Relationship We need that money. That's all the money we had, Karen!!!

How do you and your partner handle finances?

• We are poor and don't have bank accounts.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
fuck-that-steve-buscemi.gif

My money is my money. But I'm poor and single so idk it doesn't matter

Single but I'd never share an account with anyone. Not happening.

My wife and I have a joint checking and savings account. Really don't see the need for separate accounts. We've been married for almost 15 years, would seem silly to me to still have separate accounts

We have joint accounts but I also have a separate corporate account.

My wife works and is not an idiot.

Corporate account is for tax purposes as a contractor.

We don't do joint accounts. We know what bills we each have to pay and then I don't give a fuck what she spends her money on. But she isn't an idiot who spends above her means. Because I earn more I have a savings account for emergencies like vet bills etc.

Last edited:
Wife and I have been together 42 years. We have joint accounts, she handles the bills, and hasn't worked for over 30 years. It's all good!

Wife & I have separate accounts. Both of us already had a bunch of accounts for business & investment reasons and neither of us wanted to open up yet another account just because we got married.

I have my money she has her money. I pay a set of bills and she pays her set. We pretty much split the expenses on everything

Common account for bills, savings, vacation and discretionary. Each put 50% of our net pay into that. Then each have personal accounts for our own purchases and interests

All joint but also seperate accounts to pay bills. We each have access to it all. We had nothing when we opened them 25 years ago. So everything is equal. I always made more but she contributed more to 401ks and did health care.

Our accounts are separate and unequal

I take our income as a percent of the total and multiply by the bills. I pay 70% she pays 30. Just divvy up the hills as close as you can get it

Picked option 2, but we also have a fourth acct which we both contribute to but don't touch & requires both signatures for any transactions.

Back