We should appreciate Conor as we appreciated BJ Penn.

Conor is the closest thing to BJ we'll see for a long time. People who can't see or appreciate that are fuckin idiots.

Conor is the closest thing to BJ we'll see for a long time. People who can't see or appreciate that are fuckin idiots.

Not close enough to start this conversation

That was when sherdog wasn't ruined my people whoring themselves out for "likes" on here. They will follow what everyone says in fear of someone not liking their post. McGregor is very entertaining and should be appreciated. If he beats Diaz all these fakes will jump on his dick again watch.
Weak attempt at getting a like tbh.

We give BJ praise for being a finisher, jumping up in weight, anybody anytime mentality, being LW GOAT until recently people are making other claims here and there. Everyone looks past all his losses at WW, MW, HW because he was willing to do it.

His LW record was 12-3, losing to Edgar twice and avenging Pulver loss.

Conor is very similar in those aspects. He goes up in weight, accepts short notice fights, is a finisher, and is a hell of a FW. So if Conor goes back to FW and defends a few more times, is he FW GOAT?

His FW record is 16-1 with his only FW loss being his FW debut.

Bj is what they call "a well round mixed martial artist". Conor has a boxing/dirty dancing based style

You shut your whore mouth ts.

Don't degrade BJ's name mentioning it so close to Conor's.

That's not true, though. They are bigger athletes but not more skilled than the featherweights. LW is deeper but at the top it's pretty even with FW. And don't fool yourself, Conor is a tough opponent for anyone at 145/155.

No actually, he's not. He's actually quite an easy opponent for many guys at 155. The tough opponents are for Conor. He would have a tough time getting around Pettis and Barbosa who aren't even top 5 fighters. He doesn't have the size or height advantage in that division and well...he's simply not as good as fighters at 155.

And 145 is just as good as 155? If that's the case then why didn't Conor go into the 155 division when he got in the UFC instead of killing himself with the weight cut? Why do fighters regularly drop from 155 to go to 145, but not the other way around?

I think you and I both know the answer to that question.

oh ok buddy, u got a man crush on mousasi lmao.."fight like a girl" lol
ohtu.png

BJ and Conor are from two completely different worlds. If Conor defends his title at 145 and continues his run, then we can talk.

Until then

Oh my goodness, you're my new favorite even though its way to early in the morning for you to be making me cry like that. Ryan and Marissa forever.

4217.jpg

Oh my goodness, you're my new favorite even though its way to early in the morning for you to be making me cry like that. Ryan and Marissa forever.

4217.jpg

Best show to ever air on television. Lets be BFFs.

Fights from FW all the way up to open weight, belts at lw and ww.

Hard to match. None are close

We give BJ praise for being a finisher, jumping up in weight, anybody anytime mentality, being LW GOAT until recently people are making other claims here and there. Everyone looks past all his losses at WW, MW, HW because he was willing to do it.

His LW record was 12-3, losing to Edgar twice and avenging Pulver loss.

Conor is very similar in those aspects. He goes up in weight, accepts short notice fights, is a finisher, and is a hell of a FW. So if Conor goes back to FW and defends a few more times, is he FW GOAT?

His FW record is 16-1 with his only FW loss being his FW debut.

stop-whining.gif

No actually, he's not. He's actually quite an easy opponent for many guys at 155. The tough opponents are for Conor. He would have a tough time getting around Pettis and Barbosa who aren't even top 5 fighters. He doesn't have the size or height advantage in that division and well...he's simply not as good as fighters at 155.

And 145 is just as good as 155? If that's the case then why didn't Conor go into the 155 division when he got in the UFC instead of killing himself with the weight cut? Why do fighters regularly drop from 155 to go to 145, but not the other way around?

I think you and I both know the answer to that question.

Them being tough opponents for Conor doesn't mean that Conor isn't a tough opponent for them.

Conor debuted as a FW because that's what he was offered by the UFC. There are guys like Poirier and Edgar who have shown that there isn't a huge skill gap between FW and LW.

It's a good comparison but it will fall on deaf ears. Namely because Conor has a serious mouth on him and rubs many people up the wrong way.
I think he's virtually unbeatable at featherweight and he should have stayed there .

This coming from a dedicated BJ hater... Conor isn't even in the same league as Penn. Let's see him defend the belt even once before starting to talk about this kind of garbage.

• First American to ever win the World Jiu Jitsu Championship
  • The second man to win UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) titles in two different weight categories (lightweight & welterweight).
  • One of the fastest men to achieve the rank of black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ( 3 years and 4 months).
bj-penn-jumps-out-of-3-pool-o.gif

Case closed.
Well said, THIS.

Well I've never appreciated BJ, I think he's a cheat, a cry baby, and one of the most overrated fighters ever.

BJ 170 & 155 champ

Conor holds up 145 division after getting smashed by a 155'er.

Bj also reigned at 155.

/thread

Back