Watched Hereditary last night after a year...

Joker is an example of a true modern masterpiece.

Hereditary is one of the better horror movies out there but nowhere close to a masterpiece.

Plus, the word "Masterpiece" gets thrown around way too much these days.
Lol you are dead wrong

To be honest I thought it was just boring for the most part.

It was good, but fell apart towards the end. I understand that the movie was supposed to be a slow burn, eventually leading up to a more dynamic finish, but the last ten minutes felt like a whole other movie.
I didn't mind that, and I was expecting that pace due to seeing The Witch beforehand.

Kinda reminds me of Audition in that respect.

Casting this movie as a masterpiece and me as the caveman with no attention span is classic ad hominem. Then the false dichotomy of if you don't like this, you must like cheap jump scares.
Maybe that's the same lazy thinking that led you to like this movie. :) I kid, I'm not looking for combat with you.

I never said it was a masterpiece and I wasn't trying to paint you in a bad light. I seriously didn't understand why you would need to turn it off without finishing the movie.

I never said it was a masterpiece and I wasn't trying to paint you in a bad light. I seriously didn't understand why you would need to turn it off without finishing the movie.

Haven't you ever walked out of a stinker of a movie?
At some point, you realize this is a terrible (to me) film, and time is too precious (i can't stress that enough) to waste so you cut your losses and take your niece and nephew to the park.
That's literally what happened.
I've made those kids watch some boring type films and they never flinched until this one. We all simultaneously agreed to stop watching this one after something struck us as particularly ridiculous. I honestly don't remember what part.
Perhaps I will attempt to give it another chance someday, like if it happens to be on.

It was fucked up but I was entertained. Would I ever watch it again? Probably not

solid horror movie

Haven't you ever walked out of a stinker of a movie?
At some point, you realize this is a terrible (to me) film, and time is too precious (i can't stress that enough) to waste so you cut your losses and take your niece and nephew to the park.
That's literally what happened.
I've made those kids watch some boring type films and they never flinched until this one. We all simultaneously agreed to stop watching this one after something struck us as particularly ridiculous. I honestly don't remember what part.
Perhaps I will attempt to give it another chance someday, like if it happens to be on.

I don't recall ever walking out of a theater and I definitely wouldn't walk out of a horror movie that is slowly building to something and has great acting. Maybe it would help if you would say what made it so terrible to you that you couldn't even wait until the end?

That's cool I would be interested to hear what you think of the conclusion.

Back