Waterson & The Good Looking UFC Fighter Agenda...

Even if she had the skills. She still doesn't have the fighting spirit. She's way too nice to be a fighter.
maxresdefault (1).jpg
Fighting spirit? What in gods name are you smoking? That poor girl just got the ever loving crap beat of her by a girl who was out of her league ability wise. Never at any point did she look to take the easy way out.

She took a beating and never stopped trying to win. Shes all heart buddy...likely way more heart than youll ever know.

As for Waterson: I don't really see much "pretty girl push" for her.
She's actually a pretty good fighter (even tho maybe not quite championship level) - and tbh she's really not that hot (anymore).

Yeah, I don't see this is any nefarious conspiracy on the UFC's part to elevate Waterson over more deserving "looks-challenged" fighters.These fights get made all the time, former champ on the rebound VS contender on a roll.

Michelle has some physical disadvantages that will probably always limit her ceiling at the weight class. I mean, she's lost to worse fighters than JJ before but nobody said she got those fights off her looks...

Its not a conspiracy...its a business. Its not rocket science either. I was just thinking under no circumstance does Waterson have a chance of ever becoming champion of her division.

She simply does not have the ability.

Id say she won the striking in the first round of her bout with Rose.

As for Waterson: I don't really see much "pretty girl push" for her.
She's actually a pretty good fighter (even tho maybe not quite championship level) - and tbh she's really not that hot (anymore).
111.jpg
3593210439_7f6d58322d_z.jpg

Yea cool story bro. Im sure ur smashing dimes all day. {<jordan}<{MingNope}><{anton}>

I feel for Waterson in her loss but the reality is if she were not as attractive as she is...the UFC brass would never have pushed her like they did. If she looked like Amanda Nunes or Cyborg...she likely would never have ever been given opportunity to fight a Joana caliber fighter.

The UFC desperately tries to pass some of these cutie pies off as high level but most of the time theyre just average at best.

Watching this fight last night between Joanna and Waterson...its pretty clear that miracle aside...Waterson never had legitimate chance of winning. And if by some insane chance she wouldve gotten fluke win...she definitely gets murked by that Chinese girl.

I enjoy watching WMMA but I find that the biggest difference between WMMA and MMA is that there are huge skill gabs between fighters in WMMA.

Styles make fights and in mens MMA you can have rank 12 guy easily beating the number 1 ranked contender if he has stylistic advantage.

Were as in WMMA you have a handful of uber high level Amanda Nunes, Shevchenkos, Cyborgs, Leis etc and THEN you have pretty girl cans and the cans UFC feeds to the pretty girls to pass pretty girls off as legitmate contenders.

Bottom line...Waterson does NOT have necessary skill set/abilities to become champion. And had she not been as physically attractive as she is...she wouldnt even be pushed as a contender.

I understand this is a business...just noting observation.

A fighters look has a lot to do with the opportunities fighters receive.

Amanda Nunes wouldn't have been given 27 title shots like Holly Holm did with same track record.

Then why isn't this guy fighting on every single card?
tumblr_nyafktiPxV1qa42jro1_1280.jpg

It's the fight game and boxing promoters have always been pushing guys passed on looks or ethnicity - hence the term "great white hope" or Irish Jerry this or Irish Billy that. The pretty girls the UFC pick up are just the latest wrinkle on that ....... of course they're only going to stick around if they have some ability, even the prettiest has to win sometime.

Maybe Maynard would be better off signing plain girls with personality though. Look at Meatball Molly who is fighting on Friday's Boston card, she's no world beater but she does have character .... so much so that the Greenville crowd were chanting "bring back Meatball" during a boring scrap higher up the card. Bethe is another who gets by on personality rather than looks or talent.

Of course you'd think that ability would be the only criterion but then it's the fight game not the Olympics.

When Gollum fought against Valentina one class above his weight, she didnt look championship material either.

Waterson is an atomweight fighting a class above his natural weight.

Love how all female fighters are part time Instagram models. They have to post pics of their ass for relevancy and popularity.

This applies to nearly all women these days. Attention whoring for the world is the name of the game. They need that Dubai toilet money.

Apart from Valentina, the most successful WMMA fighters look like monsters

Waterson is skilled but she is a natural atom weight, too small for the division

Good post. Ts not giving karate hottie enough credit. She is a legit fighter with good wins but maybe isn't elite of the elite.

Waterson actually does have great skills, but she's simply too small for the weight class.

Fedor, cain, DC, Stipe etc... the list goes on...

The original statement from the other guy was that better looking fighters will put more butts in seats than ugly fighters (obviously you can make subjective arguments on a case by case basis but that's a peripheral topic). This is not disputed by you pointing out a list of current or former heavyweight champions. Not even sure why you bothered to respond.

Back