Was the Rousey vs Nunes fight stopped too early?

|She was impressive in the fact that she never went down, she took a lot of clean shots to the head, sure the fence helped her a couple times but I'm sure Edmond will like to build on that looking forward.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

IMO... the fight should be stopped when a fighter is KO'd or clearly not defending themselves... a fight should not be stopped just because a fighter is getting a good as* whooping.

This could possibly be the last fight of Ronda's career... and for it to be stopped with Ronda not being KO'd and still willing to fight is some shady referring.

If you watch the gif closely Ronda was not KO'd.

Did Herd stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

Except for the fact that the only thing stopping those punches from being blocked or going past her face was her....face. Can't catch punches with your face that many amount of times and bark hey not knocked out over here im good.

i thought her plan was to break amends hand with her face then do something. but it was early.

Did Herb stopping the fight early save Ronda from getting seriously hurt or did it just end Ronda's MMA career with her standing and still willing to fight?

Ever heard of fighting induced brain damage?! Herb saved Ronda or else she could have been permanently hurt for life. Look at how her whole fucking head is snapping back and jolting forward. She most likely got concussed and her brain tissue probably suffered irreversible damage. One thing that happens when you're a spectator in MMA is that you become desensitized to violence and you don't realize someone could be getting seriously hurt for your entertainment. Herb saved Ronda's ass and from going senile when she hits 30.

Yes... Ronda was getting crushed and loosing but she wasn't KO'd. With MMA there's always a chance for a loosing fighter to catch thier opponent in a arm lock, leg lock, neck choke ect... and win the fight.

\

Is there a different kind of choke that I'm unaware of?

Shouldnt have happened at all. Now she probably deceived the commission adequately enough to get in there and snatch her 3M but Ronda should never fight again, anyone that considers suicide over losing a fight, I mean c'mon. Right at this very moment shes one of the most miserable, depressed and unstable people on urf. Losing in the fight game is supposed to build both character and skill. In Rondas case it threatened to destroy her mind.

Looked like a judoka in a boxing match basically. That her coach is a striker would not be apparent to ANYONE watching her fight. No shoulder roll, no jab defense, no head movement, bob-and-weave, standing straight up like she thinks she is a muay thai fighter, no flex in her legs, no sweat during her walkout, etc etc etc.

What an embarrassing, piss poor showing by a person who could have the world by the fucking nuts, but instead has chosen to take it easy and drink fatty coffee drinks.

Shouldnt have happened at all. Now she probably deceived the commission adequately enough to get in there and snatch her 3M but Ronda should never fight again, anyone that considers suicide over losing a fight, I mean c'mon. Right at this very moment shes one of the most miserable, depressed and unstable people on urf. Losing in the fight game is supposed to build both character and skill. In Rondas case it threatened to destroy her mind.
Absolutely.

And lol at "urf"

no. still able to eat apples thanks to herb.

I don't think taking nuclear bombs right to the chin multiple times while stumbling around is intelligently defending yourself

Shows what you know.

Ronda was trying to break Nunes' hand.

That punch as she was rebounding off the fence...nice

On topic...I don't think anyone would have been up in arms if Herb let her take a few more shots before he stopped it. That said, the outcome of that fight was not going to change. She was badly hurt very early in the fight.

I think it was a bit of a late stoppage. Before Ronda started to back up, she caught a couple of punches, and both her arms went limp. This can be best seen in Ronda's corner mic video. At that point she seems like she was already very wobbly. Edmond starts yelling to her, and she starts to back up, and then Nunes follows her, and starts pouring on even more shots. Depending on how you see things, she took 4-6 unnecessary shots to the head.

There is no good reason for Ronda to suffer brain damage just for the enjoyment of a couple of fans. I am no Ronda fan and am happy to see her go. I am even more happy that it seems like she is going to get out with losing cognitive function.

Ronda camp should send a big box of chocolate to Herb Dean for saving her life

I thought it was actually a bit late.

I think Herb has a tendency to get in there a little early in the womens' fights, but Ronda was done. Sure, he could have let Amanda land a few more shots and actually knock Ronda down, but she was eating hard shots and blocking them all with her face.

Back