Was the Rousey vs Nunes fight stopped too early?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

If you watch the gif closely Ronda was not KO'd.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

No she was out on her feet clearly

Stopped too early for me? Yes. I would have like to see her laid out, agian.

For Ronda? No. That stoppage was pure mercy, and Dean was absolutely on point with it.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

If you watch gif closely Ronda was not KO'd.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

I don't think taking nuclear bombs right to the chin multiple times while stumbling around is intelligently defending yourself

She almost got close to replicating the Brock Lesnar breakdancing disco thing he did against Cain.

Yes. She and I were close to going completely stiff and I was hoping we'd get there.

I wanted to see her fall flat dammit.

Stopped too early for me? Yes. I would have like to see her laid out, agian.

For Ronda? No. That stoppage was pure mercy, and Dean was absolutely on point with it.

I have the same opinion. I personally would have loved to see Ronda laying on her back knocked out cold. Objectively speaking, it was a good stoppage.

Yes.

Standing up stoppages stink in general

We needed closure on Ronda

2 more punches & Ronda's sleep

wzx9F6N.png

No one thought this was an early stoppage, Rousey was 100% fine with it. Her brain was getting scrambled, she was humiliated that's why she stormed out the cage without giving an interview.

She grabbed the cage to stay up. She got wrecked

Rondas ability to take shots squarely is amazing. It seems like everyone she fights lands flush. Even meisha and betche

No it was done. Anyone who says it was early stoppage just wanted another KO .gif

She was out on her feet. There was a quick camera shot of Ronda being reverted back to little girl again where she is clearly not understanding how the world is supposed to work shortly after the stoppage.

She grabbed the cage to stay up. She got wrecked

Rondas ability to take shots squarely is amazing. It seems like everyone she fights lands flush. Even meisha and betche

True. Her head seems to be made out of cement. Even last night she never fell down even when taking those bombs directly to the face and head.

There was absolutely no reason for it to go on any longer, other than to satisfy the Just Bleed fans or the people that wanted to see Ronda get even more humiliated. She wasnt protecting herself, she was out on her feet and Herb needed to protect her. Perfectly fine stoppage.

Yup. Herb should've let nunes land another douzen punches to her head

I would have liked to see the complete KO that was about to happen though... Would have been epic.

Back