Waterson & The Good Looking UFC Fighter Agenda...

I feel for Waterson in her loss but the reality is if she were not as attractive as she is...the UFC brass would never have pushed her like they did. If she looked like Amanda Nunes or Cyborg...she likely would never have ever been given opportunity to fight a Joana caliber fighter.

The UFC desperately tries to pass some of these cutie pies off as high level but most of the time theyre just average at best.

Watching this fight last night between Joanna and Waterson...its pretty clear that miracle aside...Waterson never had legitimate chance of winning. And if by some insane chance she wouldve gotten fluke win...she definitely gets murked by that Chinese girl.

I enjoy watching WMMA but I find that the biggest difference between WMMA and MMA is that there are huge skill gabs between fighters in WMMA.

Styles make fights and in mens MMA you can have rank 12 guy easily beating the number 1 ranked contender if he has stylistic advantage.

Were as in WMMA you have a handful of uber high level Amanda Nunes, Shevchenkos, Cyborgs, Leis etc and THEN you have pretty girl cans and the cans UFC feeds to the pretty girls to pass pretty girls off as legitmate contenders.

Bottom line...Waterson does NOT have necessary skill set/abilities to become champion. And had she not been as physically attractive as she is...she wouldnt even be pushed as a contender.

I understand this is a business...just noting observation.

A fighters look has a lot to do with the opportunities fighters receive.

Amanda Nunes wouldn't have been given 27 title shots like Holly Holm did with same track record.
Wait a minute..... are you trying to tell me that you dont find cyborg hot ?
-pfft-

When Gollum fought against Valentina one class above his weight, she didnt look championship material either.

Waterson is an atomweight fighting a class above his natural weight.
Waterson herself has said she’d never cut to atomweight again.

Of course, you'll get no confirmation on this but this is stating the obvious. I love Ashley Yoder but............

View attachment 660711
View attachment 660713

Yea cool story bro. Im sure ur smashing dimes all day. {<jordan}<{MingNope}><{anton}>
Did you miss the [not] "anymore" in my post? Should I have put it in bold and underlined?
These pics you posted are not recent pics.

And no, I'm not saying she's an ugly old hag now. She's still pretty good looking. But not really much better than a lot of other female fighters.
If she gets more push than others nowadays it's less because of looks and more because of established fanbase (and good management).

Sex sells and beautiful people get special treatment in life. I'm shocked by this discovery, shocked!!

View attachment 660709
Fighting spirit? What in gods name are you smoking? That poor girl just got the ever loving crap beat of her by a girl who was out of her league ability wise. Never at any point did she look to take the easy way out.

She took a beating and never stopped trying to win. Shes all heart buddy...likely way more heart than youll ever know.

She can take shots no doubt. But she doesn't have the fire in her to throw her strikes or go for the kill. She's too lethargic like. I honestly don't believe she hasn't in her. I don't think she'll ever be a champion someday. Sorry to say I know you love her and all.

A thread about a fighters looks and no pics :(.

Not to be a dick but did you just figure out that this is how the world works?

Sage? Rockhold? C'mon. They push attractive dudes too.
Not fully, really. Sage looks like your build-an-athlete which has less to do with him being sexually attractive.

If the UFC actually pushed attractive male fighters the way they attempt to push attractive woman fighters, Robert Whittaker would be a household name.

Nobody cares how attractive a fighter is or that he/she is a parent. Just fighting skills. That's it. If you can't fight, don't expect to a pity belt.

The original statement from the other guy was that better looking fighters will put more butts in seats than ugly fighters (obviously you can make subjective arguments on a case by case basis but that's a peripheral topic). This is not disputed by you pointing out a list of current or former heavyweight champions. Not even sure why you bothered to respond.
I responded because I disagreed. For men it doesn't matter how they look, we just want to see good fighters, Fedor is a great example. For women we do, mostly because wmma sucks most of the time but this way we still have something fun to look at

I dont find waterston attractive ar all, I actually am a waterston hater, but she is a veteran a well rounded opponent, some of Joanna's title defense have come against sub par completion and nobody said anything.

Holly Holm is not supermodel but for a fighter of her caliber...shes easily market as attractive.

Yea if Amanda Nunes was a blond with blue eyes...she would be bigger than Conor McGregor. Its a shame that ones physical appearance is more important than ones ability.

Like Dana said about Conor..."if he can even throw a punch...he is going to be a star.

That’s because of McGregor’s ability on the microphone. He doesn’t look any different than your average fighter, he just has a very marketable swagger.

Nunes could definitely a bigger star if she had more marketable looks or personality, but it’s still mostly about fighting ability. Some people think Elias Theodoreau and Sage Northcut are good looking, they both got unceremoniously bombed out when they stopped performing well in the octagon. This thing about looks is being overstated. It’s a nice bonus, that’s it.

Skill level is very low and amateurish in WMMA so yes they need some sort of 'look' to be interesting. the skills don't do it for me personally, its just not high level. I couldn't care less about their looks though because they just look like my grandchildren. Some boys are probably watching because they have a hard on for them or something lol

Love how all female fighters are part time Instagram models. They have to post pics of their ass for relevancy and popularity.
I ain’t complaining. I’m ain’t looking either, but I ain’t complaining.

Back