We need another Anderson Silva

No kidding. This is still my favorite Fedor clip. This video showcases why so many people still consider Fedor the GOAT, and it got me into Tool all in one shot.

Fuck he was so quick and sure with his graplling/ chaning of positions. It was like, no matter what position he was in he could grasp his whole FUCKING BODY as if it were his arm/hand with the same control.

What silva did wasn´t just winning it was HOW he did it, his UNIQUE style that we know both Uriah Hall and JBJ has tried to adapt, but not really managed to do the same. With silva it felt so instinctive, which is why even today with a much better roster he´d do the same again. They really are not that much different, they´re overall much better but it wouldn´t stop Silva from doing these things again.

The two fights he had thaty pissed Dana white off was ver annoying yes, sa shame he didn´t just finish Maia, but he said something about he wanted to humilate him. ALos heard that he wanted to finish Chael on the ground so he did.

really everyone is talking about who the best is, but look at a guy like silva who does it for fun, who supports JBJ saying he needs to get his life together but he´s a good guy and just has some issues. Who inpisred Uriah Hall when he was nervous on his fight, and hopefully we´ll see Khalil as he´s trained with Silva and Silva said he´ll be champ or something like that can´t remmeber.

But its true we´´might never see a guy like Silva. He truly in my and many other peoples eyes are the Muhammed Ali of MMA. Noone even comes close.
JBJ is dominant but he doesn´t have the unique style, he has the overall better body though much better reach.
GSP was dominant but lacked finishes, and that definitely contributes to how good you are if you don´t finish them imo.
MM has yet to go up in weight and succeed.

Fedor and Silva were something truly special, and Fedor heavyweight so dominant thats crazy.
But because they keep fighting and lose their aura of invincibility many seem to think the other champs are much better.

I strongly believe that if Silva was 10 years younger he´d do the same he did back then now.
My only concern for Silva is his lack of not listening to his corners and fucking around. But hey when you´re that good who can blame you? Who wouldn´t? But his corner screamed at him to be serious in the Weidman fight. Such a shame to go out like THAT...

But truly no dominant champs even remotely gives you the feeling Silva did, its just how he did it and his uniqye style thats so fascinating, aswell as his mindgames the respect people had for him. Says alot how Cormier fought and how much respects him. That loss to Cormier was a win in my eyes, what a danger and fight he put up and didnt get finished.

Oh and lastly, he also sort of "invented" the front kick that so many people keeps trying to copy, but he was the only truly succesful with it, and eh did it again against Bisping once or twice. And that reverse elbow KO he had, that was some trick he had seen that he wanted to try..for fun. And he used it against both bisping and cormier, it missed sure. But man that is FUN. So deadly, so happy. As CW put it, when Anderson Silva is happy and when he´s playing, thats where he´s the most dangerous.

AS will for me always be the Muhammed Ali of MMA.

Last edited:
Ya I gotta agree, Silva is the greatest in my opinion not just because of statistics, but the way he did it.

In the end, that should be more important.

You dumb fucks keep sleeping on this guy and I don't understand why

Maybe cause beating Tito Ortiz hasn't meant anything since 1999, and the rest of his record is part timers and English cab drivers.

This dude has no place in this conversation.

What silva did wasn´t just winning it was HOW he did it, his UNIQUE style that we know both Uriah Hall and JBJ has tried to adapt, but not really managed to do the same. With silva it felt so instinctive, which is why even today with a much better roster he´d do the same again. They really are not that much different, they´re overall much better but it wouldn´t stip Silva from doing these things again.

The two fights he had thaty pissed Dana white off was ver annoying yes, sa shame he didn´t just finish Maia, but he said something about he wanted to humilate him. ALos heard that he wanted to finish Chael on the ground so he did.

really everyone is talking about who the best is, but look at a guy like silva who does it for fun, who supports JBJ saying he needs to get his life together but he´s a good guy and just has some issues. Who inpisred Uriah Hall when he was nervous on his fight, and hopefully we´ll see Khalil as he´s trained with Silva and Silva said he´ll be champ or something like that can´t remmeber.

But its true we´´might never see a guy like Silva. He truly in my and many other peoples eyes are the Muhammed Ali of MMA. Noone even comes close.
JBJ is dominant but he doesn´t have the unique style, he has the overall better body though much better reach.
GSP was dominant but lacked finishes, and that definitely contributes to how good you are if you don´t finish them imo.
MM has yet to go up in weight and succeed.

