Was the Rousey vs Nunes fight stopped too early?

i feel we were robbed of a vicious ko, darn you herb for your mercy

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

If you watch the gif closely Ronda was not KO'd.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

You obviously dont care about her health then. Great fan you are. Amanda wasnt gonna stop and Ronda was not coming back.

Nope, Ronda was bobbling about on bambi legs for half the fight. There is no way she would have won, it was only a matter of time before she got knocked out cold or took a lot more punishment than needed. Great stoppage.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

Ronda wasn't defending herself at all. Her hands were out to the side to try to keep from falling. Nunes was Teeing Off on her. Guys get TKO'd on the ground all the time when they aren't OUT COLD. Ronda just happened to be standing up instead of being on the ground but she was not "Intelligently Defending" in any way. No need for permanent brain damage to clarify who the better fighter was last night.

No it was done. Anyone who says it was early stoppage just wanted another KO .gif
agreed. they are douche bag fans who dont care really about the fighter. She already suffered enough head trauma jesus christ. Btw I am sure Herb had a better view of Rondas eyes then this TS......TS look at some stills (photos) of her up close at the finish, you will see her pupils were MISSING. That is what PUNCH DRUNK, and OUT ON YOUR FEET means.

Herb saved her, she was on her feet only because of a fence grab. Her hands were flailing around everywhere but a defensive position. She had no idea where she was, not even looking at Amanda. I'm far from a Ronda fan, but I also didn't need to see any more. I don't wish permanent brain damage on her.

her boyfriends, Travis Brownes best win came after the ref didn't step in and he came back against Overeem. That said it is hard to believe she was coming back since she hadn't landed a single strike.

She was clearly not defending herself in that part of the fight you depicted in the GIF

Stopped too early for me? Yes. I would have like to see her laid out, agian.

For Ronda? No. That stoppage was pure mercy, and Dean was absolutely on point with it.
Absolutely, by criteria Ronda had no offense and wasnt protecting herself at all. Its just typical (expected) Ronda fanboy excuse....had to fish for something. If it wasnt that then theyd say it was because she wasnt used to beginning on the other side of the cage.

Her knees clearly buckled. The fence was the only thing holding her up. While I would not have minded it continuing a bit, I do think it was a decent stoppage.

Are you kidding me? She was eating through a straw for 6 months last time. He probably saved her bum life.

She was literally trying to stay on her feet by holding the fence, with no regard for the punches she was taking to the face. She was not cogent when Herb stepped in. If you want to go by the rule book, if the fighter is unable to defend themself, the ref is instructed to stop the fight.

That said, Ronda got special treatment her entire career with the UFC, and I do think Herb did her a favor there by coming in before Nunes could get a highlight reel knockout.

I agree. That's why it was stopped.

Perfect stoppage as far as I am concerned.
Plenty of time to do something from RR side, after Herb saw those 6 or 7 undefended hard blows to the head he stopped it.
Should be taken into the rule book.

That said, Ronda got special treatment her entire career with the UFC, and I do think Herb did her a favor there by coming in before Nunes could get a highlight reel knockout.

Yes, Herb probably saved her about 5-10 IQ points and possibly a few years of her life.

Stopped too early for me? Yes. I would have like to see her laid out, agian.

For Ronda? No. That stoppage was pure mercy, and Dean was absolutely on point with it.
Exactly

Its the last time we got to see her fight, they took that from us

I wanted to see her ktfo one last time

' Late stoppage. Should have been stopped right after Dominic / Cody fight. '
- Tze

If I was the ref I would have told Ronda to stop grabbing the fence.

Back