Media Was Movsar Evloev a downed opponent when Allen landed those knees, or nah?

Downed opponent?

• Total voters
Ontario doesn't use the Unified Rules. They use New Jersey's:
A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. (i. e. could have one shin or one finger down to be considered a downed fighter) If the referee determines that a fighter would be a grounded fighter but is not solely because the cage fence has held fighter from the ground, the referee can instruct the combatants that he is treating the fighter held up solely by the cage as a grounded fighter
I didn't realize that was the case. All I could find was that Ontario uses the NJ SACB rules but all it said was kicking or kneeing a grounded opponent was a foul but I couldn't find their definition of what a grounded opponent is.

It is also completely fucked that the Unified Rules are not Unified.

I didn't realize that was the case. All I could find was that Ontario uses the NJ SACB rules but all it said was kicking or kneeing a grounded opponent was a foul but I couldn't find their definition of what a grounded opponent is.

It is also completely fucked that the Unified Rules are not Unified.
The rules are "unified" because the national organization of the ABC works with all the commissions and had a vote on putting together some wording for some proposed rules changes (imagine kinda like a senate that all the regions vote on, but whose results are more a suggestion). The wording was widely approved, but still wasn't adopted by everyone.

The lone dissenting vote to the proposed unified rules was NJ. Then they didn't adopt the rules. Then they even wrote to the ABC again with a sort of "I told you so" letter after the Mousasi-Weidman thing (which happened in NY, not NJ like they're bothered that everyone else changed their rules) and suggested they revert the language of their unified rule proposal. It's pretty safe to say they're not on board.

And although their pro rules don't mention it, they do list that definition i posted in their amateur rules. And I believe that is, word for word, the old rules as far back as at least 2003

Pussy rules for pussy fighters imagine in street fight come on bro dont hit me with knee my hands is touching ground

while im agreement, in this fight, with these rules as they, there is no questions he was a downed opponent.
Yeah, I'm all for doing away with grounded fighter rules completely. But Allen threw those knees without even checking so it would be arguably deliberate fouls too.

fuck the current stupid rules,

knee = down, elbow = down,

as far as one hand, or dragging hand, or making the ref intervene... again, fuck that -- you got into that position, or were put in that position, and each fighter should be aware of it from that perspective... no more playing the stupid mini game -- problem solved.

Allen won that fight hes been done dirty in this div given max holloway who just ran and jabbed all fight then given a crotch sniffer, while the likes of topuria gets the easy route to the title defo anti white british thing going on

The rules are "unified" because the national organization of the ABC works with all the commissions and had a vote on putting together some wording for some proposed rules changes (imagine kinda like a senate that all the regions vote on, but whose results are more a suggestion). The wording was widely approved, but still wasn't adopted by everyone.

The lone dissenting vote to the proposed unified rules was NJ. Then they didn't adopt the rules. Then they even wrote to the ABC again with a sort of "I told you so" letter after the Mousasi-Weidman thing (which happened in NY, not NJ like they're bothered that everyone else changed their rules) and suggested they revert the language of their unified rule proposal. It's pretty safe to say they're not on board.

And although their pro rules don't mention it, they do list that definition i posted in their amateur rules. And I believe that is, word for word, the old rules as far back as at least 2003
Well it is fucked that Ontario chose to use the NJ rules in 2003 but when MMA becomes mainstream and has rules updated to reflect the sports evolution they don't update. Jurisdictions using Unified Rules but with major differences means they aren't Unified. Imagine a hockey game in the NHL where in NJ "Offside" is judged like soccer and no blueline exists. No imagine Ontario having that same exception because they passed the NJ rules.

"Fake Grounding" is not against the rules. The irony of you needing to do loopholes to call the guy getting fouled a cheater to exonerate the guy who did the fouling.

Are people stupid? Yeah, I'm answering one right now.

Russian got put in a bad spot, started crawfishing on his feet and swiping at the ground to create fake grounding to avoid getting kneed in the face, Goddard watched four of them, then stepped in on the 5th. Unclear on how or why that went down. Goddard apparently did not immediately see Arnold kneeing a downed opponent while Goddard was watching every knee strike Arnold threw.

No loopholes here bud. Seen the fight.

Quote them rules.

Reconcile them with what happened.

Fake grounding is a thing.

Did you just call me stupid?

Fuck off Fake Grounder lover. Fucking twat.

Russian got put in a bad spot, started crawfishing on his feet and swiping at the ground to create fake grounding to avoid getting kneed in the face, Goddard watched four of them, then stepped in on the 5th. Unclear on how or why that went down. Goddard apparently did not immediately see Arnold kneeing a downed opponent while Goddard was watching every knee strike Arnold threw.

No loopholes here bud. Seen the fight.

Quote them rules.

Reconcile them with what happened.

Fake grounding is a thing.

Did you just call me stupid?

Fuck off Fake Grounder lover. Fucking twat.
I have quoted the correct rules

Like 100 times since this happened.

Matter of fact: here it is again, from the first page of this thread:
Ontario doesn't use the Unified Rules. They use New Jersey's:
A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. (i. e. could have one shin or one finger down to be considered a downed fighter) If the referee determines that a fighter would be a grounded fighter but is not solely because the cage fence has held fighter from the ground, the referee can instruct the combatants that he is treating the fighter held up solely by the cage as a grounded fighter

You're right, there is no loophole. Because there is no "fake grounding rule" there.

You're making up bullshit

Stupid

Last edited:
Back