Fedor and Silva were something truly special, and Fedor heavyweight so dominant thats crazy.
But because they keep fighting and lose their aura of invincibility many seem to think the other champs are much better.

I strongly believe that if Silva was 10 years younger he´d do the same he did back then now.
My only concern for Silva is his lack of not listening to his corners and fucking around. But hey when you´re that good who can blame you? Who wouldn´t? But his corner screamed at him to be serious in the Weidman fight. Such a shame to go out like THAT...

But truly no dominant champs even remotely gives you the feeling Silva did, its just how he did it and his uniqye style thats so fascinating, aswell as his mindgames the respect people had for him. Says alot how Cormier fought and how much respects him. That loss to Cormier was a win in my eyes, what a danger and fight he put up and didnt get finished.

More of this, less "he only was so good because of peds lololol they robotically programmed him to think"

Maybe cause beating Tito Ortiz hasn't meant anything since 1999, and the rest of his record is part timers and English cab drivers.

I'll bet you my left ass that he'll starch Jon Jones and Anderson Silva on the same night.

haha, harsh.

Got potential though. But yeah, these guys that go on big streaks in Bellator... meh. Compared to UFC aint all that , but still fairly impressive.

I miss that feeling when Anderson was about to fight, imagining how he was going to clown his opponent.

Why aren't the other 423423 guys on PEDs doing the same thing they are?

*sigh*

This right here. Some folks here try to write off his entire career with their one-note replies ("lol PEDs"), but those are the same people who believe that a large part of the roster are also on PEDs. But let's take what we know for sure: Anderson's greatest moments, his most often posted GIFs, are against people who were confirmed to also be on PEDs (or TRT, at the very least) - Vitor, Chael, Irvin, Forrest, and ... I'm not sure who else, I'm losing track. But the point is this: If you want to try and paint Anderson as a lifetime cheater, then you have to include his opponents as well, which more or less evens the playing field.

In any case, I don't think we'll ever see another fighter quite like him, just as there will only ever be one Muhammad Ali.

So stupid.
Ok. Because a guy who was winning but wasnt dropping jaws all of a sudden goes on a crazy tear, and the first time he gets randomly tested, he fails a test and hasnt won since. Sounds stupid.

Fuck he was so quick and sure with his graplling/ chaning of positions. It was like, no matter what position he was in he could grasp his whole FUCKING BODY as if it were his arm/hand with the same control.

No kidding. How a HW moved like that at the time, still unreal to see. More newbs need to research this guy honestly instead of just writing him off due to his last couple of performances. Nothing like those Pride days. Crocop/Fedor will remain my favorite fight of all time.

And not just that he won but HOW he won. He demolished top 10 people like school kids. It was surreal. He was the most dominant fighter during his reign next to Tyson (in my lifetime), just demolished people. But the newbs and young haters say he's a can, fought no one, easy division,ect....it's sad

I'll bet you my left ass that he'll starch Jon Jones and Anderson Silva on the same night.
Let him fight in UFC before you talk something like this.

When that happens, I'll wait your betting slip on every fight of his.

MVP looking a lot like the second coming right now.

Ok. Because a guy who was winning but wasnt dropping jaws all of a sudden goes on a crazy tear, and the first time he gets randomly tested, he fails a test and hasnt won since. Sounds stupid.

Even more stupid.

*sigh*

Ya I gotta agree, Silva is the greatest in my opinion not just because of statistics, but the way he did it.

Noone else ever had a run like him. You can bring up PEDs or level of competition w/e you want but the fact remains that there has NEVER been a more exciting show to watch than the Silva Show. You KNEW you'd always get something insane, win or lose it's always been dramatic. His striking creativity alone is second to none. Dude broke all the text book rules and smashed everyone on the way till his reflexes finally wore out.

Reminds me a bit of RJJ in that sense, absolute world beater then he got old and people figured him out once he slowed down.

Not joking this is honestly the worst post I've seen all month. I'll be sure to remember you are a guy that has no clue about anything

We already got him. Give him time to grow.
cm-punk-profile-cover-2.jpg

Fixed.

Back