Was the Rousey vs Nunes fight stopped too early?

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves...

So by your standards, the fight was correctly stopped when she was out on her feet. Not only did she lack striking defense, but she was getting hit so hard and so often, that she couldn't even get her hands up to even attempt to make it look like she was defending herself anymore. Ref made the right call and saved her from further injury.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

If you watch the gif closely Ronda was not KO'd.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

You have to be her shitty trainer! That's what he said about her loss.

I would liked to have seen it go on a little longer but I'm a sadistic fuck sooooooo....yea..

Stopped too early for me? Yes. I would have like to see her laid out, agian.

For Ronda? No. That stoppage was pure mercy, and Dean was absolutely on point with it.
Perfect response. I agree

Yes, I think in a title fight especially- a fighter needs to be knocked down at least once before the ref steps in to save the day.

Was it a bad stoppage? No... I just think it was a tad bit early. I've seen fighters recover from much worse.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

Have you ever been in a real fight? In MMA or the street ?

I think people here wanted major damage done or worse; hence the many early stoppage complaints we see posted

Did you watch the gif? Ronda didn't land a single punch or defend a single punch . Nunes landed 8 out of the 9 punches thrown in the gif!

Too early for what?

Did you think she was going to make a comeback in that fight?

When you look like someone who does not know how to strike and are getting mauled all over the ring while blocking with your face she should be happy it got stopped when it did.

I thought it was a proper stoppage. Ronda was not intelligently protecting/defending herself.

It's the ref's job, and responsibility to save a fighter from taking unnecessary damage, when they can no longer protect themselves.

Herb did his job properly, imo.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves.

And this is why the fight was stopped.

Nunes was teeing off on Rousey's face at her own leisure, and that's exactly what the gif you posted shows.

She was out on her feet. There was a quick camera shot of Ronda being reverted back to little girl again where she is clearly not understanding how the world is supposed to work shortly after the stoppage.
I've been struggling to find the words to accurately describe the level of destruction of this fight but you have managed to sum it up perfectly.

She grabbed the cage to stay up. She got wrecked

Rondas ability to take shots squarely is amazing. It seems like everyone she fights lands flush. Even meisha and betche

She's got powerful neck and back muscles from judo that probably keep her head from snapping too sharply from the punches.

As much as I don't like Honda Herb made the right call nobody needs to take that kind of punishment. If my memory is correct Kampman v Daley was stopped in a similar fashion.

Yes, I wanted one more punch to put her on her ass...Since she was holding the fence...

Yes, I think in a title fight especially- a fighter needs to be knocked down at least once before the ref steps in to save the day.

Was it a bad stoppage? No... I just think it was a tad bit early. I've seen fighters recover from much worse.
I disagree respectfully. Sometimes the most damage is done when a fighter is on their feet

I'm a fan of slightly late stoppages. I want definitive results. No ifs, buts, and could of's.

A few extra punches isn't hurting anyone. Let them fall down at least. Standing tkos is soft boxing bs. This is mma. Shane carwin vs mur? Great stoppage. Fedor vs Dan Hendo? Bad stoppage.

Seemed just about perfect to me. Anyone who wanted to see more of that is just a sadist imo

Back