Was that Spanish dude who beat Hall born rich?

You get unlimited access to your MMA gym for $50?

Or do you do 2 group BJJ classes a week.

Because at my BJJ gym (same gym Eddie Wineland trains at) it's $125 for unlimited access but it's a BJJ gym. They offer boxing and MT but if you're serious about MMA you have to find a real striking gym to join in addition to your grappling gym.

You have a strength and conditioning program?
No strength and conditioning program, but you can go to all the classes they offer, I can't afford to make it to many of the classes even though i'd love to go every day as I have to take the bus as my parents don't have the time to take me, so I have to take the bus, which my older brother has to pay for as I can't afford it plus i have school :( your gym sounds cool though, I could never afford to train there but training with eddie would be awesome :)

Good you got help, it'll definitely help. Train at home as well so you get more training time. Save up and buy bags and other gym equipment. That's how I trained until I started training in actual gyms. I used to just do free 1 week passes and keep training until they kicked me out the gym for not paying when I was younger lol.
Yeah i've been training at home for the past 2.5 years until 6 months ago as my parents wouldn't take me cuz they said it was too expensive and they couldn't afford to take me often cuz theyre working all the time, but i'm cool with it, I realised when I sparred people at the gym first that the training at home helped quite a lot.

Yeah i've been training at home for the past 2.5 years until 6 months ago as my parents wouldn't take me cuz they said it was too expensive and they couldn't afford to take me often cuz theyre working all the time, but i'm cool with it, I realised when I sparred people at the gym first that the training at home helped quite a lot.
Keep it up, always train as much as you can. Home gyms are great because you aren't limited in the amount of time you can train plus the privacy to practice anything you want. Great time to experiment with techniques. No one there to tell you that you shouldn't be doing that or practicing that and it helps you develop your own style. Learn and master the foundations and build on top of that.

No strength and conditioning program, but you can go to all the classes they offer, I can't afford to make it to many of the classes even though i'd love to go every day as I have to take the bus as my parents don't have the time to take me, so I have to take the bus, which my older brother has to pay for as I can't afford it plus i have school :( your gym sounds cool though, I could never afford to train there but training with eddie would be awesome :)
He takes (or took) mainly private lessons or went to the professional's only sessions so you didn't see much of him.

But Rich Franklin said it best "a guy with decent striking and really good cardio can make it pretty far in MMA."

Get your own strength and conditioning program and stick to it. Everything else will get better with it. You really don't need a coach yelling at or a trainer motivating you if you're serious. Self motivation is the ultimate motivation.

Back