We should appreciate Conor as we appreciated BJ Penn.

bambammccoy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We give BJ praise for being a finisher, jumping up in weight, anybody anytime mentality, being LW GOAT until recently people are making other claims here and there. Everyone looks past all his losses at WW, MW, HW because he was willing to do it.

His LW record was 12-3, losing to Edgar twice and avenging Pulver loss.

Conor is very similar in those aspects. He goes up in weight, accepts short notice fights, is a finisher, and is a hell of a FW. So if Conor goes back to FW and defends a few more times, is he FW GOAT?

His FW record is 16-1 with his only FW loss being his FW debut.

BJ defended the belt 3 times. Conor is terrified of losing at 145 because he won't have any pull anymore.

Aldo is the FW GOAT. Using actual logic will reveal that...

Regardless of the paragraphs people will type around here...

Most of them don't care for, or about Penn and his accomplishments.

Also, Penn did things Conor can only dream of.

BJ defended the belt 3 times. Conor is terrified of losing at 145 because he won't have any pull anymore.

Yes but in my post i said if he went back to 145 and defended the belt several times. If he defeated Aldo 2, Holloway 2, and had a third defense all in brutal donimant fashion.

Would you consider him FW GOAT? Why or why not

BJ never killed himself to make 155. Everyone he fought higher than 155 were better fighters than Nate withth the exception of the Gracies.

Conor doesn't have an argument over Aldo or Faber for alltime at FW. BJ did and still does @ LW.

@ LW BJ had 8 or 9 top 10 wins including 5 or 6 top 5 wins. Most thought he beat Frankie the 1st time too.

Conor has 3 top 10 wins and 2 top 5 wins.

The only similarity is they both beat a top P4P guy but BJ did it a weight up.

And Conor has yet to fight an opponent who has outsized him to the degree alot of ppl BJ fought did.

Yes but in my post i said if he went back to 145 and defended the belt several times. If he defeated Aldo 2, Holloway 2, and had a third defense all in brutal donimant fashion.

Would you consider him FW GOAT? Why or why not

Well if RDA didnt pull out there was a pssibility he would have as well.

Youre saying we should appreciate Conor in a similar manner to BJ yet you're basing alot of Conors case on whatifs when BJ actually done it.

Youre saying we should appreciate Conor in a similar manner to BJ yet you're basing alot of Conors case on whatifs when BJ actually done it.

Completely disregard the RDA fight comment.

How unlikely is it that Conor defeats Aldo someone he has already beaten, Holloway someone he has already beaten, and a 3rd time?

It doesnt seem like such an unlikely what if.

If Conor got 3 title defenses just as BJ did, would you consider him FW GOAT why or why not.

Dude BJ Penn choked out a Prime Matt Hughes with less than 10 pro fights under his belt. He was the most dominant lightweight champ of all time and is one of two men to hold a UFC championship in two different divisions.

Conor is very talented and is still young but he has yet to defend his belt one time. Give him time before comparing him to an all time great fighter like BJ Penn.

<mma4>

Already beaten 1 & 3 and has the most knockouts in the history of the division.

Edgar's the only unanswered question really.

I dont know what i said that that made you think i implied otherwise?
What I am saying is..Aldo defended the belt 7 times..That is more than a few times.

What Conor does outside his weightclass,has nothing to do with what he does in it...

BJ Penn has also defended his title more times than Conor. Even his record has yet to be broken.

(tied many times but not broken.)

Basically Conor has a lot of work to do...

That was when sherdog wasn't ruined my people whoring themselves out for "likes" on here. They will follow what everyone says in fear of someone not liking their post. McGregor is very entertaining and should be appreciated. If he beats Diaz all these fakes will jump on his dick again watch.

Comparing Conor to BJ? Did I get caught in a pre-Nate time warp or something?

Penn was one of the most skilled fighter ever just a lazy mofo or would be goat. Conor has like 1 skill he excels at.

Penn actually proved himself before jumping around.

Naw man very different situation.

If Conor actually fought Edgar when he was supposed to I'd have much more respect for him jumping all over our UFC LW for RDA. His Diaz loss doesn't even bother me. It's just that he didnt pay his dues neither in division or @ LW.

Last edited:
Regardless of the paragraphs people will type around here...

Most of them don't care for, or about Penn and his accomplishments.

Also, Penn did things Conor can only dream of.

If Conor wins the belt at LW he wouldn't be far from BJ in terms of accomplishments.

Back