Was Nick Diaz to blame for that last Silva fight being so dull?

considering nick usually fights at 170 and came up to fight anderson in what people thought would be a nice gimme fight for him after the weidman loss, and considering Anderson, a big MW who has also fought and defeated big LHWs couldnt stop this natural WW not known for his wrestling, who was happy to keep the fight on the feet......it looks far, far worse on anderson. Props to Nick for taking a fight even George wouldnt take all those years.
You act like Nick is an easy guy to finish especially when he's backing up the whole time.

Hey, im just responding to the people who type as though nick did nothing all fight....nick lasted longer in the cage then belfort, henderson, franklin, marquardt, Griffin, bonnar, chael, etc., so i suppose all those guys should be considered lesser fighters lol. This wasnt like the maia or leites fight where he wasnt trying or didnt care, diaz was the one doing all the clowning, and Silva couldnt for the life of him shut him down.

The g.o.a.t should have found a way to stop this undersized guy who has never fought at mw.

I blame the matchmaker/UFC for expecting fireworks for taking two guys who both prefer to let their opponents come at them while they counter, and putting them against each other. Never pair a counter fighter against a counter fight and expect an eventful fight.

I blame the matchmaker/UFC for expecting fireworks for taking two guys who both prefer to let their opponents come at them while they counter, and putting them against each other. Never pair a counter fighter against a counter fight and expect an eventful fight.

Hey, im just responding to the people who type as though nick did nothing all fight....nick lasted longer in the cage then belfort, henderson, franklin, marquardt, Griffin, bonnar, chael, etc., so i suppose all those guys should be considered lesser fighters lol. This wasnt like the maia or leites fight where he wasnt trying or didnt care, diaz was the one doing all the clowning, and Silva couldnt for the life of him shut him down.

The g.o.a.t should have found a way to stop this undersized guy who has never fought at mw.

Different circumstances. That was cocky Silva in his prime.

Nick fought Silva after he got KO'd and broke his leg in half.

He was clearly tentative and really happy to just get the win at the end. He even fell down and cried.

I think you should give Diaz a little credit. He's a formidable striker who is very hard to finish....plus he fought a very defensive fight.

I think that fight could have been amazing and FOTN if Nick actually fought in the pocket and kept moving forward and engaging like he did against Condit and wanted to do against GSP.

He's got a good chin and combinations but spent most of the fight moving backwards, throwing baby leg kicks and trying to avoid the fight.

Called Condit a runner but I guess he didn't want to be another KO on Silva's highlight reel?

Nick%2BDiaz%2BTaunts%2BAnderson%2BSilva%2BUFC%2B183.gif

1OyeFhj.gif

HonestGivingHorse.gif

tumblr_nj2vj2FCG71rofocqo1_500.gif

I like both guys but Silva is the only one I see running. Nick has his hands below his waist in every gif too

Nick Diaz really should fight Matt Brown or maybe Donald Cerrone, who will come forward and engage in a fight the way Diaz wants.

Did you see what Nate did to Cerrone?

Nick vs Brown would be amazing though

His face was a mess at the end of the night. He got beat up dude.

Yeah, he probably would have been KO'd if he kept moving forward and trying to fight toe to toe like he did against Penn/Condit.

BJ-Penn-Nick-Diaz-UFC-137.png

Silva won every round. At some point Nick needed to change his strategy, or lose. He didn’t. So Silva just continued winning the fight. That’s Nick’s fault.

Sherdog folks

although ohm could've used different words to describe what he was trying to get across.

as far as Barillas... just a straight keyboard bitch that wouldn't talk to any living thing like that, let alone Nick Diaz, in person.
I can't talk in person, I'm an A.I. actually

Well he sure as shit couldn't cut off Condit. Let not talk about what GSP did to him. There's 2 for you champ. It's another reason he struggles against wrestlers. If you can't see that Nick has poor movement and footwork that's your problem. I'm not going to hold your hand. Watch a couple of fights you might learn something.

So he got out maneuvered by 3 guys with some of best footwork in MMA so his movement sucks? I've seen almost all of diaz fight since entering the UFC and after he left. So either youre an idiot or a troll, either way have a great day.

Of course not. It's always the other guy because, well, Stockton and whatever.

Both are at fault. Neither of these fighters are risk takers.

So forced deification and sycophancy for all then, is it?

So no reading comprehension for you then, is it? Go back and read what I wrote as carefully and attentively as your brain will allow you to. Perhaps then you will understand what I meant..

Disrespectful as fuck. But I busted a gut when Diaz laid down. Plus, it's not like Anderson never clowned anyone inside the octagon.

Andersons clowning is great though (when he doesn't get knocked out) because he will taunt right in front of you then dodge all your strikes and counter. Nick just taunted safely out of range.

And they are both to blame really. Anderson because he was clearly unsure of himself after his leg break and fought nervous and tentative. Nick because he completely changed the way he fights so he wouldn't get knocked out, but couldn't win fighting that way. Nick just refused to engage and tried to counter strike a counter striker. I would say Nick is more to blame because he fought in a way he usually doesn't

Those guys fought a MUCH better Anderson and those guys actually engaged Anderson. Nick fought scared to get Knocked out by an aging Silva who looked slower then ever. Nick even turned his back and ran Condit style at one point

So he got out maneuvered by 3 guys with some of best footwork in MMA so his movement sucks? I've seen almost all of diaz fight since entering the UFC and after he left. So either youre an idiot or a troll, either way have a great day.

Condit moves allot but he really doesn't have good footwork. GSP shut down his movement pretty easy in the first two rounds of their fight.

Its pretty undeniable that Nick has shitty movement

LOL Nick isn't a counter striker. The Anderson fight is one of the only times he tried to play the counter striking game and thats because he knew he would get KOd if he fought like his usual aggressive self

Nick isn't that aggressive a fighter, contrary to popular belief. He relies on his opponent to try to close the distance on him, and he's good at keeping them at the end of his range.

He complained that Condit and Silva didn't engage, but he also didn't do shit himself beside plod around the cage following them.

Back