Was that Spanish dude who beat Hall born rich?

Yo do realize that people on instagram love to follow rich people right? Even when a LOT of them are not actually rich, so this guy could had setup the pictures with a rental, or a lease just to get more followers, i think i remember the guys name but not the face or his fights, so i doubt he is making a bunch of money each fight so he now gets to drive a Porsche (Taycan?) and live like a rich person.

That's a fact. Soccer, baseball, basketball and football can be done on the cheap.
I don’t get why football would be cheaper than baseball.

A lot of MMA fighters have rich sponsors who gift them expansive cars and such.

One of the guys who fought on the Dana White Contender Series last Tuesday drives a Mercedes, for instance. And this guy was years away from being in the UFC when he was gifted this car. Patron-Client relationships is big in certain parts of the world.

albert_duraev_back_in_black_2.jpg

Q

That’s not true at all man. Baseball for instance in next to impossible to play if your poor.
Hockey. Ultimate sport that says "I come from money."

You literally have to spend $2000 to rent the ice before paying for equipment and league fees. This is even in high school. Hockey is so expensive that high schools don't have it. What they have are school hockey clubs that people pay to play hockey rather then it be free like ever other sport.

Boxing too. MMA was always an upper class thing here in USA when mma gyms first started opening up. The high gym fees and only being located in the richer cities. It targeted middle and upper class people originally since they were the only ones with access to it or can afford the high fees.
If you want quality MMA, not just cookie cutter MMA, you have to spend money. I'm not talking about the BJJ gym that offers striking 2-4 times a week or a MT gym that offers grappling 3 times a week. I'm talking you want quality training you have to pay for a striking ($150-200 a month) gym, quality BJJ ($100-150 a month) gym, S&C program/trainer, individual training, etc. Easily costing $500 a month.

As a teen you're family needs money.

Hockey. Ultimate sport that says "I come from money."

You literally have to spend $2000 to rent the ice before paying for equipment and league fees. This is even in high school. Hockey is so expensive that high schools don't have it. What they have are school hockey clubs that people pay to play hockey rather then it be free like ever other sport.

Hockey golf lacrosse always was hard. Hockey could sometimes bring along some really pretentious assholes

Advertising you having a super expensive car says more about your intelligence than your bank account

Q

That’s not true at all man. Baseball for instance in next to impossible to play if your poor.
This is totally false… Hockey, tennis, and golf on the other hand…

Reactions: Isa
There are a lot of people in the combat sports world who come from money. More so than other big sports like baseball and football even . Bjj when it started in Brazil was an upper class thing . Takes a lot of support to be a fighter. More Jake Paul’s out there then people realize
Cause rich people wanna beat and choke poor people.

If you want quality MMA, not just cookie cutter MMA, you have to spend money. I'm not talking about the BJJ gym that offers striking 2-4 times a week or a MT gym that offers grappling 3 times a week. I'm talking you want quality training you have to pay for a striking ($150-200 a month) gym, quality BJJ ($100-150 a month) gym, S&C program/trainer, individual training, etc. Easily costing $500 a month.

As a teen you're family needs money.
Very reason why I said it's always been geared towards middle and upper class families from the start. It may be different in other countries like Brazil, but in USA mma gyms were only in the richest cities especially in CA and all had expensive fees. I wasn't able to train mma when I was younger because I couldn't afford it and all the gyms were too far to drive on a daily basis. It became an issue of gym fees and gas fees. I didn't start training until I got older and was able to cover my bills and had extra money for gym fees. It's different now because gyms are starting to pop up everywhere now because of mma's popularity, but before mma gyms were rare and expensive. It's still expensive but it's found in more cities/states now compared to before.

I just learned he's not even Spanish, but Georgian. lol

You thought Topuria is spanish surname?

I had no idea. I'm pretty well versed on ethnic European names, but there are just some names that are quite rare, but still native to the country.

Back