Relationship We need that money. That's all the money we had, Karen!!!

How do you and your partner handle finances?

• We are poor and don't have bank accounts.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We have separate accounts. I have a CC I give my wife to charge things like groceries and things like that. I pay it off every pay check. My wife just pays me a flat amount per paycheck that we agreed upon for all bills. She doesn't make nearly as much as I do.

I have no interest in combining accounts and neither does she.

Separate accounts and joint account for bills is the way to go for me. I spend my money how I want and she does the same.

Wife and I have been together 42 years. We have joint accounts, she handles the bills, and hasn't worked for over 30 years. It's all good!
Happy wife happy life
No other way if your in marriage

How u gonna try to insult the "suckers" who share accounts when u can't trust ur own wife with ur money?

<36>

I was having a discussion with a few guys at work and the topic of finances came up. The two guys I work with do not have their own accounts, and all their money goes into one account they share with their wife. This blows me away. Now, my money is available for my wife, but I would never want to exclusively have accounts linked together. We have a joint account that we deal with bills on, and each of us have our own checking and savings account. I'm wondering what my Sherbros think of this.

I can see if you were a controlling husband, the "all-money-in-one-account" approach makes a bit of sense. It allows you to monitor all behavior, but that's a double-edged sword in my opinion. I like having my wife be able to do as she pleases once the bills are paid. I handle all the investments with her as the sole beneficiary and it works for us.

What say you, Sherbros!!!! Do you have separate accounts from your wife/partner, or do you pool all your money in one set of accounts???

giphy.webp

was gonna like but cant because of the gross old man gif

agreed that accounts should be seperste with a few shared. But a general guideline for personal purchases should be established.

Say dude gets a tshirt and vinyl and gets shit on but the gal spends $300 on sephora every month. Not fair lady! Dude needs to be able to bro stuff within limits and without bitchins if the chica is throwing cabbage on superficialities.

would never have a beer with..

just like the “no regrets guy”

You trying to say he'd be exhausting and end up receiving calls and texts from his wife the entire time and then have to whisper his nicknames for her and then try to defend that he wears the pants but she has a high body count from college and still has many male friends that have boundary issues and she also sells Herbalife or some other MLM bullshit and she has a sign in the kitchen that says "Blessed" and she also has a bumper sticker with a stick family wearing Disney Mickey Mouse ears on her car and he also takes pictures with her wearing matching shirts, or nah?

You trying to say he'd be exhausting and end up receiving calls and texts from his wife the entire time and then have to whisper his nicknames for her and then try to defend that he wears the pants but she has a high body count from college and still has many male friends that have boundary issues and she also sells Herbalife or some other MLM bullshit and she has a sign in the kitchen that says "Blessed" and she also has a bumper sticker with a stick family wearing Disney Mickey Mouse ears on her car and he also takes pictures with her wearing matching shirts, or nah?

See what I mean,

it was annoying having to read through your description of the matter. But could you imagine trying sit there, having a beer and trying to relax well having him describe it to you.

See what I mean,

it was annoying having to read through your description of the matter. But could you imagine trying sit there, having a beer and trying to relax well having him describe it to you.

Oh, I was annoyed typing it as I've met that man a few times. This fucking guy had Thing 1 and Thing 2 matching Christmas sweaters on a Christmas card with...get this...a Thing 3 sweater on their dog. Divorced in two years. Fuck off.

Oh, I was annoyed typing it as I've met that man a few times. This fucking guy had Thing 1 and Thing 2 matching Christmas sweaters on a Christmas card with...get this...a Thing 3 sweater on their dog. Divorced in two years. Fuck off.

see,

NO BEERS FOR YOU!

I'm single. So I have my account, my cats account, and my dogs account. I'm the one paying the bills though the fuckers.

GF have an agreement. Everything that we had previous to our relationship is to each (which benefits me because I had more money than her).
All we earned after being moving together is 50/50. Currently she makes about 20% more than me fwiw.

We don't ask for permission to small expenses but whenever one of us wants to buy something "expensive" (let's say around 5% of our monthly income or more) just ask the other person if it is ok. It is usually her since I don't spend money on anything... she kind of has to force me into buying new clothes once at year lol.

Our 2023 plan is simple:
50% of our income goes to investment. I'm the one handling it through an investment account to my name.
1% gets donated. That is up to her. We have been sending money to the shelter we got our 2 cats from.
49% is to pay rent, bills and basically live.

I do think it has a lot to do with what kind of person the other is. In our case we are not too attached to money.

Edit: We have separated accounts.

My wife and I had a joint account before we were married. We were saving up for a house. Bought the house and married.

Now we have 3 joint accounts

Checking
Emergency funds
Fun money

We both have everything we want and are just having fun living life. It has never been an issue

Back