Was Nick Diaz to blame for that last Silva fight being so dull?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I think that fight could have been amazing and FOTN if Nick actually fought in the pocket and kept moving forward and engaging like he did against Condit and wanted to do against GSP.

He's got a good chin and combinations but spent most of the fight moving backwards, throwing baby leg kicks and trying to avoid the fight.

Called Condit a runner but I guess he didn't want to be another KO on Silva's highlight reel?

Nick%2BDiaz%2BTaunts%2BAnderson%2BSilva%2BUFC%2B183.gif

1OyeFhj.gif

HonestGivingHorse.gif

tumblr_nj2vj2FCG71rofocqo1_500.gif

Diaz literally laid on the ground and Silva didn't engage...

This thread is going to give more people cancer than the actual fight.

You'd really have to blame both of them.

You have Silva who's the games most dangerous counter striker, and Diaz who knows better than to lead into a counter striker.

Some matchups can end up being stalemates if both fighters aren't willing to engage, and this unfortunately was one of them.

A more recent example of a stalemate was Nelson vs Rosholt. One fighter worried about a takedown and not wanting to overextend, and the other worried about being ko'd and not wanting to shoot.

Disrespectful as fuck. But I busted a gut when Diaz laid down. Plus, it's not like Anderson never clowned anyone inside the octagon.

Last edited:
It's Nicks fault his footwork is so shitty.

He was trying to get Anderson to lead, it's hard to lead against Anderson and have success. Nick stayed pretty busy and controlled the octagon for the most part. It was a tough match up for him though going up 15 pounds. He did well considering.

It's Nicks fault his footwork is so shitty.
Idk that footwork had as much to do with it as just Anderson being bigger, longer, and and being able to keep Nick on the end of his punches just like he would to basically any other welterweight.

^If you hate Nick then you hate fun. Don't hate fun.

2 washed up and past it fighters going at it,is why it was dull.

Yes. Nick moved forward the first two rounds and after that not very much. Also when he did move forward he didn't really do anything. Anderson picked him apart from the outside.

Yes. Just like in the Condit fight he was more concerned at times with throwing power ranger kicks and "clowning" his opponent than landing scoring blows and tactically fighting his fight. I don't blame him for not fighting how he usually does against a counter fighter like Silva though. Silva is a nightmare matchup for the normal Nick so he had to switch things up and try to play the counter fighter against one of the most known pure counter punchers.

and I say this as someone who fucking loves some NIck Diaz.

Last edited:
Idk that footwork had as much to do with it as just Anderson being bigger, longer, and and being able to keep Nick on the end of his punches just like he would to basically any other welterweight.

^If you hate Nick then you hate fun. Don't hate fun.

If Nick had a modicum of footwork he could force the fight to take place where he wants it. Since he doesn't he can't.

Yes. Nick moved forward the first two rounds and after that not very much. Also when he did move forward he didn't really do anything. Anderson picked him apart from the outside.

Getting picked apart is what Wonderboy did to Hendricks, he got outpointed, not picked apart.

Nick Diaz really should fight Matt Brown or maybe Donald Cerrone, who will come forward and engage in a fight the way Diaz wants.

Back