Media Was Movsar Evloev a downed opponent when Allen landed those knees, or nah?

Downed opponent?

• Total voters
Almost every place has their own little change ups in SOME way. Take California. Sure, kicks to people's kneecaps aren't legal there and some people hate that, but they also have the fight night weights policy too that I find a breathe of fresh air.
Yes, but is not a good situation when rules change from event to event. The UFC should try to keep it the same anywhere they organize an event. Otherwise you have situations like this where the audience isn’t certain what’s going on, the fighters aren’t sure and neither was Goddard who said something along the lines “ I’m giving you a hard warning, but no piont deduction because he was dragging his hand while moving”. It’s not a good look.
Also, does it mean knees will be legal in China? Soccer kicks in Japan?

The unified rules have changed on this matter. Now you have to put weight on the hand and not just touch the mat

Legal knees.

Touching...not carrying weight.
Again, the rules

The unified rules have changed on this matter. Now you have to put weight on the hand and not just touch the mat

Legal knees.
Do people pay attention at all? Those don't apply here. Can we just loop this repeatedly or edit it into the first post or something

Yes, but is not a good situation when rules change from event to event. The UFC should try to keep it the same anywhere they organize an event. Otherwise you have situations like this where the audience isn’t certain what’s going on, the fighters aren’t sure and neither was Goddard who said something along the lines “ I’m giving you a hard warning, but no piont deduction because he was dragging his hand while moving”. It’s not a good look.
Also, does it mean knees will be legal in China? Soccer kicks in Japan?
Oh, I had interpreted what Goddard's statement was him saying that is why you probably didn't think they were illegal, cuz despite the moving, he was able to drag it to keep himself grounded, so I don't think you were being intentional.

But yeah, it seems like fighters just don't care to listen to the rule differences that they are being instructed of backstage before events, and this creates problems

Which makes them convoluted and not at all solid.
That leads to them being up for "interpretation".
It does make them convoluted, but they're not up for interpretation. Ironically, the new better version of the rule is the one that is more vague or up for interpretation because the ref has to guess at what's load-bearing, but this rule is not at all confusing here (even if it is incredibly shitty). Anything but the feet means no

It does make them convoluted, but they're not up for interpretation. Ironically, the new better version of the rule is the one that is more vague or up for interpretation because the ref has to guess at what's load-bearing, but this rule is not at all confusing here (even if it is incredibly shitty). Anything but the feet means no

Its supposed to be palm down carrying weight.
That right there is up for interpretation.

I think the rule should be abolished completely.
No more gaming the system.

Which makes them convoluted and not at all solid.
That leads to them being up for "interpretation".
Especially when they are called the "unified ruleset".

Yet they differ from country to country and even state to state.

If it's in the rules than yes. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

And change the rules.

Back