Weidman clearly a better fighter than jones

i watch the weidman / machida fight, chris is just something else, great footwork, artful wrestling (still the only living person to get out of segal wrist lock (no footage)), v dynamic fighter, v flexible , good kicks and his chin is good, uses leverage v well.

Man you an idiot I wish Segal would put you in his wrist lock and keep you from typing stupid shit.

im sorry but you are incredibly stupid if u believe jones finishing machida and chris going to a decision has a baring on a fight between chris v jones at the same weight.........sorry! you should know this. thats on a par with magical thinking, lemme guess, u dont walk under ladders either because u believe doing so will actually have a barring on your life, rofl!

they should take that yellow belt back imo!

So if I use your logic basically everything you said about how Weidman is better than Jones is also void too?

Also from reading your posts again you actually think Seagal invented or trademarked the aikido wrist lock? Only on the Internet.

Chris and Bones are pretty close in size, Weidman is a huge MW. I've yet to see anything from Chris that makes me think he's more skilled than Jones, and I love Chris.

Weidman's only two inches shorter but has a 6.5 inch reach disadvantage. The length of Jones legs and his ability to kick from outside Chris' range also must be considered. Jones' has a freakish striking range, more than most HW's.

Weight is another thing. Jones enters the ring at a very fast and fit 225 pounds or so. Weidman, probably around 200. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Even if the OP believes Chris is a better fighter, it doesn't mean he would beat Jones. Jones would bust him up.

So if I use your logic basically everything you said about how Weidman is better than Jones is also void too?

well we can argue everything posted on this forum comes in to that category however i was referring to your particular hypothesis regarding a knockout v decision having a baring on the result of 2 fighters that have never faced each other.

Machida ko'd rashad evans, how do u think Jones would fair against him? ...OH WAIT!

im sorry but you are incredibly stupid if u believe jones finishing machida and chris going to a decision has a baring on a fight between chris v jones at the same weight.........sorry! you should know this. thats on a par with magical thinking, lemme guess, u dont walk under ladders either because u believe doing so will actually have a barring on your life, rofl!

they should take that yellow belt back imo!

It's one thing not to like Jones and to be obsessed with him losing but to come up with wacky scenario with no facts or thought process is damn right embarrassing and you are making a fool out of yourself. If Chris was that good he would be a LHW not a MW their is a reason he fights at MW.

Of course this had to be a white belt T/S...JBJ will elbow Weidman to death so he best stay in MW.

Of course this had to be a white belt T/S...JBJ will elbow Weidman to death so he best stay in MW.

Don't hate because i havent been spending every waking hour on here since sept 07.

Go outside sometimes imo.

well we can argue everything posted on this forum comes in to that category however i was referring to your particular hypothesis regarding a knockout v decision having a baring on the result of 2 fighters that have never faced each other.

Machida ko'd rashad evans, how do u think Jones would fair against him? ...OH WAIT!

And you were praising weidman for a close victory while discounting a sub victory from Jones against a younger better Machida.

Again how does Weidman piss on Jones ability when Weidman couldn't finish off Machida?

Ive been following ufc for a few months now, watched every highlight video on youtube.

weidman p!sses on jones ability wise, all jones has is sheer size advantage over opponents.

Do some research.

I enjoy watching both of these fighters and definitely am no hater of either one. I don't see how Weidman "exceeds" Jones ability wise. They both have a lot of talent.

who gives a sh about praising, im merely pointing out how one thing this not have a baring on another, we can do this all day! Sigh!

Ive been following ufc for a few months now, watched every highlight video on youtube.

weidman p!sses on jones ability wise, all jones has is sheer size advantage over opponents.

Do some research.

you lost all credibility

Do some research.

Jon does rely more on his size and physicality than Weidman does. This is true and blatantly obvious by Jon trying to milk his physicality, especially with his reach, as much as possible with his gameplans and strategizing (thanks to Greg Jackson). Weidman's footwork is far better than Jon's, it's excellent. Jon's is pretty awful. Weidman's understanding of distance is also better than Jon's (and, as a result, so is his range control). His timing is better than Jon's with both his striking and takedowns. He also sets his takedowns up better in the first place. Both are creative and utilize elbows, knees, kicks and punches. Weidman's boxing is certainly better than Jon's (offensively & defensively) and Jon still doesn't have the fundamentals down well yet.

I've been saying this since Chris beat Machida (which he did with a hairline fractured/broken hand). Jones is talented but he's not as talented. Too many people seem to think that it's the other way around because they don't know how to comparatively assess a fighter's actual skills and separate them from their physicality.

Chris and Bones are pretty close in size, Weidman is a huge MW. I've yet to see anything from Chris that makes me think he's more skilled than Jones, and I love Chris.

Then you don't really know what you're looking at or you do but are too biased in favor of Jones. Weidman does many things better than Jones, some of which I just mentioned above. And some of these things are quite significant.

Jones is talented but he does have more technical flaws than Weidman does.

Then you don't really know what you're looking at or you do but are too biased in favor of Jones. Weidman does many things better than Jones, some of which I just mentioned above. And some of these things are quite significant.

Jones is talented but he does have more technical flaws than Weidman does.

Like finishing machida.

who gives a sh about praising, im merely pointing out how one thing this not have a baring on another, we can do this all day! Sigh!

So you're not going to answer the question sigh.

youre a nice guy but i havent got time to answer every pointless question, im impressed with both fighters , jones win over lyoto was great and more dominant that weidmans but again that has no baring on what will happen if weidman fights jones.

imo

Weidman does many things better than Jones

delusional motherfucker right here..

tumblr_n8alq1cGZ21qaa8d1o2_250.gif

uhFpq3h.gif

ezgif-4219861405.gif

meanwhile..

jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

Bones would eat Weidman's food kiddo.

Weidman moving up to 205 would be interesting, but he still has a lot left to prove at 185. I think it would be an interesting fight, but it will have to wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back