Jones' has a freakish striking range, more than most HW's.

Weight is another thing. Jones enters the ring at a very fast and fit 225 pounds or so. Weidman, probably around 200. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Even if the OP believes Chris is a better fighter, it doesn't mean he would beat Jones. Jones would bust him up.

5. ilwab Green Belt

well we can argue everything posted on this forum comes in to that category however i was referring to your particular hypothesis regarding a knockout v decision having a baring on the result of 2 fighters that have never faced each other.

Machida ko'd rashad evans, how do u think Jones would fair against him? ...OH WAIT!

6. killacali Yellow Belt

It's one thing not to like Jones and to be obsessed with him losing but to come up with wacky scenario with no facts or thought process is damn right embarrassing and you are making a fool out of yourself. If Chris was that good he would be a LHW not a MW their is a reason he fights at MW.

7. djacobox372 Gold Belt

Weidman is a 3 round fighter.

8. bzrkr Black Belt

Of course this had to be a white belt T/S...JBJ will elbow Weidman to death so he best stay in MW.

9. ilwab Green Belt

Don't hate because i havent been spending every waking hour on here since sept 07.

Go outside sometimes imo.

10. KR811** Blue Belt

And you were praising weidman for a close victory while discounting a sub victory from Jones against a younger better Machida.

Again how does Weidman piss on Jones ability when Weidman couldn't finish off Machida?

11. SherdogFan23 Brown Belt

I enjoy watching both of these fighters and definitely am no hater of either one. I don't see how Weidman "exceeds" Jones ability wise. They both have a lot of talent.

12. ilwab Green Belt

who gives a sh about praising, im merely pointing out how one thing this not have a baring on another, we can do this all day! Sigh!

13. Martial Fartist Orange Belt

you lost all credibility

14. Got GOAT Banned Banned

Jon does rely more on his size and physicality than Weidman does. This is true and blatantly obvious by Jon trying to milk his physicality, especially with his reach, as much as possible with his gameplans and strategizing (thanks to Greg Jackson). Weidman's footwork is far better than Jon's, it's excellent. Jon's is pretty awful. Weidman's understanding of distance is also better than Jon's (and, as a result, so is his range control). His timing is better than Jon's with both his striking and takedowns. He also sets his takedowns up better in the first place. Both are creative and utilize elbows, knees, kicks and punches. Weidman's boxing is certainly better than Jon's (offensively & defensively) and Jon still doesn't have the fundamentals down well yet.

I've been saying this since Chris beat Machida (which he did with a hairline fractured/broken hand). Jones is talented but he's not as talented. Too many people seem to think that it's the other way around because they don't know how to comparatively assess a fighter's actual skills and separate them from their physicality.

Then you don't really know what you're looking at or you do but are too biased in favor of Jones. Weidman does many things better than Jones, some of which I just mentioned above. And some of these things are quite significant.

Jones is talented but he does have more technical flaws than Weidman does.

15. KR811** Blue Belt

Like finishing machida.

16. ilwab Green Belt

Never knew credibility carried so much weight on an internet forum lolz but oooook!

17. KR811** Blue Belt

So you're not going to answer the question sigh.

18. ilwab Green Belt

youre a nice guy but i havent got time to answer every pointless question, im impressed with both fighters , jones win over lyoto was great and more dominant that weidmans but again that has no baring on what will happen if weidman fights jones.

imo

19. Klippy Purple Belt

delusional motherfucker right here..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

meanwhile..

[​IMG]

Bones would eat Weidman's food kiddo.

20. thx113x Purple Belt

Weidman moving up to 205 would be interesting, but he still has a lot left to prove at 185. I think it would be an interesting fight, but it will have to wait.