Was Nick Diaz to blame for that last Silva fight being so dull?

Those guys fought a MUCH better Anderson and those guys actually engaged Anderson. Nick fought scared to get Knocked out by an aging Silva who looked slower then ever. Nick even turned his back and ran Condit style at one point

All of a sudden hes aged, but if he didnt clown weidman and beat him....still goat, still the man.

Nick traded with him on several occations, what fcking fight did you guys watch? I actually gave nick 1 or 2 possible rounds. Anderson fought a naturally smaller guy who never fought at mw, nick stepped up and had the balls to even take the fight, and you guys act as though it was nicks job to be mr balls to the wall non stop action....lol, have a coke and a smile...you should know the rest

All things considered Anderson looked good in that fight . His leg was held on by skin just a little over a year earlier and the first thing he does was throw hard leg kicks with that same leg.

If some of that "Spinning Shit" he kept throwing at Diaz would've landed he would've at least been wobbly as hell,But he should've known about Diaz's stand on "Spinning Shit".

Diaz Epic Clowning was well worth my PPV money.

I don't blame Nick, he brought it to the MW GOAT + Steroids and never went away. Truly amazing when you get past the Diaz hate

That would have probably gave him a better chance then trying to out counter punch a much better counter puncher then him.

Honestly Nick was probably losing no matter what, but him and his fans have called his opponents cowards for not engaging with him, but then he spent the whole fight scared to engage with Anderson.
Yeah, cuz it's not like Anderson had a great possibility of suffering freak injuries or having a shot chin if you could draw the fight out. You definitely want to just go straight into his specialty when he has massive size and power advantage over you to go with it.

Nick refused to play into Andys counter striking game and still got out struck.

I wouldn't say it's his fault though, he had little chance vs Anderson and did much better than most thought he would.

All of a sudden hes aged, but if he didnt clown weidman and beat him....still goat, still the man.

Nick traded with him on several occations, what fcking fight did you guys watch? I actually gave nick 1 or 2 possible rounds. Anderson fought a naturally smaller guy who never fought at mw, nick stepped up and had the balls to even take the fight, and you guys act as though it was nicks job to be mr balls to the wall non stop action....lol, have a coke and a smile...you should know the rest
One of the shittier posts I've seen lately

I'll never get tired of the moral victories Diaz fans give to Nick

Nick is always mean-mugging and throwing up gang signs, like he’s some badass. But when he was faced with the choice of losing the fight, or taking a chance and actually trying to win, he pussed out.

He kinda did the same against GSP and Condit. I always said Condit vs GSP was a good fight because Condit worked his ass off on his back, going for subs, sweeps landing elbows etc... Condit took punishment and elbows but he tried to win. GSP vs Nick was boring because Nick just tried to shut down GSPs offense without attacking back

Benson-Henderson-Brandon-Thatch-UFC-FN-60-645x370.jpg
Benson is 5'9, GSP is 5'10. Basically same height. Same weight. Thanks for proving my point fool.

He kinda did the same against GSP and Condit. I always said Condit vs GSP was a good fight because Condit worked his ass off on his back, going for subs, sweeps landing elbows etc... Condit took punishment and elbows but he tried to win. GSP vs Nick was boring because Nick just tried to shut down GSPs offense without attacking back
Nick was happy to lose. Condit went for the win. That's why Condit/GSP was amazing. Nick/GSP was not as good because Nick did nothing and GSP was not going to put himself in a bad position when he had the fight won. It was up to Nick/Condit to put GSP in a bad position, only one tried to.

I don't see how anyone could support Diaz after that. He cashed a big check and went in there to goof off and not fight. He had the worst version of Anderson to ever fight and he did nothing. He could have won if actually fought but instead he just wanted to play games and not engage.

I think both had so much on their plates/minds going into the fight it was too much for the both of them. I think Anderson was probably as psychologically fragile as he's been in his career for this figh,t and just had to get his mind back on track by making it through the fight, and testing his leg. It was big for Nick as well.

I think both guys were just stressed.

Benson is 5'9, GSP is 5'10. Basically same height. Same weight. Thanks for proving my point fool.

Haha. Yeah ok. I didn't realize Benson cut from 195lbs. Anyway, I noticed you cut out all of the photos showing GSP to be as big or bigger than most WWs. I'll take that as a concession, fool.

Haha. Yeah ok. I didn't realize Benson cut from 195lbs. Anyway, I noticed you didn't even try to refute the claim that GSP was a small WW. I'll take that as a concession, fool.
GSP cut from 185 moron. He tried cutting from 194 in the Shields fight and it was a disaster, he was 185 all camp long after that. Henderson competes in BJJ at 190+. Thanks for admitting you have no clue what you are talking about.

Condit fight.
Georges St-Pierre: Future Lightweight?
Zahabi said St-Pierre was somewhere around 185 for the camp that was abruptly cut short
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/10/25/georges-st-pierre-future-lightweight/

According to Zahabi, St. Pierre (22-2) has probably added all the muscle his 5-foot-10 frame can athletically carry. If St. Pierre decides to vacate the 170-pound title and compete at 185, Zahabi says he'll encourage him to remain close to the weight he is now.

"He'll be very small for a middleweight," Zahabi told ESPN.com. "If I balloon him up to over 200 pounds, it won't do any good. There's a point where you can have too much muscle and it's not a good thing. I think he's got the maximum amount you can put on his body without it starting to be detrimental.
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=6475461

GSP cut from 185 moron. He tried cutting from 194 in the Shields fight and it was a disaster, he was 185 all camp long after that. Henderson competes in BJJ at 190+. Thanks for admitting you have no clue what you are talking about.

Condit fight.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/10/25/georges-st-pierre-future-lightweight/

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=6475461

How Benson compares to GSP:

"The competitive advantages of weight are, well, huge for Henderson in his current class. At 5-foot-9, he’s rangy with a 70-inch reach. If he were to fight in the welterweight class, he’d give up a lot of that length. Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit, the UFC’s 170-pound champs, boast 76-inch wingspans, which would make getting inside on them more difficult should Henderson ascend a weight class. What’s more, St-Pierre and Condit cut from north of 190 pounds, meaning he would have to bulk up, or suffer a disparity in strength."

GSP would have a bigger frame and a lot more muscle. He would be noticeably bigger. Not everyone who weighs in at the same weight is the same size. You should know this by now.

And any thoughts on GSP being a small WW? Or did you concede that one?

How Benson compares to GSP:

"The competitive advantages of weight are, well, huge for Henderson in his current class. At 5-foot-9, he’s rangy with a 70-inch reach. If he were to fight in the welterweight class, he’d give up a lot of that length. Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit, the UFC’s 170-pound champs, boast 76-inch wingspans, which would make getting inside on them more difficult should Henderson ascend a weight class. What’s more, St-Pierre and Condit cut from north of 190 pounds, meaning he would have to bulk up, or suffer a disparity in strength."

GSP would have a bigger frame and a lot more muscle. He would be noticeably bigger. Not everyone who weighs in at the same weight is the same size. You should know this by now.

And any thoughts on GSP being a small WW? Or did you concede that one?
You put a quote with no source. What does reach have to do with height/weight? Nothing. I just sourced GSP did not cut from north of 190. He started off cutting from LOW 180s .. and aside from 1-2 fights he never cut from north of 190. I just sourced that after the Shields fight, where he was over 190, GSP went back to 185, because he could not fight effectively cutting from 190+ because he was simply too small to add that weight.

Maybe you want to source GSP being 195 for the Condit fight? Since, you know, I just sourced him being 185 right after Shields.

Back