Weidman clearly a better fighter than jones

For me it was the follow up troll post about McGregor just in case the OP was not high enough quality trolling:

I was doing my best:p

Ok so my opening post was not to be taken too seriously HOWEVER I am a big chris fan and believe he has the tools to beat jones, its his overall brilliance along near perfect balance and winning mentality over jones SIZE.

I would like to state that i obv think jones is a great fighter, abs one of the best bit i believe this is based on size/reach advantage over smaller opponents, this isnt his fault tbh and its great if youre him and horrible if youre against him but i feel hes somewhat avoiding hw if he does not go up soon and this is where he will be tested imo, might still win and wouldnt surprise me but he needs to do this. id also like to see the weidman fight obv.

night night

If Vitor catches Weidman with a couple of shots like that early on, lights out.

None of those shots landed clean. Chris made some mistakes in the Machida fight, particularly while kicking and then eating a punch. Don't expect him to have that same problem against Vitor because he'll address it. Other than that, his striking defense is much better than Jon's. He went 5 rounds with an extremely motivated Machida and left with some welts, bruises and a black eye. Once you get past Jon's extended arm and circling away he's very hittable. His last 3 fights show that.

Him saying Jones would be a 10/1 favorite is funny shit and couldn't be further from the truth. Though all you need to do is look at his avatar to see how he thinks... "Bones KNOWS Victory"

You have very good taste in fighters though, I must say, and you apparently have an eye for technical ability. McGregor and Weidman are two of my favorites as well. I recognize and acknowledge their skills often on here.

Ty, yes weidman and conor are my fav fighters, its like watching barcelona play football when these 2 enter the ring, artistry , technique, brilliance , and just v exciting fighters to watch. no fighter is unbeatable and jones will meet his match at some stage, hes long rangy and strong and the lhw roster are finding it hard except gus. interesting the first guy he fights or equal size causes him serious probs and arguably beat him in some peoples eyes, size is a v important factor in the jones story so far imo not to take away from him being a great fighter but he doesnt excite me like chris and conor, i dont care if hes unbeaten and champ etc etc, so what, the DC fight was boring as f and i was really trying to enjoy it.

Ty, yes weidman and conor are my fav fighters, its like watching barcelona play football when these 2 enter the ring, artistry , technique, brilliance , and just v exciting fighters to watch. no fighter is unbeatable and jones will meet his match at some stage, hes long rangy and strong and the lhw roster are finding it hard except gus. interesting the first guy he fights or equal size causes him serious probs and arguably beat him in some peoples eyes, size is a v important factor in the jones story so far imo not to take away from him being a great fighter but he doesnt excite me like chris and conor, i dont care if hes unbeaten and champ etc etc, so what, the DC fight was boring as f and i was really trying to enjoy it.

Cool. Weidman and Conor are in my Top 3 favorites with Gustafsson being in there to complete the list. Though I was a Gustafsson fan before them both, and years before he fought and beat up Jones. He's gotten a lot of new fans since that battle with Jon obviously. All three of them are technically very skilled fighters, with Gustafsson nowadays using his length and reach better than he did a couple years ago. He's really coming full circle now.

Gus has the best Chance of beating JBJ. He has the four key tools needed to negate Jon's strengths. The size/frame, footwork, striking technique, and take down defense. Weidman although great would get UD'd at best, and finished and destroyed at worst. Most likely the former depending on who wins the wrestling battle, (I bet the house on Jon). The size reach advantage would be too much. I actually like Weidman and hope he does not go up, to give JJ another straight forward notch on his resume.

Gus has the best Chance of beating JBJ. He has the four key tools needed to negate Jon's strengths. The size/frame, footwork, striking technique, and take down defense. Weidman although great would get UD'd at best, and finished and destroyed at worst. Most likely the former depending on who wins the wrestling battle, (I bet the house on Jon). The size reach advantage would be too much. I actually like Weidman and hope he does not go up, to give JJ another straight forward notch on his resume.

Jon definitely seems to have a harder time taking down guys his size that are strong. Gustafsson was the first guy to show this (Jon only got 1/11 TDs & couldn't keep him down), Glover showed it a bit (Jon got 3/6) and he couldn't keep him down either, and DC did well since two of Jon's takedowns were the same double snatch, one after the other in order to score points.

Weidman would be an interesting challenge for Jon. I'm quite sure he'd be able to take him down but I wouldn't bet he can do it with any kind of frequency. Weidman has 100% TDD in the UFC and most of his opponents don't even think about shooting, Lyoto didn't try for a TD either. He controls range well and pushes the pace while pressuring them. If he could get Jon to respect his striking and/or power then he'd be able to dictate where the fight goes on the feet and neutralize several of Jon's more potent weapons (Jon just started showing he can fight off his back foot against DC).

Jon definitely seems to have a harder time taking down guys his size that are strong. Gustafsson was the first guy to show this (Jon only got 1/11 TDs & couldn't keep him down), Glover showed it a bit (Jon got 3/6) and he couldn't keep him down either, and DC did well since two of Jon's takedowns were the same double snatch, one after the other in order to score points.

Weidman would be an interesting challenge for Jon. I'm quite sure he'd be able to take him down but I wouldn't bet he can do it with any kind of frequency. Weidman has 100% TDD in the UFC and most of his opponents don't even think about shooting, Lyoto didn't try for a TD either. He controls range well and pushes the pace while pressuring them. If he could get Jon to respect his striking and/or power then he'd be able to dictate where the fight goes on the feet and neutralize several of Jon's more potent weapons (Jon just started showing he can fight off his back foot against DC).

Too my recollection Cormier had 100 percent TDD as well. At best I think the wrestling between the two would be a wash. But I would not be surprised if Jon dominated the wrestling match similar to what happened to Cormier. But I'll use the best case scenario, which is the wash. If this happens we have a smaller man with a big reach disadvantage trying to close the distance on a bigger man with a Very smart and dynamic striking game. Weidman would have to do what Cormier attempted to do or get picked apart on the outside. I picked Cormier to win against Jones because I thought he could push Jon against the fence and lean on him. But to my Surprise Jon dominated that position and wore Cormier down. ( a natural HW) Chris has no answer for this.

I answered every question and regard to 'you have nothing' ROFL, get a grip on yourself, youre on a internet forum talking about a thus far mythical fight and I can see steam coming out of your ears! ffs calm the f down!

I thought you said you didn't have time to answer my questions. You answered nothing.

Back