Social Was UFC 306 woke??

vVlVD8.gif

omar-the-wire.gif
Greek Fire?

Just wait until TS finds out that Mexicans were the original cowboys and the white man co-opted them
the white man brought the horses.

I don't think anybody denies a lot of the aesthetic and ranching practices were co-opted, even though the true origins came from Euro colonialist Spain as pointed out by @Bojka. The American sense of ownership comes more so from the purpose of it with the advent of the beef industry in the mid-19th century United States. Cattle were predominantly used for their hides and tallow prior to that point, not their meat. It wasn't a food staple anywhere.

A huge boon for the market came with the refrigerated rail car in the 1860s and then expanded further with steakhouses, stockyards and feedlots, processing and packaging facilities, the federal highway system, etc. Similarly, the sport of Rodeo and its disciplines was developed as a paid spectator event with prize money in late 1800s America, becoming formally organized with the establishment of the PRCA in 1936. Mexico has its own thing (Charreada), but the concepts and competitions are distinct.

It's all friendlies anyway with plenty of shared heritage and history.

Couldn't disagree more strongly. "Woke" is a real thing, a genuine social disease, and it's appropriately used to combat so much of what has become popular on the left. Go read Colin Kaepernick's essay about the history fo policing in the USA, and what should be done about it. That's "woke". It's a real school of thought, astonishing in its ignorance, and utterly retarded.

But the UFC celebrating the Mexican fighting spirit wasn't "woke". It just paid homage to a major North American culture.

What is woke?

No, it's a word describing a specific online subculture.

Some people use it as a slur to make fun of losers they don't like.

Tbf I do tend to agree that it's quite a dangerous word in the same sense that any word that groups a lot of people into thinking the same way and having the same reasons for doing so is dangerous.

Calling people incels is only going to drive them deeper into a hate filled world and a lot of these people probably have something to offer if people would show some empathy and try to help them.

It's all friendlies anyway with plenty of shared heritage and history.
Yes I am aware of the the Spanish roots as they brought cattle to the americas and taught their techniques to the indigenous peoples.
These vaqueros then turned it into a lifestyle over a couple hundreds of years, As the wiki says “…and extensively developed in Mexico from a methodology brought to the Americas from Spain. The vaquero became the foundation for the North American cowboy, in Northern Mexico, Southwestern United States, and Western Canada.”

I could have been more diplomatic as no one was co-opting anyone. The comment is really just an attention getter, but the idea of the cowboy being a uniquely white american tradition is hogwash.

The real truth is the part of your post I quoted. People went out west to make a life and they learned how to from people that taught them knowledge that has been learned and advanced upon over hundreds of years. We are all one and the more we help each other and teach each other the greater we will all be.

We should be focusing on what unites us and brings us together instead of focusing on our differences and seeing people from other countries as almost a different life form.

The southwest is a good example.
You got cattle ranching
You got Tex mex food using many spices brought from India
You got tejano and norteno born out of the influence of the German and polish peoples that brought the accordion and polkas

I could have been more diplomatic as no one was co-opting anyone. The comment is really just an attention getter, but the idea of the cowboy being a uniquely white american tradition is hogwash.

The real truth is the part of your post I quoted. People went out west to make a life and they learned how to from people that taught them knowledge that has been learned and advanced upon over hundreds of years. We are all one and the more we help each other and teach each other the greater we will all be.
We are not all one.

Discussing standard Mexican history is not the same thing as cutting kid's dicks off.

One is woke, the other is just history.

Lots of people try to make being anti colonialist with being a woke person who wants kids to change their sex.

I noticed that a lot in the WR. They seem to hate any criticism of colonialism from whoever wherever. What European sellers did to native indians, what UK did in India, what Spain did to Mexico, what France did to Algeria, and hum hum what israel is currently doing to Palestine. Strange coincidence.

Back