Waterson & The Good Looking UFC Fighter Agenda...

AlwaysWonder

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feel for Waterson in her loss but the reality is if she were not as attractive as she is...the UFC brass would never have pushed her like they did. If she looked like Amanda Nunes or Cyborg...she likely would never have ever been given opportunity to fight a Joana caliber fighter.

The UFC desperately tries to pass some of these cutie pies off as high level but most of the time theyre just average at best.

Watching this fight last night between Joanna and Waterson...its pretty clear that miracle aside...Waterson never had legitimate chance of winning. And if by some insane chance she wouldve gotten fluke win...she definitely gets murked by that Chinese girl.

I enjoy watching WMMA but I find that the biggest difference between WMMA and MMA is that there are huge skill gabs between fighters in WMMA.

Styles make fights and in mens MMA you can have rank 12 guy easily beating the number 1 ranked contender if he has stylistic advantage.

Were as in WMMA you have a handful of uber high level Amanda Nunes, Shevchenkos, Cyborgs, Leis etc and THEN you have pretty girl cans and the cans UFC feeds to the pretty girls to pass pretty girls off as legitmate contenders.

Bottom line...Waterson does NOT have necessary skill set/abilities to become champion. And had she not been as physically attractive as she is...she wouldnt even be pushed as a contender.

I understand this is a business...just noting observation.

A fighters look has a lot to do with the opportunities fighters receive.

Amanda Nunes wouldn't have been given 27 title shots like Holly Holm did with same track record.

Love how all female fighters are part time Instagram models. They have to post pics of their ass for relevancy and popularity.

It's marketing, bro. An attractive fighter is always gonna put more butts in seats than an ugly one, and that's 10x more true with women.

It's true, however this will continue because the UFC does only care about money...

<{nope}><{nope}><{nope}>

Waterson is skilled but she is a natural atom weight, too small for the division

I feel for Waterson in her loss but the reality is if she were not as attractive as she is...the UFC brass would never have pushed her like they did. If she looked like Amanda Nunes or Cyborg...she likely would never have ever been given opportunity to fight a Joana caliber fighter.

The UFC desperately tries to pass some of these cutie pies off as high level but most of the time theyre just average at best.

Watching this fight last night between Joanna and Waterson...its pretty clear that miracle aside...Waterson never had legitimate chance of winning. And if by some insane chance she wouldve gotten fluke win...she definitely gets murked by that Chinese girl.

I enjoy watching WMMA but I find that the biggest difference between WMMA and MMA is that there are huge skill gabs between fighters in WMMA.

Styles make fights and in mens MMA you can have rank 12 guy easily beating the number 1 ranked contender if he has stylistic advantage.

Were as in WMMA you have a handful of uber high level Amanda Nunes, Shevchenkos, Cyborgs, Leis etc and THEN you have pretty girl cans and the cans UFC feeds to the pretty girls to pass pretty girls off as legitmate contenders.

Bottom line...Waterson does NOT have necessary skill set/abilities to become champion. And had she not been as physically attractive as she is...she wouldnt even be pushed as a contender.

Amanda Nunes wouldn't have been given 27 title shots like Holly Holm did with same track record.
I agree with most of your post but look closely. Holly Holm isn't attractive. It's too bad that is true about Nunes. She should be a mega-star with her talent and her personality. I'm not into the whole gay thing but she's super nice, humble and a beast of a fighter. She's a real role model for a certain segment of the population.

WMMA today is very similar to late 90s early 2000's men's. There are one or two good fighters atop each division and the rest are miles behind.

Appearance can affect a fighter’s career trajectory, just like their microphone skills and country of origin.

The WMMA divisions are thin though. It’s not like Waterson leapt over a bunch of great fighters who weren’t good looking to get this opportunity.

Incidentally, I really don’t understand why people drool over decent looking WMMA fighters so much. There are countless ways to observe good looking women on television if that’s what you want to do.

I agree with most of your post but look closely. Holly Holm isn't attractive. It's too bad that is true about Nunes. She should be a mega-star with her talent and her personality. I'm not into the whole gay thing but she's super nice, humble and a beast of a fighter. She's a real role model for a certain segment of the population.

Holly Holm is not supermodel but for a fighter of her caliber...shes easily market as attractive.

Yea if Amanda Nunes was a blond with blue eyes...she would be bigger than Conor McGregor. Its a shame that ones physical appearance is more important than ones ability.

Like Dana said about Conor..."if he can even throw a punch...he is going to be a star.

There's a small group of hardcore WMMA fans on sherdog and they clearly masturbate over these women. That's the target audience lol. Healthy, well adjusted people don't want to watch women fighting.

You realize Amanda and cyborg both got title shots and have won titles right? So yeah if she looked like them she would of got the opportunity and fought the high level fighters .

Sage might be the only exception, Rockhold had established himself already in Strikeforce...

What do you mean? Do you really think if Conor looked like some ugly chooch he would be as big as he is?

The UFC set him up to win from the very beginning feeding him micro manlets. Obviously his character has a lot to do with his success as well but believe you me...if he were an ogre looking dude...most people wouldnt know his name.

Agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back