Was last nights main event worth watching?

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
i fell asleep in my lazy boy after the Bermudez/Rony fight, is the main event even worth watching this morning? Reading some of the post fight commentary it sounds like it wasn't close to the striking clinic everyone thought it would be.

It was sloppy but fun and non-stop till the final bell. A lot of wild glancing shots and no one ever got hurt. It was pretty much exactly what people expected. I enjoyed it.

To sum it up as simply as possible, it was a shit load of acrobatic kicks that could have been devastating if they landed, but they didn't land. And if there was a good boxer at the other end of those missed kicks, there would have been a devastating counter knockout. It was fun, but both fighters just weren't quite good enough.

I didn't watch that low level fight, but I saw Ponzzinnibio vs Cummings and Leites vs Camozzi

Neither guy is about to trouble Aldo or McGregor any time soon, but it was a fun enough spectacle.

Thanks for replies, I really did t want to waste 25 minutes watching if the fight didn't deliver... watching a pretty display of kicks and sparing isn't going to cut it, glad I fell asleep last night, got chores to do today...lol.

I thought it was a great fight and beautiful display of martial arts. It was 5 rounds of non stop high risk technical action.

I've become such a fucking casual I didn't even know there were fights on tonight. This from a guy that used to watch every single card in its entirety (including prelims), all pre/post fight conferences, and the countdown/primetime shows and count the days until the next PPV.

I've become such a fucking casual I didn't even know there were fights on tonight. This from a guy that used to watch every single card in its entirety (including prelims), all pre/post fight conferences, and the countdown/primetime shows and count the days until the next PPV.
It's age, responsibility, and 40-50 events per year is allot to keep up with.

Nah. I can't believe thats what we are getting as a main event these days. one guy in Cacreas who has a losing record in UFC 7-8, against a fighter who is talented but he is still very very raw and needs a lot more time, shouldn't be main event.

Yair would probably KTFO McGregor but not Aldo.

There was a lot of spinning attacks that looked cool but didn't land + a few good shots and a takedown

Worth watching, but nowhere near as terrific as some people have made it out to be.

Or maybe I am just suffering from fight fatigue and need a break.

a lot of spinning shit,mostly from yair

Too many fucking events is the biggest problem of all, they're watered down like so much Pepsi at my Subway

I expected a barn burner based on the initial comments I saw and sure enough it was a pretty good fight, although there were stretches when I was focusing more on my breakfast. By the end I just got angry at Yair's lack of discipline, insistence on headhunting and a bit wary about his power. Based on this display the moment when they book him against an established top 15 featherweight, I'll probably bet against him.

Yeah ... fun fight, non stop action and both guys have exciting styles ...
Love both of those guys ...good to see them put on a good performance and sportsmanship... and i really like Caceres mentality .... the more i get to know him , the more i like him , very inteligent and interesting dude.
Gotta love MMA

I agree used to be easier back in the day only saw this one because I haf a reminder on my cable box.

Back