We should appreciate Conor as we appreciated BJ Penn.

as soon as conor puts on 50lbs and fights machida at HW let me know

BJ isn't an ego maniac who gets upset when given a dose of his own medicine.

What I am saying is..Aldo defended the belt 7 times..That is more than a few times.

What Conor does outside his weightclass,has nothing to do with what he does in it...

BJ Penn has also defended his title more times than Conor. Even his record has yet to be broken.

(tied many times but not broken.)

Basically Conor has a lot of work to do...

My point was can everyone look past his losses at higher weightclasses the same as we did with BJ.

If Conor were to defend 3 times, inwould consider his FW career a bigger success than BJs LW career.

We cant appreciate him the same way yet, because BJ earned his appreciation in a way Conor hasnt.

- BJ defended his UFC title numerous times, Conor never has

- When BJ jumped up in weight, he won the title, Conor hasnt

You cant compare them yet. Conor has to earn it.

If Conor got 3 title defenses, the same as BJ, could you look past Conors losses at higher weightclasses as everyone did with BJ whenever people called him LW GOAT.

there would be also a possibility of humiliation that Conor never faced before

Not at all. Losing to Nate is much more embarrassing than losing to RDA.

Plus i still think Conor is a bad match up for him.

Fights from FW all the way up to open weight, belts at lw and ww.

Hard to match. None are close

You must not have read the OP or any of my other posts in this thread.

When Conor shows himself to be a true lover of the burrito...then maybe I'll think about it.

Yes but in my post i said if he went back to 145 and defended the belt several times. If he defeated Aldo 2, Holloway 2, and had a third defense all in brutal donimant fashion.

Would you consider him FW GOAT? Why or why not

I don't like to waste my time on hypothetical situations that may or probably may not ever happen.

When I do though, I will spent it pondering what I am going to do when a bunch of Victoria Secret models ride into my yard nude, on the back of unicorns, carrying large bags of cannabis and crates of snarggleboggs to give to me.

Yes but in my post i said if he went back to 145 and defended the belt several times. If he defeated Aldo 2, Holloway 2, and had a third defense all in brutal donimant fashion.

Would you consider him FW GOAT? Why or why not
That's a lot of ifs. Also loosing to nate again at 170 who is a true 55er isn't going to help keep him in the same breath as BJ. BJ fought in the ufc or outside again some of the best at the time. McGregor fought somewhere else against those guys that now work construction jobs in Ireland

I don't like to waste my time on hypothetical situations that may or probably may not ever happen.

When I do though, I will spent it pondering what I am going to do when a bunch of Victoria Secret models ride into my yard nude, on the back of unicorns, carrying large bags of cannabis and crates of snarggleboggs to give to me.

How unlikely is it that he beats Aldo AGAIN, Holloway AGAIN, and beats a third challenger? Not very unlikely.

So the 'youre basing this on a bunch of what ifs' or the 'probably wont happen' response isnt really valid considering its very likely.

That's a lot of ifs. Also loosing to nate again at 170 who is a true 55er isn't going to help keep him in the same breath as BJ. BJ fought in the ufc or outside again some of the best at the time. McGregor fought somewhere else against those guys that now work construction jobs in Ireland

Alot of very possible ifs.

How unlikely is it that he beats Aldo again, Holloway again, and a third challenger.

Its not super unlikely, its actually a very likely possibility.

BJ fought bigger guys on a constant basis. Conor cuts 30 pounds to fight smaller guys on a constant basis. They're complete opposite.

That's not true, though. They are bigger athletes but not more skilled than the featherweights. LW is deeper but at the top it's pretty even with FW. And don't fool yourself, Conor is a tough opponent for anyone at 145/155.

Might have something to do with Rory toying around with your boy.

Rory+MacDonald+Poorly+Ali+Shuffles+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Way to not really address my point, signifying Connie is definitely your boy, lol.

How unlikely is it that he beats Aldo AGAIN, Holloway AGAIN, and beats a third challenger? Not very unlikely.

So the 'youre basing this on a bunch of what ifs' or the 'probably wont happen' response isnt really valid considering its very likely.

No. More like you saying "What if this and that happens, will he be the GOAT?"

Get the fuck over Conor. There is no way to tell if he will be the featherweight GOAT or not....UNTIL UNTIL UNTIL he starts fighting at featherweight again.

He may just vacate the title and move up in weight anyway.

BJ had some BJJ skills

and actually won 2 belts

connor is another story....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back