Was Nick Diaz to blame for that last Silva fight being so dull?

Condit moves allot but he really doesn't have good footwork. GSP shut down his movement pretty easy in the first two rounds of their fight.

Its pretty undeniable that Nick has shitty movement

I'm completely open to accepting this statement, just please provide me with more examples like I asked the other gentleman who could not. I've watched all of his fights minus maybe 5 or 6 but I've seen all of his losses and while he may not have the footwork of a 19 year old tyson he is pretty competent. Even in cages vs rings he was able to herd and drive guys into the cage and drag them into a war.

Great stuff here, Nick should've ran in and gone toe-to-toe with a guy who destroyed a UFC champion two weight classes above him. That would've been the way to fight.

....nick lasted longer in the cage then belfort, henderson, franklin, marquardt, Griffin, bonnar, chael, etc., .

Those guys all fought to win the fight. Nick did not. He was in the cage but was only interested in surviving. He “fought” like a coward.

When he realized he was losing he kept playing the same game, even though he would lose. He knew if he fought to win he would have been KTFO.

His face was a mess at the end of the night. He got beat up dude.
His face was cut from one shot that opened him up, might want to watch the fight again. That was not getting picked apart, every round was competitive.

I think that fight could have been amazing and FOTN if Nick actually fought in the pocket and kept moving forward and engaging like he did against Condit and wanted to do against GSP.

He's got a good chin and combinations but spent most of the fight moving backwards, throwing baby leg kicks and trying to avoid the fight.

Called Condit a runner but I guess he didn't want to be another KO on Silva's highlight reel?

Nick%2BDiaz%2BTaunts%2BAnderson%2BSilva%2BUFC%2B183.gif

1OyeFhj.gif

HonestGivingHorse.gif

tumblr_nj2vj2FCG71rofocqo1_500.gif

I dunno man. Silva hit Diaz with a hard counter that prob would of dropped anyone .

I think Diaz chin too good

I'm completely open to accepting this statement, just please provide me with more examples like I asked the other gentleman who could not. I've watched all of his fights minus maybe 5 or 6 but I've seen all of his losses and while he may not have the footwork of a 19 year old tyson he is pretty competent. Even in cages vs rings he was able to herd and drive guys into the cage and drag them into a war.

Examples of Nicks poor footwork? Like besides his last three fights obviously? The only time Nick has " herd and drive guys into the cage and drag them into a war" is when he fights guys that will just stand there infront of him and low ranked guys. We all saw his problems VS Condit (who is really not all that hard to cut off), GSP was giving him fits for the most part being able to keep Nick right at the end of his jab with his footwork and obviously the Anderson fight where he kinda just stood there out of range. What "examples" do you want? Nick struggles with movement. It looks like he is walking in mud when he moves.

Maybe i didn't word it right. Nick has terrible movement when compared to the other top fighters. Do you have any examples of Nick showing competent footwork?

every round was competitive.

It was never competitive. Silva was doing whatever he wanted to do. He was winning without much effort. In the 5th he opened up and destroyed Nick. He could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Nick had no answer at any point in the fight.

Great stuff here, Nick should've ran in and gone toe-to-toe with a guy who destroyed a UFC champion two weight classes above him. That would've been the way to fight.

That would have probably gave him a better chance then trying to out counter punch a much better counter puncher then him.

Honestly Nick was probably losing no matter what, but him and his fans have called his opponents cowards for not engaging with him, but then he spent the whole fight scared to engage with Anderson.

Examples of Nicks poor footwork? Like besides his last three fights obviously? The only time Nick has " herd and drive guys into the cage and drag them into a war" is when he fights guys that will just stand there infront of him and low ranked guys. We all saw his problems VS Condit (who is really not all that hard to cut off), GSP was giving him fits for the most part being able to keep Nick right at the end of his jab with his footwork and obviously the Anderson fight where he kinda just stood there out of range. What "examples" do you want? Nick struggles with movement. It looks like he is walking in mud when he moves.

Maybe i didn't word it right. Nick has terrible movement when compared to the other top fighters. Do you have any examples of Nick showing competent footwork?

Sure theres lawler, shamrock, gomi, second noons fight, santos, bj, zamomskis, neer, and smith. I agree his foot work isn't as good as his last three opponents but like I said before if being out maneuvered by GSP, Condit, and Silva qualifies as bad footwork than most everyone in MMA has shit footwork.

Sure theres lawler, shamrock, gomi, second noons fight, santos, bj, zamomskis, neer, and smith. I agree his foot work isn't as good as his last three opponents but like I said before if being out maneuvered by GSP, Condit, and Silva qualifies as bad footwork than most everyone in MMA has shit footwork.

