Relationship We need that money. That's all the money we had, Karen!!!

How do you and your partner handle finances?

• We are poor and don't have bank accounts.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was having a discussion with a few guys at work and the topic of finances came up. The two guys I work with do not have their own accounts, and all their money goes into one account they share with their wife. This blows me away. Now, my money is available for my wife, but I would never want to exclusively have accounts linked together. We have a joint account that we deal with bills on, and each of us have our own checking and savings account. I'm wondering what my Sherbros think of this.

I can see if you were a controlling husband, the "all-money-in-one-account" approach makes a bit of sense. It allows you to monitor all behavior, but that's a double-edged sword in my opinion. I like having my wife be able to do as she pleases once the bills are paid. I handle all the investments with her as the sole beneficiary and it works for us.

What say you, Sherbros!!!! Do you have separate accounts from your wife/partner, or do you pool all your money in one set of accounts???

giphy.webp

Picked the third on, because the missus and I don't have a joint account, and I have cash saved at home.

She works, I work, we can both save, so we have our own accounts and are fine with it.

Picked the third on, because the missus and I don't have a joint account, and I have cash saved at home.

She works, I work, we can both save, so we have our own accounts and are fine with it.

Oh. Maybe the choices need tweaking. Pics of wife?

We have a joint account, it has about $3 in it. Only reason is it was a condition of the mortgage.

We have separate accounts and I pay for pretty much everything in the house except Netflix , Amazon Prime and a health plan. I do make more money than her and she is better at saving than I am so it makes sense and if I need any she transfers it or pays for stuff no question.

I was having a discussion with a few guys at work and the topic of finances came up. The two guys I work with do not have their own accounts, and all their money goes into one account they share with their wife. This blows me away. Now, my money is available for my wife, but I would never want to exclusively have accounts linked together. We have a joint account that we deal with bills on, and each of us have our own checking and savings account. I'm wondering what my Sherbros think of this.

I can see if you were a controlling husband, the "all-money-in-one-account" approach makes a bit of sense. It allows you to monitor all behavior, but that's a double-edged sword in my opinion. I like having my wife be able to do as she pleases once the bills are paid. I handle all the investments with her as the sole beneficiary and it works for us.

What say you, Sherbros!!!! Do you have separate accounts from your wife/partner, or do you pool all your money in one set of accounts???

giphy.webp

None of the above. I'm single but not even remotely lonely :cool:

giphy.webp
Even before we lived together we had a joint account. If we want something, we buy it.

There have been obvious times I haven't been able to work, there have been times when I was making mental bank and he wasn't working. It's OUR money.

We've been doing this for 21 years and never a problem. Our best friends in VA when we went out f'lunch were saying about how he would get this one because she was a bit short. WHAT? You're a partnership.

I take back before we lived together with a joint account. But we didn't have this is my money and when you spend it all that's that. Not since literally 2000.

Doesn't matter now but there was a guy here telling me I shouldn't even go out to eat with my husband because he's successful and I didn't pay my way enough. Like he should go out on his own because I didn't deserve to be in his company.

Doesn't matter now but there was a guy here telling me I shouldn't even go out to eat with my husband because he's successful and I didn't pay my way enough. Like he should go out on his own because I didn't deserve to be in his company.

He was probably just messing with you.

My missus and I keep separate accounts, but we've helped eachother, and treated eachother many times over the years. I kept her going when she went bankrupt and was frozen out of her bank account, she paid full for our deposit when we had to quickly move flats and I didn't have enough for my half. We both have treated eachother many times over the years.

Two people having control over their own finances shouldn't stop one from doing things with their significant other.

Back