Was that Spanish dude who beat Hall born rich?

Q

That’s not true at all man. Baseball for instance in next to impossible to play if your poor.

yeah I mean it’s all sports now really. Majority of athletes are over privileged kids . Look at the olympics most of that talent comes from money and over privilege

That's a Taycan. Electric Porsche. Very expensive.

Football is not cheaper than baseball. Soccer is the cheapest then baseball. Football isn’t too bad though since all the equipment is usually club or school owned.
nah, soccer and baseball are mostly upper middle class kids now. The only sport I see that's cheap with easy access is basketball because there are pick up games in random parks.

From the stories I hear there was this golden hour where you could drive all your shit to a couple of mma gyms and they would basically hook you up with a life.

I doubt that shit is possible nowadays.

yeah I mean it’s all sports now really. Majority of athletes are over privileged kids . Look at the olympics most of that talent comes from money and over privilege
true, that's what I've been saying all along. There's another level of athlete out there that just end up working menial ass shitty jobs because they are poor. Right, like the no-name Paul Bunyan's of today.

Real rollers drive Bugatti's. Anything less and your a manlet.

nah, soccer and baseball are mostly upper middle class kids now. The only sport I see that's cheap with easy access is basketball because there are pick up games in random parks.

From the stories I hear there was this golden hour where you could drive all your shit to a couple of mma gyms and they would basically hook you up with a life.

I doubt that shit is possible nowadays.
Soccer is by far the cheapest sport to play. Every poor country plays it because all you need is a ball and some room.

In the US catholic schools all have the best soccer teams because they don’t get the tax money public schools get so they concentrate on the cheapest sport.

Of course I’m talking organized sports. Anyone can play anything on a playground with no equipment.

Soccer is by far the cheapest sport to play. Every poor country plays it because all you need is a ball and some room.

In the US catholic schools all have the best soccer teams because they don’t get the tax money public schools get so they concentrate on the cheapest sport.

Of course I’m talking organized sports. Anyone can play anything on a playground with no equipment.
that makes sense.

Yeah, the cheapest organized sport, around here, is basketball, by far. It's, like, less than 20 bucks for an outfit and that's basically it. Soccer is all like private leagues and stuff. Flag football is really accessible too.

Martial arts is, like, more expensive than football even.

It's not really until high school that organized sports are really accesible around here. Until then it's playground games for the most part unless your parents decide they want to be 'sports parents.'

What reveals his Georgian origin is his name Ilia rather than the surname, which is pretty generic
hell naw

his Last name is pretty popular in Western side georgia......there is majority of surnames that end with -ia -ua -va

my last name is Grigolia and i have cousin Topuria

in out region we even joking about ADESANYA being georgian lmao coz we have surname Alasania which sound almost identical

Does Manhattan have any good legit mma schools? I feel like it has none since it’s so damn expensive to open up anything there.

hell naw

his Last name is pretty popular in Western side georgia......there is majority of surnames that end with -ia -ua -va

my last name is Grigolia and i have cousin Topuria

in out region we even joking about ADESANYA being georgian lmao coz we have surname Alasania which sound almost identical

You are right.
I'm from Spain and Topuria doesn't sound Spanish but it's hard to identify where it comes from if you are not familiar with Georgian surnames
The name Ilia however is pretty evident to me that comes from that region
Thats what I meant

You are right.
I'm from Spain and Topuria doesn't sound Spanish but it's hard to identify where it comes from if you are not familiar with Georgian surnames
The name Ilia however is pretty evident to me that comes from that region
Thats what I meant
ilia is Georgian form of Elijah......yeah it's very popular here and in post soviet countries as well( russia\ukraine)

well, i didn't say that's what you should do but that's what did this guy did
buying a car in general is a waste of money. they are not assets that accrue value in most cases, but that's how these beta manlets think they need to be.
I agree, only certain cars are good investments. Cars that are rare or classic cars that have a cult following in the car culture world, or cars that are capable of high performance upgrades in the import car world. Exotic cars like Lambos/Ferraris/etc are also good investments for the most part since they don't really lose too much value and there are exclusive ones that only have a certain amount made. So those are collector's items. Anything limited release in any industry is good for collecting and re-sale value. Of course for the exotic cars it has to be their major models and not the suv stuff. Even old models of Lambos/Ferraris still sell for a high price from the 80s/90s. A lot of the older models cost even more than buying a brand new Lambo/Ferrari.

In France and UK, MMA and other combat sports are really popular class sports. The rich go to Tennis, Rugby, Golf, cycling, skiing.

In England it's a lot of blue collar from the north or midlands, very few from London and the south. In France, a big chunk come from big cities suburbs and many are from north african or west african descent.
You are talking about class, it's like that here as well. Those are high class sports but they aren't combat sports. In USA mma gyms originally were only found in the richest cities in the major states. In CA they were found in rich part of LA, HB/OC, Irvine originally. You wouldn't find them anywhere else and the gym fees and member start up fee were always high. So it's easy to see they were targeting a richer user base by where the gym is located and the fees involved. That's why originally mma was filled with a lot college wrestlers. They were the ones that live in those cities and going to college around those cities. That's why mma had a very heavy wrestling influence after the bjj influence. That's why early mma you found a lot of fighters from those cities and other rich cities because they had easy access to mma gyms in their areas.

It's different now, but that's how it was for a very long time until mma became mainstream.

Boxing too. MMA was always an upper class thing here in USA when mma gyms first started opening up. The high gym fees and only being located in the richer cities. It targeted middle and upper class people originally since they were the only ones with access to it or can afford the high fees.
yeah im 15 and I can't afford the MMA gym fees, I have to get my older brother to help me pay cause hes got a job and becoming a pro, still he only scrapes by.

If you want quality MMA, not just cookie cutter MMA, you have to spend money. I'm not talking about the BJJ gym that offers striking 2-4 times a week or a MT gym that offers grappling 3 times a week. I'm talking you want quality training you have to pay for a striking ($150-200 a month) gym, quality BJJ ($100-150 a month) gym, S&C program/trainer, individual training, etc. Easily costing $500 a month.

As a teen you're family needs money.
Yeah im 15 and my gym is 50 a month which is pretty difficult to pay, my older brother helps because my parents aren't no way paying that amount for me to train

yeah im 15 and I can't afford the MMA gym fees, I have to get my older brother to help me pay cause hes got a job and becoming a pro, still he only scrapes by.
Good you got help, it'll definitely help. Train at home as well so you get more training time. Save up and buy bags and other gym equipment. That's how I trained until I started training in actual gyms. I used to just do free 1 week passes and keep training until they kicked me out the gym for not paying when I was younger lol.

Yeah im 15 and my gym is 50 a month which is pretty difficult to pay, my older brother helps because my parents aren't no way paying that amount for me to train
You get unlimited access to your MMA gym for $50?

Or do you do 2 group BJJ classes a week.

Because at my BJJ gym (same gym Eddie Wineland trains at) it's $125 for unlimited access but it's a BJJ gym. They offer boxing and MT but if you're serious about MMA you have to find a real striking gym to join in addition to your grappling gym.

You have a strength and conditioning program?

Q

That’s not true at all man. Baseball for instance in next to impossible to play if your poor.
Hockey is crazy expensive. My brother competed all of the country in BMX, that was rediculiously expensive

Back