Just because you win a fight doesn't mean you show good footwork. None of those fights you mentioned showed great footwork. Walking slowly in a straight line and pushing people to the cage who are just standing infront of you is not showing competent footwork. That has more to do with Nicks great chin and ability to walk through punches then his footwork.

GSP, Condit and Anderson have fought allot of fighters (GSP and Anderson when they were much quicker and lighter on their feet) and i can't think of a single opponent who's footwork was as flat and sluggish as Nicks was against them. And Condit really doesn't have that great of footwork. Nick didn't just get out maneuvered by him, but he looked like a complete novice trying to cut the cage off

Just because you win a fight doesn't mean you show good footwork. None of those fights you mentioned showed great footwork. Walking slowly in a straight line and pushing people to the cage who are just standing infront of you is not showing competent footwork. That has more to do with Nicks great chin and ability to walk through punches then his footwork.

GSP, Condit and Anderson have fought allot of fighters (GSP and Anderson when they were much quicker and lighter on their feet) and i can't think of a single opponent who's footwork was as flat and sluggish as Nicks was against them. And Condit really doesn't have that great of footwork. Nick didn't just get out maneuvered by him, but he looked like a complete novice trying to cut the cage off

He uses his footwork to cut off the cage/ring in alot of those fights, uses it to stay in the correct striking range, keep his foot on the outside lead when fighting opposite stance fighters and other small detailes to keep the guys where they generally have to exchange in the pocket and fight off the cage. If he just walked in a straight line like you suggest people would just circle out or pivot away more than they do. Also condits footwork has held up against people like lawler, Kampmann and alves, he has good footwork. It may not look the prettiest or smoothest but it is effective.

EDIT: I'm not saying diaz has the best foot work in the game by any means. I'm just trying to point out saying it jsn't good because condit, GSP, and Silva were better is a horrible measuring stick because they have some of the very best in the business so most look bad by comparison.

That would have probably gave him a better chance then trying to out counter punch a much better counter puncher then him.

Honestly Nick was probably losing no matter what, but him and his fans have called his opponents cowards for not engaging with him, but then he spent the whole fight scared to engage with Anderson.

Nick is always mean-mugging and throwing up gang signs, like he’s some badass. But when he was faced with the choice of losing the fight, or taking a chance and actually trying to win, he pussed out.

It was never competitive. Silva was doing whatever he wanted to do. He was winning without much effort. In the 5th he opened up and destroyed Nick. He could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Nick had no answer at any point in the fight.

That's ridiculous, the 5th round Silva clearly won but every other round was close. I actually gave Nick the 1st and 4th rounds, Silva the others. Nick landed some really good shots on him throughout the fight and the striking gap wasn't very wide at all.

He complained that Condit and Silva didn't engage, but he also didn't do shit himself beside plod around the cage following them.
Exactly.

I loved when he shit talked Carlos for an hour after the fight calling him a point fighter and when the reporter asked him why Nick didn't finish the submission he had in the 5th round he told the reporter he didn't attempt to finish it because he thought he was up on the scorecards....(aka up on points).

What's funny is Carlos has had 4 fight of the night performances since the Diaz fight (what has mr super exciting Diaz done since then ? Boring fights and more complaining ?).

Don't know why alot of users think he's the holy grail of excitement

Those guys all fought to win the fight. Nick did not. He was in the cage but was only interested in surviving. He “fought” like a coward.

When he realized he was losing he kept playing the same game, even though he would lose. He knew if he fought to win he would have been KTFO.

I didnt see it that way, and neither did many others. It was more a case of styles nullifying one another. I thought it was a good fight for what it was, but if anyone gets the blame, its Anderson. What did you expect nick to do....go balls to the wall with a guy naturally bigger and stronger than you? A guy known as the goat....there is nothing coward about stepping in the octagon against a guy like anderson silva....he stood and traded with one of the most feared atrikers of all time...taking him down and laying on him for an entire round would be classified more as coward.

I've said this since the fight happened. That fight would've looked like that at any point in Anderson's Career .

Anderson's power comes from his opponent's aggressiveness and over-commiting on their strikes and he catches you coming in to double the impact.

Diaz doesn't do that he drowns you with half-power high volume arm punches. Anderson never had a chance to counter. Plus Diaz has a solid Chin.

People say Anderson looked bad because he didn't K.O Diaz. But I thought when they talked about a potential matchup before the Weidman fight that it would be a decision fight like Lietes or Cote before the injury .

His style isn't enough to beat Silva but he could go the distance with any version of Anderson.
Bisping's style can be troublesome too

Back